Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  WMS bluebird power resets.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WMS bluebird power resets.  (Read 7781 times)
vertigouno
« on: June 26, 2009, 06:30:00 AM »

Hi im a newbie here and to the whole tech thing. I have a WMS Bluebird with a 5779 backplane board that was power resetting by itself.   I replaced backplane and ram cleared it. it worked for a day. Now i turn it on and it will not boot, it gives me some kind of I/o error.  wheres the I/o   HELP i need to learn. Duh!
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »

5779 Scratch Head  Is this a true B.B. video or reel or a 550 conversion?   To my understanding or at least on the 550,the processor and the I/O board are combined into one board. Regardless of which one I would reseat all boards,plugs and software and verify voltages.
tacman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:48:35 PM »

Tony, power resets on the 550 conversion are commonly from not enough power to the MPU. Remember when someone (ok, me  Duh!) forgot to plug in the the added power cable to the MPU?

Dan (tacman)

Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 10:08:59 PM »

Yep  arrow    I think its Rickhunter and slotmaster who has some pics and talks about lack of voltage and the extra cable needed for NXT/550 conversion
vertigouno
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:48:36 PM »

Thanks guys I'll try that pm me if anybody has msn or aim messenger.
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 11:42:49 AM »

If it's a 360 / 550 conversion then for sure take a look at the power supply and make sure the extra aux power pig tail is there and plugged in.

If it's a BB, then the ATX style power supply needs to be replaced

The I/O on the BB is built into the backplane (bulkhead) board unlike the 360 / 550

But the 5779 as noted is the 550 backplane board which is not a BB rather a 550 conversion. 

so see my first line for random resets, but the I/O error is something different.  What is the exact error?

vertigouno
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »

I tried swaping out the backplane and powersupply with another wms I don't know
how to tell if it's a 550/ bbu. The CPU has the same part number as the backplan 5779 the flash cards goes os on back game in front
       Oh and it gives me some kind of error. Intld. Nvram. Input output  error: hint could be cause by
I/0 or icq.  It come up after it validates.  Os and software

Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 04:14:02 PM »

It's not a BB but why not post a picture of it so we can see if the Aux plug is there.

However it sounds like there is a board issue or CF flash, did you try another NXT board (if avail) or software in the same cabinet?

I have seen a few other things cause this but lets start there.

vertigouno
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »

The  aux plug is bluged in. Two cables come from the power supply  both are good.  We changed out the game flash card
(Brazilian beauty).  We need to try the CPU next but we don't have any in stock . I might just get another game and pull the
board .  That will require 2 ram clears 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.