Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  If you were buying a Megatouch...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you were buying a Megatouch...  (Read 10154 times)
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« on: November 04, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »

What would you buy?

Isn't it just a PC with custom software?  Why can't one just be upgraded to another.

I'm thinking of either assembling one out of parts, or just buying one outright for use at home.

I know mame has a few emulated, but would rather get one that can be upgraded to current software.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »

price of older megas are in the  can  very cheap chip base under 50 bucks   , xl,s   under 100 max,s around 200  evo,s are still high 1000  up We bought a 2007.5  force last year for 600  in  nc  coin op auction   we love it Look for some of the bigger coin op auction you,ll  find a bunch there cheap      nc auction  has a min of a 100  each time  we went to balt md last weekend they had a 100+ there as low as 35 bucks
jeddybear
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:18:44 PM »

hey steve, where in baltimore was the auction? thanks
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »

right off 695 in  state fair grounds york rd
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1006

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 10:15:41 PM »

Rick
I would go with a JVL instead of the Merit
The merit uses a hard drive where the JVL uses Flash Cards and is a more stable platform

jeddybear
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 11:32:13 PM »

i have had 2 jvls, very dependable, you can see my post concerning the merit, still a nice machine.....thanks steve, never heard about it, any idea when they might do it again? thanks
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »

I been selling there last 6 yrs it,s every year last sat in oct    we sold 1 jap 4 igts there
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 02:30:19 AM »

I been selling there last 6 yrs it,s every year last sat in oct    we sold 1 jap 4 igts there

Considering that it's only once a year, are there other events in the area that you can recommend to jeddybear and other members in the area?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 03:40:26 AM »

I assume JVL has a different set of games?  Man these things are expensive, especially if you want an LCD one.  I'm thinking of giving one to my mother for Xmas since she enjoys playing all these "casual" games.  But at 1,000+ I might have to reconsider or wait another year.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1006

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »

Rick
I have a few JVl's and the best one so far is the Retro w/the 10 plus software. It has a nice lcd touchscreen and even looks nice when not turned on. They started at about $3800 but now you should find a new one for $2400 or less
I also have a Megatouch Ion with a lcd and the 2008.5 software and you can find these used for $2200
Merit charges about $400 to update their machines where the JVL's are almost free. I had to get a Merit cause the wife wanted some different games and they do have some nice games
Happy Wife=Happy Life

slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 11:47:02 AM »

Considering that it's only once a year, are there other events in the area that you can recommend to jeddybear and other members in the area?
We were from nj when we started going to md auction, we are from sw  va now it was 360 miles each way we ussally go to winston/ salem nc  auctions, Which used to run every other month but next one isn,t to feb 10 they messed up booking the hall ,Only reason we went to md was I had 2 slots sold before we got there  4 in auction  that  sold
jeddybear
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 10:04:49 PM »

hey steve, i just found out that there is another one at the fairgrounds on mar. 28, its a consumer electronics fleamarket, thought you might want to know...bob.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 11:36:04 PM »

Thanks maybe I can take some slots there
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 09:02:44 PM »

I assume JVL has a different set of games?  Man these things are expensive, especially if you want an LCD one.  I'm thinking of giving one to my mother for Xmas since she enjoys playing all these "casual" games.  But at 1,000+ I might have to reconsider or wait another year.

Rick ,
I have done extensive research on both the JVL & THE MERIT IN PAST FIVE YRS . DEALING DIRECTLY WITH JVL ON RETRO KITS I DEVELOPED ..

now cost wise is always a problem .. as others mentioned MERIT XL SERIES with the CRT TUBE  DBA OFF THE RIGHT SIDE
are priced reasonable on ebay .. The only thing that goes wrong with them for the most part (MERITS) of that time period
is the CD-ROM PLAYER craps out .. so replace it and off you go ..

you can buy a hardrive for it and run the hard drive that runs 25% faster as far as im concerned and spend 25.00 for a hardrive for a merit XL-6000 GAME . which is a great all around game .

you can update the xl up to TITANIUM BUT NEED CODEC KEY & EXTRA RAM  but my opinion the games are not as good on titanium .

