Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal Pacific Slot from AU "Invalid Game" error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal Pacific Slot from AU "Invalid Game" error  (Read 11488 times)
Homer
« on: September 05, 2009, 06:40:31 PM »

I'm working on what I think is an Universal Slot Machine, it has a 8600-A3F motherboard in it.  The name of the game is 10,000 and has 5 reels.  I believe it was made in the late 80's in Australia. 

The front display reads "Invalid Game        Meter Error"  Lights come on and there is a slight buzzing from the speaker. 

The Upper display that shows, "Coins, Win, and Collect as well as the Reserve, Call attendant lights"  does not come on at all. 

There is no automatic movement of the reels nor coin hopper, none of the reset, test buttons and switches seem to do anything.

The transformer is in the upper section of the machine and was converted from 240v to 120v by somebody cutting the power wire from the 240v terminal and soldering it to the 120v terminal. 

I did not do the modification and have never seen the machine work.

I was wondering if anybody has any manuals for this machine or ideas on what to test.

Any help would be appreciated.
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 07:36:53 PM »

Sorry, I don't know anything about Australian Uni's.
Your description sure sounds like a power supply problem.
Homer
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 06:35:46 AM »

Thank you. 

I'll have to put this project away for awhile then.  I don't have the space to tear it apart and test components. 

In the meantime though, if anybody has any manuals or schematics please let me know. 

I post my findings when I do get a chance to work on it.
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »

I have seen from time to time a Universal 5-reel manual on eBay. Someone in California sells them. Don't know if it is for the Australian version.
Just checked current and completed auctions and didn't find it. But it does reappear about every two months. Actually seen them sell a few too.
jet-6
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »

I have the exact same error with my machine, i have tried to buy that manual from the guy in the states, but he wont ship to OZ, anyone else have info where to start looking?
jet-6
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »

This is the machine i need help with, the part not powering up i am pointing at in the last picture:

jet-6
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 08:17:39 AM »

Ok, after trying the reset button and removing the main board and refitting it, i have now also lost the green LCD display below the reels

PLEASE HELP!
Homer
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »

Hey Jet-6, Your Double Happy is the same type as mine.  Did your machine work when you first got it?  Mine was not working when I bought it.
jet-6
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »

Hi Homer, no it does not work, what did you do to fix yours, it did have the "meter error" when i got it but me mucking about with it stopped that, it has no display at all now, i assume the chips or MPU has a major issue

Love to know what you did to fix yours or who you contacted
Homer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »

I haven't got mine to work yet.  Just got it moved to my garage to start working on it.

The guy i bought it from said it was paying out but didn't have enough coins in the hopper, it ran for awhile, don't know how long before he turned it off.  Then it didn't work after that.  I just comes up with the meter error. If he was telling me the truth.

I've been looking for information on what the key switches do, but no luck.   

You might want to look at the long connector in the back where the board slides into, those connections look kinda weak.  I've taken the board out and put it back in and my error display board still works.

next step is checking to see if the upper display is getting power.  Perhaps the switches need to be toggled in the right order to reset the meters.

jet-6
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »

I played with the switches when i had the meter error, i spoke to a mate thats used to fix TV's and hes telling me its most likely the "game" chip is dead on the MPU, when i tried the keys they did nothing

Are you in OZ, maybe i could send you my MPU to try in your machine to see if you get the same issues, ive got nothing to lose now
Homer
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 09:44:56 PM »

I live in the US.    Who was the guy who had the manual? and how much did he want for it?
jet-6
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »

He was a guy on ebay, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNIVERSAL-SLOT-MACHINE-OPERATION-PARTS-MANUAL-326page-/300518399236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f84add04

He wont answer question to OZ and wont post here, ill go you 1/2's in it if you scan and send me a copy
Homer
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 10:54:20 PM »

Thank you,  I will try to get the manual.  I'll let you know the outcome.
jet-6
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 11:24:49 PM »

Ok sweet as, cheers

Email is matt@thumpainc.com
Homer
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »

Here is a picture of my 8600 A3F MPU

* P2051372_resize.JPG (1068.85 KB, 1824x1368 - viewed 543 times.)
teejay91
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 02:22:38 AM »

Hey Homer and Jet 6.

Did you guys get your slot machines working or figure out the problem?

I have the exact same problem with the same machine and dont have a clue what to do.

If you have any information on how to fix the problem it would much appreciate.

Thanks

teejay
jet-6
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 02:43:13 AM »

Nothing sorry, tried everything, gave up in the end and sold it
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.