Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:07:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  SIGMA Video Games.
| | |-+  Sigma UV 1700 Video Poker machine - needs service in Dallas area
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma UV 1700 Video Poker machine - needs service in Dallas area  (Read 8737 times)
HatchMan42
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:06 PM »

I recently purchased a Sigma UV 1700 Video Poker Jokers Wild Double Down machine from another user on this forum for my home game room.  However the machine is not working, not booting, and seems to have "blown a fuse".   I called the shop in Vegas and Joey told me to post on the forum for a local service repairman to the Dallas / Plano area of Texas that might be available to service the unit.  I can bring to you or it's sitting in my house if that is an option.  If you know of anyone qualified and ready for a challenge, please reply back here or thru my personal email at kevinhatchett@gmail.com.  Thanks!
cfh
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 113

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 08:37:50 PM »

These *usually* aren't too hard to fix. but need to know what it is doing.
For example, do you get a "beep" at boot up? also what is the LED
code on the CPU board (lower left corner) when it "stops"? or any other
information from the monitor screen would be helpful.
HatchMan42
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »

Initially the unit booted up and the display screen would appear, however the game would not play despite acceptance of Dollar bills in the validator with credit issue.  It would never allow you to utiilize the credits to play the game.
Now though, the unit is not booting, no display image and the generalized appearance of no power - Blown fuse perhaps?  Or maybe in my inspection of the various components today, I did not re-connect something appropriately???   

Hope that helps. 
cfh
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 113

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »

pull the logic (motherboard) out of the head. it just slides out.
comes out firmly. Notice the small RAM card, which is perpendicular
to the CPU board. there are two little release plastic levers.
Push down on these, then push the RAM card back into place,
and you should hear a "click" as it re-seats.

Now reinstall the CPU board. when you slide it in, push FIRMLY
into place. Reboot and see if things have changed, and
report back.

Assuming it boots, after it comes up i would turn the jackpot reset key,
and then open the front door. Assuming there are zero credits
on the game, you can do "setup" and change options.
i would check that in regard to it not playing credits.
HatchMan42
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:10:29 PM »

Okay I have done what cfh said and still no game playing ability.  Is there anyone that lives in or around the Dallas area that would be willing to come give it a repair shot?  I will pay top dollar - just want to get the game up and going and I am getting nowhere.   Thanks!

HatchMan42
paul
paul
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 11:58:48 PM »

When you turn on game do you get an orange or green lite at the bottom of the video screen
HatchMan42
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »

When I turn on the machine, the monitor comes on with a message that is 3 layered Red, BLue, and Green stripe that drops down the screen for 3 times then disappears.  When the message is showing, this is what it contains:

The Red area states: Monitor Self Test
The Blue area states: Your monitor is working correctly
The Green area states: Check computer power or monitor cable

Even when turning the reset key during start-up nothing changes, can not get into setup mode at all.  Any ideas?

Thanks so very much!

HatchMan42
paul
paul

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 04:39:50 PM »

Ok the first thing look at your game and ram and boot chips to make sure they are in right by kooing at pins and see they are across from one another all the way around  Then remove the video card and reset it then make sure your board is in tight  if that dont work pm me    Paul
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 01:54:03 AM »

Just wondering,but do you get any beeps ? Also,In the front of the board(that has the RAM and chips),what numbers,letters are you getting from when you first turn it on?

PS, As Paul said,check the chips...The top right of each chip is at an angle
paul
paul

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 10:45:12 AM »

Randy is there anything on paper that tells what the codes on the board mean          Thanks Paqul
Jeff
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »

Okay, this exact thing happened to me once before. My machine was working fine one day then the
next day I got the same color lines and messages across the screen. So here's what I found. Open the door,
and pull the hopper out, and in the back on the left hand side your going to see several wiring harnesses with
molex plugs. I believe the one that I found to be the culprit was a two wire plug (orange and green) where one of the pins in the
molex plug was reseated and not making a connection. Check all the molex plugs, and make sure none of the pins are reseated in the
molex plugs. Once I pushed the pin all the way back into the molex plug, and reconnected it, the problem was solved. I hope this helps.

Regards, Jeff
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16:56 PM »

Paul, I recall seeing something that CFH had with the different boot up codes ... I recalled where it was...

Sigma Boot Codes.
There's a two digit LED on the corner of the CPU board. I don't have the error code definitions, but I have managed to write down what a proper uv1700 does upon bootup:

c1 c6 c3 - real fast upon initial power on.
06 0d 0e 31 - then game beeps that familar PC boot sound.
31 - stays at this until memory test completes.
3d 6f 42 4e
52 60 62 ff - boot up complete, game should be running, stays at FF
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:58:34 PM by Randy0777 » Logged
paul
paul

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »

what is the no on bios chip is it 2.00
kidzstore
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 09:54:41 PM »

I have the the motherboard, and both serial boards. All new. If interested contact me. I am out of OKC. Also you can download a free manual on our website www.sigmagamingsystems.com    or  http://sigmagamingsystems.com/cybertec/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=156&products_id=232 choose DPX 80 install guide and sigma uv1700 both willhelp
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.