Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Barcrest code 80 - help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barcrest code 80 - help  (Read 4636 times)
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« on: June 27, 2009, 03:16:39 AM »

hissy fit  My Little Devil just went out on strike.  I got 2 Super Game symbols and when we hit the spin button- notta.  Got a code 80 in the winner paid window and the top reels turned continuous slow.  Tried the white button reset, it does absolutely nothing.  The jackpot key does nothing, power off/on you get a code 0018 on the upper bonus display and the 80 return also.  No mention of a code 80 anywhere in the meager marerial I have.  I'm stuck   loser
It has SP1269, SS7975, and the MPU4 .

Its Always Something...
westec1
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »

Info on barcrest machines is hard to come by; I will try to help you out as best I can
I think you will find that you have an MPU5 in the top box of your Little Devil

The code 18 on the top box is normal on startup, check to see if you have communication to the top box, you can do this by checking the red and green led’s on the small black box above the game board in the lower cabinet, they should be flashing. You probably do have communication as the code 18 should just stay on and the top game will not try to start if you don’t
You can do some test’s on the top box function’s. First remove the player tracking bezel, then carefully remove the glass, open the white cover with the lights on it, you will see two black buttons to the right of the reels marked Feature and Test.

The first time you push the test button you will see a 1 flash in the spins LED and the reels should spin at a normal speed, you should also see a 0 on the win LED with the front panel lights lighting up
The second time you push the test button you will see a 2 flash in the spins led and the lights on the reels and front panel will light up one by one for a lamp test.
The third time you hit the test button you will see a 3 flash in the spins led and all the front panel lights will flash at the same time
The forth time you hit the test button you will see a 4 flash in the spin LED and this will give you a LED segment test of all the top box LED’s
The fifth and sixth tests don’t seem to do much, just skip these, unless some one else can shed some light on those tests
The seventh time you push the test button you will see a 7 flash on the spin LED, this is an audio test, you should here, channel 1 channel 2 both.
The eighth time you push the test button you will see an 8 flash on the spin LED, this will give a reverse reel step test.
Pushing the test button again will bring you back to normal operation,
If these test’s do not perform as stated, check the voltages from the power supply behind the main game reels, you should have pin out and voltage’s printed on the power supply, also loosen off the white retaining nuts that hold the reels and main chasse and push back on them to make sure they are well seated. Check the power connectors; make sure you don’t have any brown discoloration on them, as this is a sign of a poor connection that may need to be fixed.

Wes

Wes propeller
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 06:09:06 PM »

Thanks Wes.  I believe you are correct- its a MPU-5. 

The Barcrest feature self-test routines seem to work.  I ran through the different self-test like you described and it looked good- I guess.  The MPU-5 shows 4 green LEDs.  The left one is blinking, the 3 right are on steady. 

Let me describe exactly what it does:

Pwr up
$.25 & florescents light, fan is blowing.
Top feature reels spin to last position & get the feature code of 0018
Noise as WBA-10 cycles
Reels spin to last position
Insert Coin light starts blinking
434 credits show briefly in Credit window
80 then shows in Winner Paid, the 434 credits disappears from the credit window, and the top tower lamp blinks fast.
None of the buttons light and nothing show in Coins Played
The botton tower light turns on with the door open and off when closed.

At one point as I was testing the MPU-5 the DBV light was on.  It did take a bill but then rejected it,  then the DBV light went out and has not come back on.  The machine wont take quarters even thought the insert coin light is blinking  and the "test" coin-in button below the CC wont work either.

I've never seen this before.   Scratch Head  So what do you think??
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:14:16 PM by MarkInAz » Logged

Its Always Something...
westec1

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »

I haven't seen this trouble before either
Have you tried turning the rest key with the machine on and the main door open? and then close the door

Also the green LED on the left bottom of the MPU5 flashing, this is the status light, flashing is normal, to the right of that there are 4 LED's that all should be lit up steady green, they are from left to right, +34 +24 +12 -12, you mentioned you only had 3 on?, if you only have 3 on you need to check the top box power supply, it is behind the main game reels, you may need to remove it to test it properly

Is the communication between the main game and the top box working, the small black box above the hopper should have the red and green LED's flashing

Wes

Wes propeller
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 05:34:10 AM »

Success!  Don't know if this procedure is in the Barcrest Service Manual (which I don't have) but it worked for me. rotflmao

With power off, pulled off one of the reel connectors
Fired up the machines, got the code 49 as expected.
Hit the white reset button and finally got into the setup pages.
Shut off machine, reconnected the reel connector.
Powered up, closed the door and the errors all cleared.  I even got to finish playing the last spin which had the two Super Games showing.

Go figure. Scratch Head

PS- Never did find out what a code 80 is.

Its Always Something...
westec1

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:32:41 AM »

Nice to see you got it going  applause applause

When you mentioned the slow reel spin I was thinking a reel fault, maybe the code 80 is for a top box reel?

Have a good one  wave

Wes

Wes propeller
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 10:00:14 PM »

Success!  Don't know if this procedure is in the Barcrest Service Manual (which I don't have) but it worked for me. rotflmao

With power off, pulled off one of the reel connectors

Mark, did you pull off one of the top box reel connectors or one of the main reel connectors? I'm assuming one of the top box reels since they were the ones spinning slowly, but you know what happens when one assumes.  frying pan  K+ for posting your solution.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 10:25:18 PM »

The lower reels,  #1 connector was the one I pulled off.  I wanted to determin if the CPU was still alive and performing the power on self-test- which it was obviously. Some how that caused the machine to get past the mysterious code 80.   Dragon

You know Wes, I should go back and check those LEDs now that its working.  I'll get back to you all. 

Mark

Its Always Something...
westec1

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 01:04:07 AM »

Mark, thanks for the update, I tried to duplicate the code 80 on mine with out any success,
sometimes you have to get a bit creative, that's how we all learn.
thanks for sharing the results

Wes

Wes propeller
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 04:17:52 AM »

Update:

Sure enough the LEDs on the MPU-5 were the most important clues I think.  I see now there are a total of 6 LEDS.  From left to right:  One red then 5 green.  Now that my machine is working the red LED is off, the left most green LED blinks during boot-up then goes off and the 4 right most green LEDs are on steady and the red & green LEDs on the little black box are blinking continuously.

So I would conclude my Code 80 was telling me to look at the MPU-5.  When mine was not working the left green LED was blinking continuously, now it only blink as it powers up.  Talk about getting lucky.  Tongue Out  I really hate it when you don't know how you fixed something !   Scratch Head

Thanks for the help Wes.   

Its Always Something...
westec1

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 12:12:18 PM »

Mark, glad to help, to bad I couldn't come up with the fix, at least its working Cool Thumbs-Up

There aren't to many of the Little Devil machines around, only a few guy's here have them, don't mean to scare anyone but a dealer I know got one with the upper glass broken, he told me IGT wanted $700.00, to reproduce it, arrow
I was checking out the pic's in your profile, nice collection yes yes

Wes

Wes propeller
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 08:43:53 PM »

Thanks for the complement Wes.  That Little Devil is one of our favorites.  I'd love to come across another Barcrest machine- Run For Your Money or Pinball maybe.  I don't care much for the Top Dollar though.  I imagine its the same story when it come to servicing them- little or no data.  As long as NLG stays up & running there is hope I'd say. yes

Cheers

Its Always Something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.