Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 10:34:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal Mustang 62 0 problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal Mustang 62 0 problem  (Read 6655 times)
Ohio Chad
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: October 26, 2009, 06:43:49 PM »

I have been following all the posts on this type of machine, and unfortunately no avail......   I have replaced the battery in the upper unit and on the MPU board (both old batteries were reading under 0.30 volts, tried the ram reset and the bonus game reset and still no luck.  Would the machines main power supply have an effect on the upper unit 5v power supply?  Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:29:55 PM »

Hi Chad, I can't help on your problem as I stick to IGT. But as soon as our resident expert on Universals (uniman) logs on he should have a comment or two.

<edit> Opps! One of our resident experts on Universals, uniman logs on. Duh!

Ron

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:22:24 PM by r273 » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:49:13 PM »

The upper 5 volt power supply is on its on.  has no interaction with the main supply.  these go out often, they are a switcher type power supply, the data should be on the one in there right now. You can find them from places like Mouser, etc.  most times the physical size is going to be different, so be aware of not only the electrical outputs but the physical dimensions as well.

If memory serves me correctly, there is a red led that is on to indicate 5vdc.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 11:51:32 PM »

Hi Chad, I can't help on your problem as I stick to IGT. But as soon as our resident expert on Universals (uniman) logs on he should have a comment or two.

<edit> Opps! One of our resident experts on Universals, uniman logs on. Duh!

Ron

Thanks Ron.
I've been on the road. Right now near Saint Louis MO.

Unfortunately I know very little about the Mustang.

Jim is the expert here!!
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 04:29:33 PM »

I also have a Universal Mustang, actually, I have 3 of them. One of my machines also is coming up with the 62 Error code. I also replaced the battery in the upper unit.  I did the ram clear with the button in the upper unit. That solved my problem..........for one day. The next time that I powered up the machine, there, once again, was the dreaded 62 code. So, I flip flopped parts from one of my other Mustang machines and isolated the problem (well sort of) to the smaller board in the top unit  (Board #SCB034A). I found that C16 capacitor (10V, 1000 ohm) was leaking badly. I also found that a diode (D2) is also bad. I am unable to identify this diode as far as a part# or value to date. The reading on this diode on the good board is .496mV checking the diode in one direction, and nothing, when checked in the opposite direction. The diode on the bad board checks .001mV when checked in either direction. The diode has axial connections and is like a ball shape, about 1/8" long and 3/32" in diameter. The color coding is green about 1/3 of the way down and the balance is white with red dashes around the circumference. The 250V 3 AMP fuse also has blown, which I have replaced. I don't have a schematic or parts list for this board, so I'm at a loss as to finding a replacement diode at this point. There may be other problems with my board, but this is what I have found so far. I am NOT an electronics expert, I just try to fix what I can. Maybe this will give you some sort of help with getting your machine running again. At least, it might be a starting point. If anyone has a parts list, and/or a schematic for the Mustang machine, particularly the ones for the upper unit, I sure would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks, and have a happy coin-op day!

* D2 Diode.JPG (40.2 KB, 640x480 - viewed 249 times.)

* SCB034A.JPG (38.38 KB, 640x480 - viewed 313 times.)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 07:07:21 PM »

that board you are attempting to repair is the +5vdc power supply for the upper unit logic board. the rating should be on the board, e.g. 5vdc@ X amps whereas the X is the current rating of the supply itself.

As to the components, the leaky capacitor : the two numbers are 10V= the rated working voltage of the capacitor, 1000= the actual capacitance of the item,and it is measured in FARADS not OHMS, OHMS are a measure of resistance. in this case, a 1000 micro farad,and usually the term is a 1000u/10.

the diode: it to is checked using a multimeter, set up on resistance, zero the meter, the green band indicates the cathode of the diode, and it also is a indicator when replacing one,the band has to be but back the same way (direction). depending on the polarity of your meter,if you put the black probe on the cathode and the red probe on the anode you should read the forward resistance of the diode, if you reverse the probes, you should not get a reading.that's because a diode only allows current in one direction. the reason you are reading resistance ( not mw) in both directions is the diode is shorted. (bad)  I would replace the power supply and move on!!!   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »

Thanks for the info Jim. I stand corrected on my terminology. I admit, I'm not an electronics person. Ok.......now, I have another dumb question......If the board that I have pictured, is a +5vdv power supply.........would a power supply from a computer be an acceptable replacement power supply???  Scratch Head
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »

I purchased a power supply close to the physical and electrical needs. I think I got it from Mouser Electronics.  as for the computer supply, probably would work, but I don't think you have the room or large enough wiring to support the current draw for a full computer supply. You could try it on a temporary basis and see if that will correct your problem, then get a supply that fits your need. If I recall a single output supply is not that expensive.  I do have the book for that machine, its just a matter of where I placed them and how much just is piled up around.

Jim

Ohio Chad
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »

I have ZERO voltage to my 5v power supply.  The light indicator does not even turn on, but I do have voltage going into the P.S.  I am in the search for a new 5V-6 amp P.S. 
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 11:55:31 PM »

here is a wiring diagram    Jim

* DSCF0136.JPG (320.76 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 346 times.)

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »

meaning of codes and  clear procedures   Jim

* DSCF0133.JPG (313.13 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 303 times.)

* DSCF0134.JPG (309.08 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 286 times.)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.