Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 04:21:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Turning the Jackpot Key
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turning the Jackpot Key  (Read 6593 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: September 25, 2009, 12:41:59 AM »

When I turn the key, is the machine supposed to do something, show anything in the display windows, or make a sound?  I put my key in, turn it, and nothing seems to happen.  Or if it does something, how can I tell?

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 02:07:24 AM »

check the wiring that goes to it.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 02:15:13 AM »

The Jackpot key when turned, takes the machine into its' "accounting mode".
If you know what SP you have in it and report back to us,
we might be able to help you identify what all the numbers mean.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 02:22:10 AM »

He has an "S" machine (not an S+) with an "RS" chip in it.  I'm not familiar with the "S" model, but it's certainly possible that it's not supposed to do anything...

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 02:25:26 AM »

Oh...sorry,
eddy wasn't specific as to what machine he had...
I thought it was an S+...

Disregard my previous post eddy...
It probably doesn't apply to your machine sir...
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 02:33:44 AM »

Wow!  A69mopar was right.  I think the hopper coming in and out must have pulled one of the wires out.  Reconnected, stuck the key in, turned, and it looks like there are 5 series of turns.

First turn shows 0001 in the Winner Paid window and 0661 in the credits window with 0 and 1 alternating in the coins played window.

Second turn shows 1 and 46 in the Winner Paid window nothing in the credits window and 2 in the coins played window.

Third turn shows 9999 in Winner Paid and in the credits window and a 9 in the coins played window

Fouth turn shows 06 in the Winner Paid window nothing in the credits window and a 3 in the coins played window.

Fifth turn shows 64 flashing in the Winner paid window nothing in the credits window and a 4 in the coins played window.

Next turn clicks and goes back to normal ready for play.

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 05:21:12 AM »

The chip label says:

SS105 Mech
RS3485
L91-0076

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 06:32:12 AM »

Ok, I downloaded the S/S+ manual.  I have dipswitches 1 and 2 on.  I have set the max payout from the hopper to 400 coins.  My partial payout was set to 0000, but per the manual it looks like it should also be the same value as what the hopper payout is set to, which again for me is 400 coins.

If I hit a jackpot of say 1000 coins, with the two settings above at 400 would I be paid 400 coins from the hopper and the remainder paid in credits?  Or would it just stop at the 400 coin payout and require a jackpot reset with the key assuming I'd pay the winner the other 600 coins by hand?  I didn't see a max credit option in the menus.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 06:42:34 AM »

No, any single win over 400 would be a hand pay.
Any win that takes credits over 400 if it was added to credits would be paid from hopper.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 06:47:15 AM »

Wow!  A69mopar was right.  I think the hopper coming in and out must have pulled one of the wires out.  Reconnected, stuck the key in, turned, and it looks like there are 5 series of turns.

First turn shows 0001 in the Winner Paid window and 0661 in the credits window with 0 and 1 alternating in the coins played window.

This should be the bookkeeping menu. The first value is almost certainly the total coin in (10,661). Press the spin reels button to advance through the rest of the values. It is most likely that the second number will be total coin out (less jackpot and other hand pays) and then total coins dropped. One of the values (probably the fifth) will be the number of games played, etc. but for your old S, I can't tell you the order of the meters with any certainty.

Second turn shows 1 and 46 in the Winner Paid window nothing in the credits window and 2 in the coins played window.

Most likely the first bit of data of your most recent spin. 46 indicates the virtual (NOT physical) stop position for the first reel. The next three presses of the Spin Reels button will bring up the virtual stop value of the second and third reels, and should finally indicate the win amount (if any) and the number of credits on the meter after the spin was completed.

Following that, each set of four presses should first spin the reels to the previous spin and bring up the virtual stop values and meter readings for that spin in the same manner. You will most likely not have more than the five most recent spins and may only have one or two spins.

Third turn shows 9999 in Winner Paid and in the credits window and a 9 in the coins played window

Most likely would show the bill validator history if you had one installed. You would again press the spin button to step through the values and it would probably not store more than the five most recent transactions.
It is also possible that these would be the progressive history meters. I'm not sure when it comes to the old S machines.

Fouth turn shows 06 in the Winner Paid window nothing in the credits window and a 3 in the coins played window.

?? Might be the service utility information meters. I don't really know. Try pressing the spin button and see if any of the values make sense. stir the pot / get cooking

Fifth turn shows 64 flashing in the Winner paid window nothing in the credits window and a 4 in the coins played window.

?? This might also be the progressive history. If you press the spin button and the number counts down from 64 to 1, then that's what it is, in which case screen 9 above would probably be the bill history. Again, I'm not sure with the S. The S+ has only 50 progressive memories so I'm really guessing here, as it doesn't really make sense for the older S to have 64.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:53:40 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 02:09:01 PM »

No, any single win over 400 would be a hand pay.
Any win that takes credits over 400 if it was added to credits would be paid from hopper.

So what should I have the settings at it if I want a 1000 coin jackpot to empty the hopper (400 coins) and hand pay the rest?  Should I just keep the max hopper payout at 400 and partial payout at 0000 or should I also keep partial payout at 400 as well?

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 02:19:08 PM »

I'm not sure but I'd try both settings and see what happens...
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 01:38:40 AM »

Set lock up at 400 then put partial pay setting to 400
For SP731
7 1 400 Hopper limit
7 2 400 Bill limit
8 1 400 Partial Pay
7 2 must be equal to or less than 7 1 if you set 7 2 higher it is reset by machine to 7 1 current value, either on door closure or going to the next setup page.
That will make any win over 400 pay 400 from hopper and hand pay lockup for the rest of the win. 
Now if you have the machine in credit mode then of course 400 would be paid to credits and rest handpay.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:47:57 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 04:23:55 AM »

Thanks Foster...that's how I have set it up.  Appreciate the help.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.