Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:35:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Help getting started with a Mikohn Supreme setup...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help getting started with a Mikohn Supreme setup...  (Read 67496 times)
bigdog
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »

hope this works a pic out the book

* 2011-02-14_18-46-48_302.jpg (1704.8 KB, 3264x1840 - viewed 441 times.)
docrob
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2011, 06:33:07 PM »

Inherited a Mikohn Supreme double sided display (2x3) in a rotating can.  Was originally a mystery jackpot as per the can.  The numbers - jackpot amount - as I found it are showing properly throughout whole area of the displays, but the animation only shows on the top half of the 2x3 - effectively on top 1x3 on both displays.

Spent a couple of hours reading through different posts under the mikohn progressives topic but never found anything like this.

I think I have the right software and am fumbling through at the moment.

Anyone out there with an idea why I am having this problem?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »

Perhaps someone loaded 1x3 animations into the Supreme rather than 2x3?  Can you see the file name(s) of the animation(s) used?  The file names generally give a clue as to what size display they were designed for.

Also, if you can,  Please Post Pictures of your display -- I'd love to see it!   yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
docrob
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2011, 08:39:12 PM »

Seems like.  Will see if I can tell from files and post some pics tomorrow.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2011, 12:51:16 AM »

Can anyone confirm for me that I would use the same serial cable I use for connecting my ChamII+ to PSP (a cable with pins 2, 3, and 5 straight through, with 1 and 5 jumpered on the Mikohn end) with this Supreme?
Never did find this questioned answered. Can it?  Scratch Head
Manual says serial connection on Supreme (J8) is a sound output.
edski
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 123

« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2011, 09:01:31 AM »

Can anyone confirm for me that I would use the same serial cable I use for connecting my ChamII+ to PSP (a cable with pins 2, 3, and 5 straight through, with 1 and 5 jumpered on the Mikohn end) with this Supreme?
Never did find this questioned answered. Can it?  Scratch Head
Manual says serial connection on Supreme (J8) is a sound output.

Yes. Same cable, and J8 is the correct connection.

Ed

Spoiled Rotten Birds
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »

Agreed. I use the same cable for ChamII+ PSP programming as I use for Supreme Windows Download programming.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »

Thanks Knagl, and thanks again Poppo.  yes
Having trouble with this connection, always getting directory not found error.
Unit is a "Cycle Stealer" Supreme. Logic board was set to 2400 Baud, reset it to 9600. Address was 64, 64, reset that to 255, 64.
Ran the rebirth. Serial cable has pins #1 and #5 jumpered at logic board.
Anything else I'm missing?? How about Mfile? Does that need to be set to.....??

I'll recheck my cable with PSP on a standalone.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »

Looks like problem is computer. Cannot communicate with standalone. First try to upload gets standard error, second try locks up PSP. Using COM 1, anything else and PSP will not start as it sees no COM 1.

McCackie
such-is-life
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »

If in doubt about cable, computers and etc when setting up a Supreme first communicate with Windows Hyperlink.  Set up a session with 9600,8,1,n.  As the supreme powers up it transmits setup info which can be seen in Hyperlink.  Hyperlink is essential for management of a Supreme

Hit enter and the supreme responds, type in "Panel" and it will tell you its settings, enter "Setc1 1" and the C1 error is sppressed (and etc).  Very useful is "TYPE ERROR.LOG" in drive ":A", means a SUpreme can be set up away from the floor.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2011, 02:49:32 AM »

I think you mean Hyper TerminalSmiley

MFile doesn't need to be set to anything specific to communicate.  I would maybe stay away from 64 and 255 (and pick lower numbers for each of those IDs) since I think 255 will try to communicate to all Mikohn devices.  It may not cause an issue, but it couldn't hurt to pick a different group and ID.

McCackie
such-is-life
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2011, 09:25:51 PM »

Ooooooops, yes Hyper Terminal, the other is a product here I was chasing at the time for a mate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.