Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:16:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  Other Bill Validators.
| | |-+  Validator turns on, but does not accept bills......please HELP!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Validator turns on, but does not accept bills......please HELP!!!!!  (Read 14840 times)
Gabe85
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »

Hi everyone, I just bought my first slot machine yesterday! It's an IGT that takes quarters and bills. 3 coin / 3 reel / 1 payline. So as most of you probably already figured I am COMPLETELY new to all of this. I'll try to be as thorough as I can, if I miss something please let me know. I will also post photos as I am not very familiar with the machine yet so photos will probably show things better than I can explain them to you.

Well, here is my problem. When I switch the machine ON, all the lights come on, and the bill validator does its initial "whirring" sound as if it's resetting itself, it then stops. I close the machine, wait for the "Insert Coin" light to come on, but the bill acceptors yellow face plate does NOT light up. Now I went ahead and opened up the machine, took off the bill acceptor track, and opened up the validator (where you can see the sensors) and it starts spinning back and forth continuously until I close it again.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how to troubleshoot it, or maybe even to reset it to see if I can get it back on. Scratch Head The machine works perfectly fine, takes coins, spins smoothly, no issues whatsoever except the one with the bill validator.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Help
-Gabe

* Slot 3.JPG (26.06 KB, 476x357 - viewed 396 times.)

* Slot 4.JPG (26.49 KB, 466x354 - viewed 405 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »

Did you try a one dollar bill?
Can you get all the numbers from the DBV?

DBV means Dollar Bill Validator
Gabe85
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 03:56:37 PM »

Hi, thanks for answering back. Yes, I tried a regular one dollar bill. The bill acceptor wont even take it to reject it. The stickers on it say WBA-11 ID-023  V2.02-02
Hope this helps.

-Gabe

* Slot 2.JPG (23.2 KB, 474x348 - viewed 376 times.)
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 03:59:33 PM »

...but the bill acceptors yellow face plate does NOT light up.

Hello Gabe and welcome to NLG!

If the yellow light does not light up it generally means the DBV is not "enabled" and it will not accept bills or even try - unless both bulbs in the bezel are burnt out - but that is unlikely.

Two things must be set for a DBV to work - the denomination has to be set so the machine knows how many credits to give per 1 dollar and the DBV setting has to be enabled.  BOTH of these settings require a SET chip to change.  You can view these settings without a SET chip - that is where I would start....

Open the door, keep pressing the "self test" button unitl you see a "9" in the "Winner Paid" window - the "Credit" window will either have a 1 or 0 - "1" means that the dbv is enabled, a "0" means that it is disabled.

Now pressing the "self test" button unitl you see a "6" in the "Winner Paid" window - the "Credit" window should show what the current denomination is set to.

This sound right to everyone else??

Dan #2

* S+ DBV Check.jpg (44.69 KB, 500x324 - viewed 399 times.)

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »

...You can view these settings without a SET chip - that is where I would start....

Open the door, keep pressing the "self test" button unitl you see a "9" in the "Winner Paid" window - the "Credit" window will either have a 1 or 0 - "1" means that the dbv is enabled, a "0" means that it is disabled.

Now pressing the "self test" button unitl you see a "6" in the "Winner Paid" window - the "Credit" window should show what the current denomination is set to.

This sound right to everyone else??

Dan #2

Almost. However, to view the DBV status (set option 9):

1. Open the door and press the self-test button until you see either "2    {0|1}" or "5    {0|1|2}" in the Winner Paid/Credit windows and a "0" in the Coins Played window. This will usually require two or three presses of the test button; the number of presses and the initial display (of either 5 or 2) will depend on your SP (game) chip.

2. Turn the jackpot key until you see "9  [0|1]" in the Winner Paid & Credit windows. There will still be a "0" in the Coins Played window. As Dan said, a "1" in the Credit window indicates that the DBV is enabled, a "0" indicates that it is disabled.

Gabe85, it would also be a good idea to get your Game (SP) and Reel (SS) chip numbers, so:

3. Press the test button until you see a "4" in the Coins Played window. There should now be two sets of numbers flashing in the Winner Paid and Credit windows. Write these down and post back. Include any spaces and leading zeros.