As far as the JVL as bunnyslots stated . yes there sytem is far superior than merits since JVL CAME OUT WITH IT FIRST .

it still uses a cd-rom player combined with a flash card and you can run up to "I -TOUCH -8" SOFTWARE ON THE FACTORY
 -JP-10 MOTHER BOARD . PLUS UPDATED CODEC KEY AND REPLACE THE TWO RAM STICKS TO 128 MG RAM TO RUN I TOUCH 8 SOFTWARE .

THE only draw back on the JVL IS if your monitor dies .. JVL STOPPED USING BOTH 3-M & ELO TOUCH SCREENS WAY BACK ON "I -TOUCH -4 " so if you ran a desk top ELO TOUCH SCREEN THE JVL WILL NOT WORK !!

THEY NEVER INCLUDED DRIVERS AS MERIT DID
IN THERE SOFTWARE TO RECOGNIZE >>ELO << THE BETTER OF THE TWO TOUCH SCREENS ..

SO YOU ARE STUCK WITH 3-M FOR LIFE ON ANY JVL PAST A I TOUCH 3 . JP-10 BOARDS ON THE JVL ARE A GREAT BOARD BUT YOU NEED TO GO JP-20 TO GET PAST SOFTWARE 9-10 -11 NOW .

THE GAMES ON JVL??   ITS A TOSS UP ?? AS FAR AS EROTIC JVL WINS OVER MERIT !!
AS FAR AS SPORTS --TRIVIA ---ETC -THERE ABOUT EQUAL .

THE JVL 1  & 2 IF YOU LOOK IN MY PROFILE .I HAVE ABOUT 20-30 MACHINES IN MY PICTURES .. THEY JUST RUN A CD-ROM FOR CONCORDE 1  & CONCORDE 2 JVL'S

THE CABINETS ARE IDENTICAL IN SIZE ON JVL 1 & 2 &  PLUS WEIGHT &  RUN VGA MONITORS BACK IN 1997 -1998 WHICH WAS COOL .MERIT DID NOT ---

THE CONCORDE 2.    I WILL SEE IF I CAN MODIFY THIS POST LATER TO INCLUDE THE PDF FILE FOR CONCORDE 2 .
SO YOU SEE THE ENTIRE LIST OF GAMES ..

THAT IS A GREAT GAME HAS PILES OF GREAT GAMES --SOME NOT MADE ANYMORE BECAUSE OF VIOLENCE LOL

THE CONCORDE 1 IS JUST A OLD STANDARD TOUCH SCREEN GAME WITH 3-SETS OF U.S.A CD'S THAT CONFORM TO STATES THAT ALOW NUDITY OR PARTIAL NUDITY AND CERTAIN GAMES .

IF YOU CAN FIND A CONCORDE 2 WORKING IT HAS PILES OF GREAT GAMES EASY TO WORK ON AND FUN TO PLAY .

IF YOU CAN FIND A MERIT XL -6000 ITS THE EQUIVALENT OF THE ABOVE ..

WITHOUT DBV'S  THEY BOTH JVL & MERIT  SHOULD RUN 150-225.00 TOPS IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION.

ANY OTHER THINGS YOUR CURRIOS ABOUT GIVE A YELL ..

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 07:58:01 AM »

right off 695 in  state fair grounds york rd
   A few miles up 83 ...Timonium Fairgrounds
mike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »

hey guys i see your auctions there are very cool ,i in canada and in toronto most mega touch and bar tops go for 350.00 all the way to 600,00 and these are older machines,i bought 4 games last time i was there total bill was 950.00 all in/sold two now that paid for my two free ones i would like to up date my old concord ,it works fine but it props with a pin and i guess it ran out of time or something/ thanks
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 10:15:55 PM »

there was a auction in balt md last  sat we didn,t go but i know 1 guy that bought 30 games mostly megas as low as $35 2008.5 for175
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.