Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:44:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Game King - Bet one does not work
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game King - Bet one does not work  (Read 10349 times)
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« on: October 03, 2009, 09:14:55 PM »

I have been messing around with this machine for a few hours .. I'm tired which is making me to lazy to go read the manual .. So now I will ask all of you for some help.

I have changed the CPU board .. I/O boards.

In I/O test the button does light up. During game play the button does not light up.

Replaced switch with know working switch.

??
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 09:49:32 PM by OhioGaming » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »

If you have your machine set to like $5.00 per credit and you only have $4.00 credits on machine, bet one button will not light up, feed it some more money and see if it will work.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
OhioGaming

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »

It is a multi-denom set for 2, 5 and 10 cent and I put a hundred dollar bill in it.
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 11:49:07 PM »

Is there still a chance it could be in the wiring.  In the test don't you have the door open? and then when you close it its inop.
OhioGaming

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »

Game plays as it should with the door open or closed and the bet one does not light up or nor can it be used to bet one. Bulb and switch is good.

When I go into the I/O testing the door is open and the bulb does light.

I did not un-bundle the wiring harness and look at the wiring.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 01:05:38 AM »

In test you said the light worked, so wiring must be OK, replaced MPU, slight chance two of them bad, replaced bet one switch, are you 100% sure the wires were put back on the right terminals? Any chance someone switched the wires from the change ( service ) button to bet one button? I think the wires are long enough and the light doesn't come on untill button is pressed. I guess if you press service button and candel lights up I'm on wrong track.  How do you get the machine to play with the door open, bypass door optics?

OhioGaming

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 01:45:48 AM »

Everything I have changed is know working parts and when placed back in the original machine they came out of they operate correctly.

The wiring to each button is correct and I know that the power to bulb at least works. Candle light works when service button is pressed. Each individual light comes on for each I/O test which is also another verification that the button is wired correctly. Each button plays as it should.

Pull out the cherry switch and the machine will operate as if the door was closed.

The game is a 20 line game. So it will not let me bet one credit .. or even two or three or more. As far as I can tell there is something keeping it from allowing the bet one button to become active. I can use the touch screen to bet one without any problems.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 01:50:51 AM »

Very strange, can't wait to see what it is.?  Scratch Head

How about disconnecting the max bet switch. The only thing I can think that would hold out the bet one would be the max bet.
Of course I have absolutely no Game King experience.  no
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 02:19:01 AM »

Wait a minute...
you said it works during tests...
Is it possible that the multi-denomination or "Bet Credits" need to be set or enabled with a SET/KEY chip?

But the bloody thing works via touchscreen...I don't get it arrow
OhioGaming

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 02:39:33 AM »

Sorry for the confusion ..

The bet one button does light up during the I/O testing .. so the bulb is good. The switch can not be tested during the I/O test. The micro switch was switched with a know working one and I know when the button is pressed that it is depressing the switch.

When the game is in play mode, the bet one does not light up nor does it add a credit to play a line. All other buttons work as they should. The touch screen works as it should.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 03:10:52 AM »

It HAS to be in that line on the switch because the switch is known good.
However, the wire itself is not "known" good.
You have no choice but at the very least - check for continuity on that line from the switch to the plug going into the MPU.
Check the ground wire first...I'll betcha that's where it is... yes
You don't have to take the harness apart, all you need is the colors...
OhioGaming

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 03:17:58 AM »

Thanks Mark .. but I have color deficiency !! and I think that is what I will have to do also.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 03:30:08 AM »

Mark it lights up in test mode

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 04:40:57 AM »

Sorry for the confusion ..

The bet one button does light up during the I/O testing .. so the bulb is good. The switch can not be tested during the I/O test. The micro switch was switched with a know working one and I know when the button is pressed that it is depressing the switch.

When the game is in play mode, the bet one does not light up nor does it add a credit to play a line. All other buttons work as they should. The touch screen works as it should.

