Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:13:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  how to full ram clear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to full ram clear  (Read 9817 times)
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 13, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »

i need instructions for a full ram clear and how to set machine back up i have a test123 chip that i got from a vendor here can someone post the how to
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:09:33 PM »

Do you mean a set chip?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:16:55 PM »

Okay,
Turn OFF the machines power switch or pull the plug from the wall.
You cannot remove or install a board with power on.
Remove the coin tray and slide out the hopper and put aside ( you'll need these later...lol)
Reach in, grab the big black black knob on the MPU tray.
Wiggle it upwards until it comes out...
be careful not to go too crazy when you pull up on this or
you'll bang your hands up on something under the reel tray.
Lay the MPU board on a bench counter...(Jay uses his wifes' kitchen table...lol)
Observe the directions the "reel" and "game" proms positions...
you'll note a "notch" both on the chips and on the MPU's diagrams.
These chips must be installed in only ONE direction!
If you put them in backwards, you'll be sorry....lol
Gently remove the "Game" prom by using a small bent screwdriver...
if you have a small teaspoon, that'll work too.
Lightly pry up at one end then switch and pry up on the other end....
you want the prom to come straight up as much as possible to avoid bending the tiny little legs.
Put the "Game" SP prom aside upside-down on wood or cardboard...do not touch the metal legs.
You body stores static electricity...touching the little legs ruins the data stored in the chips.
I was going to say earlier that you should ground your hand by touching a metal part on the machine but
I'm very sure you've already somehow done that by now....lol
Now, the clear chip....
line up 14 little legs into one side of the socket...(remember the direction of the little notch!)
at the same time, line up the other 14 little legs into the other side of the socket holes...
when you are CERTAIN all the legs are in the holes, push down with you thumbs on both ends of the clear chip evenly  until the eprom is fully seated into the prom socket. (This is a good time to e using one of those magnifying  lighting lamps...lol
By the way, I saw a good one at Staples today for $24...sold out of course...)

Take the whole thing and put it back into the tray holder in the machine...you line up the notches and push down from the top ends into the motherboard below.
Switch the power on, hit the little white "test" switch once...you oughta hear a "ding" sound...look at the display on the door...
the numbers will be counting upwards...when they reach "999", turn the power switch OFF.
Take the while MPU out by the black knob again and lay it down.
Remove the clear chip again and reinstall your original SP "game" chip.
Put the whole thing back in and turn on the power switch...you might get a "61" in the display panel.
Hit the little white "test" switch once for about 4 seconds or until you hear a "ding".
You oughta see a "61-1" in the display....close the door, and turn the "reset" key once and let go...
your game will go through it maiden spins by itself...(the game is "booting" up)
When the "insert coins" light comes on, drop a couple of coins and play your game!

Now, if anything else happens, let us know in complete details so we can help ya!

coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:18:22 AM »

i have done this and have the same result will not clear error 3200 did this with a reguler clear chip this chip is supposed to do a deep clear according to the vendor i bought it from he said it is a test 123 but i dont know how to use it im working on a s+ machine
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 01:39:22 AM »

Does anybody know what a "test 123" chip is? I've never heard of it? Scratch Head

Is it not the same as a ram clear chip? or IVC023?

Anyways,
coxwho1 ,
The "3200" error code means there's a "Jam in the hopper"
(It needs peanut butter.....Booooo, throw da bum out! "Smash"....rim shot)

To clear the "3200" error code, it doesn't need a clear chip or a "Test123" chip...whatever that is...
All you have to do is open and close the door.
Do you have a video camera?
Turn on your camera, look at the optic bulb inside the bill acceptor side of the door.
You should see a little white light flashing when viewing the bulb through your camera...
that means it works...
if there's no light, then your door optics are no good.
Did you ever get a "61-1" after you changed the SP chip?
You would have HAD to close the door, and turned the reset key to get into the "booting up" mode....
but none of that would of worked if the door optics ( emitter) aren't working.
Did your reels do their maiden spin?
More importantly, when the reels stopped, did the reel strip seams stop on the payline?

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 01:50:04 AM »

Stout, I believe this is relation to another thread as posted here:  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=3681.0

coxwho1 does not have a hopper in the machine, IF this is the same machine both threads are talking about. And after all this trouble reading the threads, maybe a hopper should just be purchased?

Dan (tacman)

And then here is a reply from Ben about the deep clear from yet another thread:

fanninislots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 P

Re: bv was working now its not
ยซ Reply #12 on: 07-07-2009, 23:04:48 ยป   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it takes a test 123 chip and it clears the 4 square chip on the mother board. it sounds like you need one, I have them in stock its $20.00 plus shipping of $6.00. Ben
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:55:14 AM by tacman » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 01:52:56 AM »

No hopper?    huh?   Scratch Head

How in the world does the machine think it's "jammed"? Scratch Head 3

This one's for the books men....we gotta figure this out. yes..I'll be testing in the shop in the AM! stir the pot / get cooking
We'll get down to the bottom of this yet! yes
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »

ok did a ram clear again used set chip changed from 5cent to 25cent denom code was gone dvb light came on inserted bill gave me credit like it was a dollar machine and went back to code 3200 what did i do wrong
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 05:32:34 PM »