4. Continue pressing the test button until you see a "6" in the Coins Played window. The Credit window will now display the denomination.

<ADD> I also suggest that you read "Rick's FAQs". You can get there by clicking on the blue "Rick's FAQ Files" button below the banner ads at the top of this, and every page. You can also click here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 06:14:59 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Gabe85
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »

Hey guys, sorry for getting back to you a little late. I was at work all day yesterday. So I tried pressing the "test" button next to the ON/OFF switch. But I did NOT get a 9 on the winner paid box at all. The following are all the codes that I did see, maybe it'll help you guys out. (Notice the tenth time I presses the button, the 3 and 0 were alternating in the winner paid box)

Self Test Button Pressed                        Winner Paid                   Credits                Coins Played
                 Once                                                                         0                             
                 Twice                                        63                                                           0
                 3 times                                   5   0                                                           0
                 4 times                                  10   1                                                          1
                 5 times                                  10                                                               2
                 6 times                                  50                                                                   
                 7 times                                  8888                          8888                          8
                 8 times                                  0001                          0000                          0
                 9 times                                    0                                                              3
               10 times                                  729(3/0)                     0731                         4
               11 times                                                                                                    5
               12 times                                  74  8                          70  0                         6
               13 times                                  0400                                                           7
               14 times                                                                   0300                          7
               15 times                                  0005                                                           8
               16 times                                       1                                                           9
               17 times                                    02                                                            1
               18 times                                  0   0                                                           0
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »

When you tap the white test button and get to the  "6"   in the coins played...  you should see the denomination of the game in the display (credit area) ... 5 or  10  or  25  or  100....  not sure what the  74  8 /   7  0   you showed are ???   

By chance,  do you have RAM Clr chip and  BV/Set Denom  Chip ?    When  in doubt  clear the Ram  and start over... OR... get a set denom chip and go thru the "procedures"... 

If your machine denom is not set.  The BV will not work (you will hear the BV start up and make noise) but it won't be "on"....the BV doesn't "know"  how many credits to give you for $1. 

However... The coin mech will work OK...  and machine will play and payout...
with no denom set... coins are just "generic"  tokens.  You put in 1 and it "pays"  out on a win...    4   of whatever...   If you follow this 'logic"..

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:42:05 PM by cp » Logged
Gabe85
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »

Hey CP, I just bought the slot machine 2 days ago. So I'm very new to all of this I'm not sure what a RAM Clr chip or  BV/Set Denom  Chip is. Is there a website where I can purchase these AND get instructions on how to apply them?

If this helps, I am using a SP731 game prom and a SS7293 reel prom.

-Gabe
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:54:55 PM by Gabe85 » Logged
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 04:56:43 PM »

Any of the vendors on the top of NLG  dealer listings will have these eproms...and usually tell you how to use them.   check Jim /  Blueridgeslots.   You can also search this site for S+ Ram clear and Set Denom...  as this has been discussed many times over. 
Gabe85
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »

Is there something else I can do to clear the ram? Or do I have to order the RAM Clear chip AND the BV/Set Denom  Chip?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 07:01:11 PM »

not really...unless some one close by will come over with their ram and set chips and do it for you.
Basically, if you want to do these things, you need to get yourself a set of chips.
They are not that expensive really...
some people sell them on fleabay too...but you may not get the right SET chip from them.
The best way is to ask our vendors on top...

or

Place an ad for these chips in the "Classified" section of NLG.
There are many vendors in that room willing to help out people just like you! yes
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 07:33:36 PM »

Hey guys, sorry for getting back to you a little late. I was at work all day yesterday. So I tried pressing the "test" button next to the ON/OFF switch. But I did NOT get a 9 on the winner paid box at all. The following are all the codes that I did see, maybe it'll help you guys out. (Notice the tenth time I presses the button, the 3 and 0 were alternating in the winner paid box)

Self Test Button Pressed                        Winner Paid                   Credits                Coins Played
                 Once                                                                         0                             
                 Twice                                        63                                                           0
                 3 times                                   5   0                                                         0
                 10 times                                  729(3/0)                     0731                         4

You didn't read my post. Read reply #4. You need to turn the jackpot key after the third press and move through the setup menu until you get to setup option 9.

