Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need help with Tournament Chip setup
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with Tournament Chip setup  (Read 5839 times)
jaeckleint
« on: September 14, 2009, 11:18:24 PM »

Have the SP1311 and ST042 chip installed and the game works normally. Bill validator and all setting good. I can't figure out how to get to the tourney settings Scratch Head. You are supposed to open door press self test switch and progress thru till you see a 5 to the left of the winner paid window. never happens Scratch Head Scratch Head. Need to set option 20 to 0n and then 21 thru 26...but can't get past normal self test pages. What an I doing wrong??? hissy fit

IGT s+ RWB 10 mhz board, no credits on machine and ram has been cleared. Normal game play works fine.
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:26:02 AM »

Press the self test once then press the bet 1 credit button till you get to the 5

* S-Plus Tournament Game Setup.pdf (18.67 KB - downloaded 321 times.)
jaeckleint
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 12:37:24 AM »

Opened door pressed button once...winner paid displayed 0...pressed bet one credit and nothing changes Scratch Head
Brianzz

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:22:12 AM »

First make sure you have 0 credits on the machine

Page 5 would be a reel strip test

Page 0 option 5 is your credit mode

You need to be in Page 0 option 20 to set up your tournament

This is what you should have
0  20  1

0  21  xxxx (start credits)

0  23  1

0  24  1

0  26  2

0  27  1

0  28  50

Then you move to 0  40 and set up your tournament time limits. I never used a time on mine, just played until the credits ran out

0  40  is your tournament time

0  41  is the break time

0  42  is the final tournament time

After all that is set up you exit out of the self test menus and close the door and hold down spin and turn the JP reset key to enter the tournament
jaeckleint
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:22:13 AM »

As stated above, will not show page 0 option 5.   no 5 ever shows in the winner paid window
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »

Ok, page 0 option 5 has nothing to do with tournament mode, so you have incorrect information regarding that part of the setup.  Brianzz procedure is the correct one, everything for tournament mode starts at page 0 option 20. Note that you can run the tournament mode in 3 modes:

1.  Credits only (play until credits run out) you set the initial credits to desired amount and the time limit to zero
2.  Time mode (play until time runs out) you set credits to zero and set the tiime llimit to the desired amount
3.  Credit and Time mode (play until one of the two end, whichever comes first) you set both initial credits and a time limit.

In time mode, you can select two periods, the start period (first half if you will), and halftime break, and then a final period.  Or you could just do one period and the set the other two to zero.

To get there, you press the reset button until you get the zero in the coins played window (probably need to press it twice).  You will get a zero in the coins played window and  a 2  on the winner paid window and either 0 or 1 on the credits window depending on your reel sound settings, then you TURN YOUR JACKPOT RESET KEY 'til it shows a 20 on the winner paid window and a 0 on the credits window then you press the spin reels button to turn the 0 to a 1, the turn the jackpot reset key again to go to the next page and so on to fill out all the necessary parameters for your tournament game as follows:

Tournament Option <0> [20]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option (game Type 14) is requested at the time the data chip is produced.  This option can be changed only if credits are not accumulated from a non-tournament game.  Enable {1} or disable {0} the tournament option.

Initial Credit <0> [21]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled.  Determines the initial number of credits given to a tournament player.  The maximum amount is 9999.

Autobet Selection <0> [23]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled.  Enable {1} or disable {0} the autobet option.  If the autobet option is enabled, the game automatically wagers the maximum allowable bet at the beginning of each game.

Autospin Selection <0> [24]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled.  Enable {1} or disable {0} the autospin option.  If the autospin option is enabled, the game automatically spins the reels when the maximum bet is reached.
Jackpot Lamp

Flash Time <0> [26]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled.  Options are:  flash 3 seconds after the top award is hit {0}, flash 15 seconds after the top award is hit {1}, flash while paying the top award {2}, or flash while paying any win {3}.

Time Display <0> [27]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled and the game play type is combined time limit and credit play.  Enables/disables the display of the tournament play time remaining.  Options are credits and time alternately displayed {0}, or only credits are displayed {1}.

Variable Credit Pay
Out Rate <0> [28]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled.  Determines the speed at which credits are awarded to the player.  The number of credits paid per second is shown in the Credits window.  The range is 0 to 200, in increments of 10.  If set to 0, the total win amount is paid at once rather than in increments.

