Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:12:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Jackpot bell for PE+ slant top video poker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jackpot bell for PE+ slant top video poker  (Read 5929 times)
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« on: September 06, 2009, 07:48:53 PM »

Hello all, I was just curious how difficult it would be to add a jackpot bell to my PE+ poker machine?
I saw the bell option in the self-test outputs screen.  Thanks everyone for your time!  Jim.....

P.S. My wife and I stopped by the NLG shop In Bullhead city while on vacation In Laughlin last Friday,
( Didnt think about the bell at that point Tongue Out)
Really nice people! If you get a chance, You should stop by!!  applause
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »

I guess I don't know for sure, but I'd assume that it's the same bell that the S+ used and that it shouldn't be too difficult to put in.  (Although, once you have it in, you'll probably hate it unless you pad it with a lot of stuff in the bell so it's not as loud.)

If you're interested in buying one, you may wish to post a "WTB" (want to buy) thread in the classifieds section and I'm sure one of the vendors who frequents the site will chime in if they have one.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Rep
Mr. 5 of a kind
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »

I added one to my upright PE+, it was quite easy. The connection would be in a different spot for a slant top obviously but it should be easy to install (and yes I padded it to keep the noise down lol)
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 12:24:40 AM »

Hello Rep! What exactly do you connect the bell to? Is there a special plug for it?  (as far as the bell noise, It would be fun to wake up the kids in the morning!!) Thanks!  Jim...?
I added one to my upright PE+, it was quite easy. The connection would be in a different spot for a slant top obviously but it should be easy to install (and yes I padded it to keep the noise down lol)
Rep
Mr. 5 of a kind
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:46:20 AM »

With mine there was another little plug that connected to the actual leads coming from the bell which then plugged into J14 on the motherboard (2 pin plug). Very easy install, I don't forsee it being much more difficult on a slant top. Just drop me a line if I can be of any help bud! Smiley
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

I'm not the seller nor do I know the seller, but I just saw this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IGT-S-PE-BALLY-JACKPOT-BELL-24v-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ110430978863QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b633032f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 03:09:19 PM »

Aww, come on! You know you're getting a 10ยข cut on that 99ยข item! (I'm kidding) bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:42:28 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »

Thats funny! I saw that too! Thats what started this whole thing! Tongue Out

Aww, come on! You know you're getting a 10¢ cut on that 99¢ item! (I'm kidding) bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
Tongue Out
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:42:38 PM by StatFreak » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 03:46:59 PM »

Well you can't go wrong for 99 cents... or can you? Take knagl's advice. You'll love it for the first two wins, then you'll put up with it for 10 more, and then you'll hate it. The only machine that I own with a working bell is a Bally EM JPO. I like it there because the machine has no other sounds and because hits are far and few between. I still have the bell stuffed with Kleenex to keep the noise level reasonable.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm sure the novelty wares off pretty fast!   Tongue Out  My wife just shakes her head,
"One more thing around here that makes noise"  frying pan The kids think it is a GREAT idea!  bust gut laughing
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 04:27:49 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm sure the novelty wares off pretty fast!   Tongue Out  My wife just shakes her head,
"One more thing around here that makes noise"  frying pan The kids think it is a GREAT idea!  bust gut laughing

Put the bell in their bedroom and wire it up long distance to the machine so that it rings when others are playing and they are in their rooms. They'll change their minds pretty quickly.  Angel-Devil (I'm so bad -- just ignore me. Tongue Out)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.