What happened was that the number displayed after you inserted the coin was the dollar value of the bill inserted.  Then the game tried to pay out the bill in coins.  You need to change your setting from "bills to hopper" to "bills to credit" and then you won't have the issue.  Depending on what SP game chip you have it's going to be either a dip switch setting or an option in the setup menu:

On the very popular SP1271, the settings are controlled on page 0 option 8. If it's set to 0, then you need to press the credit/cash button so that it's lit up BEFORE you put in your bills, otherwise it's going to try to pay out of the hopper. If it's set to 1, then you need to set it to either 0 (for the cash/credit button selection, or two 2 to always have the bills go to credit)

Bill Acceptor Pay Mode <0> [8]   The bill acceptor must be enabled with the set chip to change this option.  Options are pay coins from the hopper {2}, convert bills to credits {1}, or follow the player-initiated credit {0}.  If set to follow the player-initiated credit, bills are converted to credits if the player has selected the credit mode, or paid from the hopper if the player has selected the noncredit mode.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »

it is a sp626 game chip i removed board and read it from the sticker is there a how to on doing what you said thanks for help i jumped in this with no knowledge of slots bought 43 of them from a police auction and trying to get as many going as can not sure what im going to do with them lol
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »

Wow that's great!  I heard of police selling cars .. but slots!!  Nice deal.   

What will you do with 43?  Fix them up and sell them?  applause applause   
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 09:01:12 PM »

that or open a game room if i can figure this out had several with code12 fixed those that was easy now having this problem with several others
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »

Well your in the right place.  I wish I could offer some assistance.  I have one S+ that I've only had to open the door to put in some quarters! 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 12:11:01 AM »

Did the police auction say where the machines came from?  dancing 2
43 machines?...jeesh! I wonder where the police got 'em from....lol

By the way,
I think a SP626 chip is an ARMY chip...I'm not sure...
I've never seen one like yours yet.
Can we see a good pic of the chips on the board coxwho1 ?
I think you have a rare SP chip!
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 01:52:26 AM »

cant figure out how to post pics can somone tell me tried before said to large
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 10:51:20 AM »

cant figure out how to post pics can somone tell me tried before said to large

If you have XP it has a program to resize or see Statfreak's post. (You have to resize before sending)

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=3304.msg27458#msg27458

Ron
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »

i have xp cant locate the the program your talking about read some where you posted a file on hoe to set up options on machines with various sp chips dont know where to look for these files
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »

This is it:

http://www.newlifegames.net/uploads/up/IGT_S+_PSRs_&_TEST_OPTION_SHEETS_SIMPLIFIED_V3.zip

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 07:59:11 PM »

im going to play with it see what i come up with if you figure something out please let me know thank you for your time and help
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 10:16:01 PM »

i have xp cant locate the the program your talking about read some where you posted a file on hoe to set up options on machines with various sp chips dont know where to look for these files

The program I was referring to if you have XP, to re-size pics.  Go to this site and down load "Image Resizer" about the 10th download down on the page.

You will be able to re-size one or many image files with a right-click.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Ron
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 01:52:20 PM »

Okay,
I did some testing this morning....
This is what I came up with>>>

I pulled out the hopper and made sure the "Cash/Credit" button light was off with no credits on the display.
I hit a single cherry  for 2 credits displayed and the machine wanted to pay out 2 credits but gave me the "3200" error code.
I turned off the power and then I pulled the board out and installed a clear chip....
With the power back on, I ran the clear sequence then turned the power off.
I pulled the board back out again and re-installed the SP "game" chip.
I turned the power on again and code "61" came up, I pressed the test button..."61-1" shows up.
I closed the door and turned the reset key...."65-3" show up.
I turned the reset key again and the display went to "65-1".
I opened the door and pressed the test button once...the machine went into it's "boot up" maiden spin mode.
When I closed the door, the 3 reels seams stopped on the center Pay-Line and after 4 flashes of the "Insert coin" light,
the reels did their maiden spin and asked me to drop a quarter.
No more code "3200"....and the credits were cleared from the display...at least until I hit the "Cash/Credit" button if I accumulate any credits.

From here on in, you need to follow Rick Hunter's instructions and you should be good to go.
You must be missing some step somewhere in the instructions....other than that, I know my machine works with/without a hopper.
You need to purchase a hopper or at least one of those gizmos that plug into the hopper beau plug and simulate a hopper.

or

set the machine to lock up at lets say 1,000 credits when you hit the "Cash/Credit" button...
That way you can reset the display credits to zero via the reset key.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:04:49 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 04:43:17 PM »

i finally figured out hoe to fix the problem going to 3200 when inserting bill i changed the 5 1 to 5 0 fixed that now triying to figure how to set for hand pay thanks for everyones help and to answer why the police had these in a auction they raided an illegal gaming hall payouts are not legal in texas
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 03:47:43 AM »

You did it?
It's working?
No more "3200" ?

applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause

The Wave Ecstatic / Top Award Dancing Party
coxwho1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »

yes i got it working even figured out how to set it to go to jp when you hit the cash out button now im going to figure out how to set it to go to to credit when you hit jp
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.