Start Time Limit <0> [40]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled.  Determines the initial amount of time given to the player for the period prior to the break.  Press the self test button to select the digit appearing in the Credits window that is being changed, and press the Spin Reels player witch to modify the digit value.  The maximum time limit is 9959 (99 minutes, 59 seconds).

Pause Time Limit <0> [41]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled.  Determines the amount of time the tournament pauses for the break period.  Press the self test button to select the digit in the Credits window that is being changed, and press the Spin Reels button to modify the digit value.  The maximum time limit is 9959 (99 minutes, 59 seconds).

End Time Limit <0> [42]   This page is displayed only if the tournament option is enabled.  Determines the amount of time given to the player for the final tournament period following the break.  Press the self test button to select the digit in the Credits window that is being changed, and press the Spin Reels button to modify the digit value.  The maximum time limit is 9959 (99 minutes, 59 seconds).

After all the options are set and option 20 is set to 1, tournament game play can be started  by simultaneously pressing the Spin Reels button and turning the jackpot reset key.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:00:47 PM by rickhunter » Logged

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
jaeckleint
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »

Ok that sounds better...I have the offical IGT paper stating how to do this.. It has a typo Duh! Duh! everything matches above but is sayes press the test switch till you get a 5 not a 2 like it should say Duh!

S-Plus Tournament Game Setup
Field Service Quick Reference P/N 821-292-00
Entering Option Pages
Note: Make sure that there is no game in play, tilts or credits on the
machine before proceeding with the following steps.
1. Open the machine door.
2. Access the self test mode by pressing the Self Test switch.
Use the Self Test switch or the BetOne Credit switch to forward
through the self test pages to the option selection
pages. At the beginning of the option selection pages a 5
appears on the left side of theWinner Paid window, a range
of 0 to 2 appears on the right side, and a 0 appears in the
Coins Played window.
3. Use the Change or Jackpot Reset key switch and refer to the

8  beers..Late at night and the wrong instructions Scratch Head  no wonder I could not get it to work

Thanks all will try this when I get home tonight and let you know how it goes

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »

After "8 beers"...
I wouldn't be able to get anything to work either.... Tongue Out
jaeckleint
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

And 8 more after I gave up bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing yummy yummy
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »

That guide was probably written for an earlier version of the tournament SP prom that lacked the sound control from the setup pages.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
jaeckleint
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 01:58:26 PM »

published 6/20/1997   p/n 821-292-00

Thanks  Rick
Brianzz

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »

That setup guide is attached to one of my posts down through there and it is wrong, I should have told you to ignore the first steps of that guide.
jaeckleint
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 05:27:38 PM »

That's OK...I needed a reason to drink more beers last night Tongue Out Tongue Out rotflmao rotflmao and I am learning more and more each time I try something new with the help of you guys Hail Hail
jaeckleint
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »

OK new instructions work perfectly! Tournament mode success applause applause. Neat feature is auto bet and auto spin yes yes Machine will play all by itself Scratch Head Scratch Head. Now only if I could get a turn Tongue Out. Thankfully I only gave it 500 credits to play with. Now I have to get it out of auto play mode  Duh! Duh!. I think I can get this one done Tongue Out

Thank you all again K+ for all that helped  applause applause applause applause applause
Brianzz

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »

Woops forgot about that small detail when I told you to turn autobet and autospin on.. auto spin in option 24, just change it to 0. Auto bet makes it bet maximum coins no matter what button is pushed, spin or max bet. I leave that option on so I can just lean on the spin button
jaeckleint
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »

Fixed that after the first go round. Only been playing for 1 hour and my machine is now counting out my 10,000 coin RWB 7's jackpot applause applause. Damn I am glad i did not install that jackpot bell yet no no My wife would be killing me lightning bolt knockout knockout Been counting for 15 minutes so far...I think the neighbors would have been  over soon thinking there is a fire or something bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

All is working well and I  am having fun propeller propeller

Thanks
Brianzz

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 12:16:38 AM »

You can change your credit add speed too.. option 28. I think 200 is the slowest and 0 would be instant add. I kept mine at 50 to keep everyone busy and I liked to hear "How much is that?" about 200 times while it was adding the credits up.
jaeckleint
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 12:28:21 AM »

Yes, I need to set it up a little...at 40 right now...but damn it sounds good to hear it go that long for the first few times. yes yes Wife got home and played 3 turns and hit for 5000 coins  applause applause applause She is hooked now..she might give face book a break with the machine paying this good rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao Guess the next machine might get snuck in easier now Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.