Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Summit 218335-2cmb
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summit 218335-2cmb  (Read 4724 times)
roupcat
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 22, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »

Need help, lights come on, handle won't work,  where can I find info on this machine?
roupcat

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »

It's an old electro-mechanical machine I think made by Bally. Anybody know about them? Scratch Head
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »

Summit was a conversion done for Bally. Try this site for the Summit stuff. I've done business with them in the past and they were very helpful.

http://www.hms-electronics.com/index.htm

roupcat

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

Thanks for the info. I've read his web site forward and backwards. Do you have his e-mail address? The serial number is 22753  Do you know what year it is?

Dan
CVslots

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 02:00:26 PM »

Sorry I can't find an email address for him Scratch Head. You can give him a call. If I remember right his name is Dick Hinkley.
You said the lights come on but the handle wont work. Do you have both the red and the yellow boards in the machine? The third board or blue handled board is not needed to operate the machine. If you have both boards try pulling both out and cleaning the contacts with an eraser. clean the reel plugs and the hopper plug also. The Summit is famous for dirty plugs. If it's not a connection issue the next culprit would be a bad board. It's usually the main board (the yellow handled one) that has problems.

Good luck

roupcat

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 01:10:50 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Both boards are in and I've cleaned all the connections. Fuses are good and I'm getting 6.3 volts at that fuse. Both red lights on the power supply come on. Candle works but not the other small bulbs. I can trip the handle but the reels won't stop. Is this machine worth repair? Scratch Head

Dan
CVslots

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »

Have you reset your machine? After resetting the machine are you getting any code in the win meter window? If so what code?
As far as is it worth anything- If you like the machine it's worth keeping.
 I keep a Summit around because it was my first machine.... and I use it to test boards.

roupcat

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 05:19:57 PM »

I have tried the reset and nothing happens. Meter shows a 0. HMS boards are spendy and I don't know which one I might need. I think I bought a dog. Do you have a manual?

Dan
klorvinborno

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 11:57:58 AM »

Dan if you're still working on this machine, when I got mine to the point of yours my issues were mechanical in nature within the reel assembly itself.  First they weren't spinning fast enough, the launcher arms needed  cleaning and oil.  Once the reels were spinning correctly the brakes needed oil and then the solenoids that trip the brakes needed cleaning (no oil on solenoids!).  I was also seating my reels wrong, leave the retaining clips in place and just place the reel down till it clicks in (I was lifting the retainers before seating so they sat on top...which screwed up the position). If my advice doesn't help then you probably have electric/electronic issues.  Could be the switches on the reel assembly or issues on the boards.  I was lucky and was able to correct most of my board issues with cleaning and re-seating chips.  Check the website for the diagnostics.  I'm guessing there is no email on the website since he charges for phone support.  Since the same guy probably wrote the info on the site I would guess the phone support is worth every penny, I was able to get a DOA game fully working with just the diagnostic info on the website:

http://www.hms-electronics.com/slot_machines/trouble_shooting.htm
roupcat

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I sold the machine for what I paid for it.($100).  wave
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.