The option 4 display indicates that your game chip is SP731 (very common). The other information that you posted is unclear. Is is possible that the Winner Paid was altering between "7293" and "   0"?  That would mean that your reel chip was SS7293, which is a 3cm Wild & Lucky/Cats 'N Dogs/Sugar & Spice with a payback of 90.982 (not that great for home use). If that is the case, you might also consider buying a higher-paying reel chip when you buy your set and clear chips.

Here is a link to the bible page that lists the reel chips for these games. I would recommend buying the highest paying chip that our vendors have available.

When you tap the white test button and get to the  "6"   in the coins played...  you should see the denomination of the game in the display (credit area) ... 5 or  10  or  25  or  100....  not sure what the  74  8 /   7  0   you showed are ???

I agree with cp. "74  8" / "7  0" don't make sense. If these are the data that you're seeing, the data may be corrupted. Scratch Head
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 07:50:19 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Gabe85
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 08:12:17 PM »

Hey StatFreak, I followed your instructions, and I verified that it was "9  0" so it IS disabled. And you were correct, the reel chip is "SS7293" and the game chip is "SP731"
And if the data is in fact corrupted what can I do to verify that?

-Gabe
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:20:15 PM by Gabe85 » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 08:29:59 PM »

Doing a clear will take care of any data corruption issues. Are you sure that the information that you posted for "screen" 6 was correct?

Since you've verified that you have SS7293, Your options for a better paying chip would be:

SS7208   98.020%
SS4934   97.412%
SS4935   95.005%

The 4935 is probably the best chip that our vendors have, but you might get lucky.

Gabe85
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 08:46:19 PM »

Yes, option 6 did show those numbers. But I went ahead and pressed the spin reel button, and it eventually went to a 5, if I keep pressing it, there is also 10/25/50/100/200/500/1000/2000/2500/5000/10000
StatFreak

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »

Yes, option 6 did show those numbers. But I went ahead and pressed the spin reel button, and it eventually went to a 5, if I keep pressing it, there is also 10/25/50/100/200/500/1000/2000/2500/5000/10000

Those are the denomination settings, ranging from 5¢  to $100. The reason that you can change them is because the DBV is disabled. Once the DBV is enabled, you will have to set the denomination with the set chip and option 6 will be locked. As it is now (with no DBV) the option really doesn't mean anything. It only affects the bookkeeping meter values, which most home users don't care about. When the DBV is turned on, the denomination setting will determine how many credits the machine gives for each dollar inserted into the acceptor.

Considering the long-term, I recommend getting a SET026 over a SET015 because the 026 is capable of setting a penny denomination. This won't do you any good with the SP731 because the lowest value allowed is 5¢, but you might want to change your SP chip to the SP1271 at some point, or you might end up with more machines, or more game kits & SP chips, or all of the above. There is no advantage to the SET015.

Remember that slot machines tend to multiply when left alone in the dark.  arrow Ask anyone here. frying pan bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

StatFreak

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 10:06:12 PM »

PS: I still don't know the meaning of "74  8" and "70  0", but at this point I doubt that there is anything wrong with the data. You should not need to do a clear. You will still want to buy both the set and clear chips, as they are both essential tools for any S+ owner, but you probably won't need the clear chip for a long time. Buy it and put it away.

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »

Gabe:     As you probably know by now, any time you apply power to the machine the bill acceptor will run thru two distinct cycles, one involves the cash can and the other the transport. Since you have a WBA series, the cash can has to be in place for this to happen. If it is removed the transport unit will do nothing, only the red leds will be on (visible on the right hand side of the transport). 

You can test all the bulbs using the denomination lamp socket,( it has power to it all the time), coin -in, coin accept, and the two for the yellow bill acceptor sign.

since you are using a SP-731 , when you get into a menu such as you did to check the status of the bill acceptor, you can use the service button (last on left) to scroll thru the menu,instead of having to use the jackpot reset key switch, makes it a Little easier.

That list you posted as to the condition of all settings etc.   if you use that you can test every function of your machine, its a very powerful tool  when trouble shooting a S+.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.