Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  25" Big Bertha Video Poker Monitor down
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 25" Big Bertha Video Poker Monitor down  (Read 7071 times)
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: June 19, 2009, 07:40:25 PM »

My 25" monitor on my Big Bertha video poker game had what I believe is a capacitor smoked on it and have no idea what to replace it with. Here is a link on the forum to get an idea of the game :
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2289.new#new

The place on the pcboard that the burned item is, is screened PTH182,  dont know if this helps.  The monitor brand is RGB Display Corp. Model 1401, Serial 019181,  hopefull some of you very very smart people can help me locate the part.  I have no problem putting it on.  Here is the pics:
I have a couple more pictures if needed.

* P5270763.JPG (540.44 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 280 times.)

* P5270766.JPG (99.31 KB, 640x480 - viewed 252 times.)
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:12:26 PM »

It looks like a inrush thermistor that failed.  They're designed to limit the initial current flow when a device is turned on.  The good news is that you can purchase them from a variety of electronic parts suppliers, the bad news is that you really need to know the specifications of the one that you have.  That information would be in a schematic/parts diagram for the monitor that I'm guessing you don't have?  Maybe another member here has one, or you could try contacting the manufacturer for the information?  Hope you're able to get it going again.
Tbone
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »

A friend of mine had a messed up monitor in his machine and he had the local TV repair man come out and fix it.
Cost him $25.00 for part and labor.
I hope you get it up and running again!!

Troy
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 12:54:11 AM »

mwade109 ,
If you can de-solder the burned out component off the board, get the numbers off of it with a magnifying glass, I'm sure it can be easily located at the online stores such as Newark.com, Mouser.com, Digi-Key.com, or even Allied Electronics.com.

All these places sell electronic components that I need when repairing machines... yes
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 02:53:38 AM »

Thanks but there is a hole burned thru the side so there is no numbers and I have no schematic for it,  any other suggestions anyone?  I will try about anything at this point! Tbone,  that was the first thing i tried but the local tv repair shop wouldn't even talk without a schematic.  Hopefully someone here will have one or maybe take an educated guess an I try it and maybe it works,  maybe it dont.  Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone.
Mike
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 03:53:55 AM »

Mike       Zanen Electronics 806 829 2780  they do a lot of monitor chassis repairs and sell cap kits

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »

Have a complete Monitor with that Chassis in it in a trailer, no way to terst, but you could use the board as a parts board to have repaired, it would take a week or so to get to the trailer where it is since there has been so much rain

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »

That would be great cause I've been having no luck with this one.  Let me know when you can do it and a price and we can get together on the shipping details.  Thanks, this might just be what old' Big Bertha needs.  Sure do miss her with the heavy dollar coins clanking out of her. Out of that,  the s+'s, s2000's and the pe+ I have,  Bertha is by far my favorite
Mike

Have a complete Monitor with that Chassis in it in a trailer, no way to terst, but you could use the board as a parts board to have repaired, it would take a week or so to get to the trailer where it is since there has been so much rain
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 01:17:14 AM »

Thanks for trying blueridgeslots,  too bad it didn't work out.  I ended up,  pretty much as a last resort for now,  sending the monitor board, yoke assy and control board to a place on the internet, www.monitorboss.com , and hoping he can perform some magic on it  I sure hope so cause Big Bertha looks kinds bad there with no action going on.  I am still open to suggestions on getting her fixed or somehow converting it to use a different monitor if anyone has any ideas.  In the mean time,  just crossing my fingers while waiting for monitorboss to see what he can do.
Mike
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 02:05:46 AM »

Just wanted to report back (happily) that my monitor has been repaired and now my Big Bertha Video Poker is pumping out those dollar coins once again!  Thanks to all suggestions but a company online made the repairs,  www.monitorboss.com .  He did a great job and now my Space Invaders monitor chassis is on its way back from him and cant wait to re-install it.
Mike
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 02:33:25 AM »

If you don't mind sharing, what was the approximate cost? Some people may appreciate knowing for reference in the future if they have problems.  Scratch Head

If you don't feel it appropriate to share the costs, did they give a guess in advance, or a not to exceed amount, or just a bill at the end?

Regards,

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:08 AM »

Sure,  to explain the entire thing,  I sent him the chassis but no schematic but he was having a hard time so I ended up taking the yoke and control board off and sending it so it took a little extra time,  all in all,  about 3 weeks from the time I shipped till the time it came back.  He told me that if he could do it would be 100.00, shipping included and that was it.  He accepts credit card and paypal,  don't know about checks.  But in my opinion,  great work, very fair price and fast turnaround.
Mike

If you don't mind sharing, what was the approximate cost? Some people may appreciate knowing for reference in the future if they have problems.  Scratch Head

If you don't feel it appropriate to share the costs, did they give a guess in advance, or a not to exceed amount, or just a bill at the end?

Regards,

nlg ADMIN
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 05:29:41 AM »

Mike,

Thanks for sharing for other members to know in the future.  applause K+

nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.