Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:25:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  help in installing new igt video game
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help in installing new igt video game  (Read 3498 times)
delma
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »

Help
Hi friends,

I am very new at video slots and NLG, so please forgive my ignorance.

I am installing Fortune Cookie software onto a IGT slant-top machine that has a 3902 CPU.  My question is does anyone have a step-by-step instructions on how to install my new game or direct me anywhere on the net where I could find the instructions? 

Thank you in advance.
Delma in Dallas

By the way, I do have a 22 chip if needed.
lemans1969
Contributing Gold NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 113

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:58:44 AM »

Basically, you are going to be changing out the base eprom, 2 game eproms, and your SIMM cards. If you remove the current base eprom from your board, make sure to install the new one lining up the notches on the board with the notch on the eprom. Also make sure all the legs are lined up and fully inserted into the slots. On the game eprom, you will find each one marked GME1 and GME2. On the board itself, it is marked GME1 and GME2. Just insert the eproms into the appropriate slot. You will need to remove the piggyback sound MM Lite board by removing the 2 screws that hold it into place. Underneath, the sound card, you will find your PXL SIMM card. Remove the old one and insert your new one. The PXL SIMM card will be the larger of all the SIMM cards. Then replace the sound board and insert your new sound SIMM card. The sound SIMM card will have a DSS number on it. Finally, you will need to remove the CG SIMM cards that are on your board. I am not sure how many SIMM cards there are for the Fortune Cookie, but they should be marked 2 or 3, 3 or 3, 2 of 2, etc. You have 3 SIMM slots located in between the base socket and game socket. Put the number 2 SIMM card in the slot closest to the game eprom socket. If you have more than 1 SIMM card to insert, put number 3 in the middle and 4 in the slot closest to the base eprom. Once everything is seated, insert your board and turn on the machine. It should go through a cycle where the monitor will change colors and finally it will state "Initializing the machine..." then it will go to ram error. You open the door and turn the reset key. It will show another screen. Usually you will have to turn the reset key again and then it will tell you to push and hold the self test button for 2-3 seconds. Push and hold the small white self test button located on the front of the board and then it will continue to cycle again through different color screens. Normally, it will tell you there is an EEPROM ERROR and then you open the door, if not already open, and turn the reset key again usually a couple of times until the screen clears. Once the machine initializes, it will usually ask you to verify options by pushing button on the screen that says ok. If you push this it should set up. You may then have to do the key 22 to set up your optins. Sometimes on these games if you open the door and push the self test button BEFORE you verify your options, it will allow you to set up your denomination. Good luck. If you have any questions, I can be reached at a69lemans@woh.rr.com. April
Flexpipe
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 154

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »

One correction on your install procedure, the PXL cards go in slots labeled J6, J7, J8, and the CGF is the LARGER of all the SIMM cards, that goes into the far right hand slot of the 3902, which the MM lite ultimately covers.

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.