I guess that it's my turn to be confused. Is there no way to test the switch on the input test screen? I would think that even if they reserved the button to move through or exit the menu instead of registering the input, that the performance of that action, or the lack of it, would reveal the condition of the switch circuit. Scratch Head

Buzz, can you use one of your working machines to determine what the bet one switch is supposed to do when the machine is on the input test screen?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 06:08:32 AM »

It may be something in the software? What base and game chips are you using, also PXLF and CGF. Is it all eprom, or is it mixed eprom and SIMM? Maybe I have a psr for that setup? Maybe I have that software to try here?

I think if it is working in the I/O tests that means that the switch, wiring, and light bulb are working fine... I think it has to do with some software setting, or denomination, etc?? I think that some games or configs do not support bet one function. Does a bet one icon come up on the screen? If yes, does it work?

Just a thought and attempt to help.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 10:12:01 AM »

The switch can not be tested during the I/O test.

Are you sure your game doesn't have an input test to test the switch?  Mine does.

On mine, here's how I get to the test: Open the door, press the self-test button.  Select "Diagnostics", then "Inputs and Outputs Test", then "Front panel I/O test".  That screen will show all of the buttons (and then some), with zeros for "not pressed" and 1s for "pressed".  See if the Bet One button passes the test.  If it does, swing the door shut but keep the latch up (so the game doesn't see the door closing), then try the button again.  If it's still working, chances are it's a software issue.  (I had a weird issue on my PE+ that the "change" button would work if the door was open, but as it swung shut the wire got pinched and the button would stop working.)

What game are you running in there?

The fact that the light isn't coming on when you've established that it does indeed work points more to a software issue, but it would be nice to rule out the hardware issue (the switch) via the input test if you can.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
OhioGaming

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »

I have not gone back to look at the machine yet can answer some of the questions.

It uses both eprom and simm. The game is Spin Poker.

It was first set up for 5 cent denom and did not work. So I did a clear and during the set up I decided to change it out to multi denom.

The bet one does work with the touch screen.

I tried the door opening and closing and 20 places between open and closed to see if it was a wire being pinched at the door hinge but it did not make a difference.

When I was using the I/O test there was ICONS for the buttons and when activated it would light up the bulbs in those buttons .. I didn't even think about testing the button in the 0 and 1 screen. So that will be my first attempt this morning.

The game is Spin Poker.

UPDATE .. the switch does work in the I/O tests. Thanks knagl for pointing something out that I overlooked since I just blew by the 1/0 screen and went right to the bulb screen.

Software issue?

UPDATE AGAIN .. K+ for all that have responded with help and ideals.

LAST UPDATE .. I am going to assume that the software is causing the problem and let it go at that. Thanks again to everyone who posted.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:52:14 PM by OhioGaming » Logged
OhioGaming

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »

FYI ..

The game was in a single row Game King button deck and the game uses a double button row deck like the I Game Plus.

Thanks again for everyone thinking about what the cause could have been. Lesson learned.

Thanks,
Ken
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 12:00:29 AM »

So,
The double button row deck like the I Game Plus
is what was needed  to make the "Bet One Credit" button work?
OhioGaming

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »

On the I Game Plus the bet one is not needed since they are a multi line games with multi credits played per line. Since it was a type of poker game (20 Lines 5 Coin bet per line) in a Game King cabinet I just didn't think about it. Just call me SLOT-TARDED on this one since it took me about 10 hours for the light up stairs to come on and figure this out.

And once again thanks to all who replied.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 12:12:55 AM »

That's nothing...
When I first started working on S+'s..
I did a game change and installed the boards,reel glass, strips,
belly glass and award glass and peered around the corner
to watch the display lights for a 61-1 or something like that. 
Well, There's nothing on the display, cursing and mumbling to myself
I yanked everything back outta there and re-installed the chips,
bending a pin or 2, straightening them back out, putting all the stuff back in and
looking around the corner to see if the lights come on the display.
Nothing!!!! Arghhhh!
So, I started yanking out the plugs to the display and
swap displays and get it all back together...
but this time...
I actually uh,........turned on the power switch.... Tongue Out
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 12:27:45 AM »

Removed post to PM

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.