Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 02:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Want to quiet the reel stop noise made by the handle selenoid.........
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Want to quiet the reel stop noise made by the handle selenoid.........  (Read 12283 times)
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 402

« on: November 08, 2009, 12:36:37 AM »

Want to quiet the reel stop noise made by the handle selenoid in my s+ slot.

I would like to play this game without the loud clak, clak, clak at the end of the reel stops.

I don't have a psr for the game prom to know what the settings would be.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

The slot is a:

Crystal Fives
10 mhz
sp1148
st0032 - type 14 - the bible says same as - ss6274

Thanks,

slot monkey

Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 02:36:08 AM »

Want to quiet the reel stop noise made by the handle solenoid in my s+ slot.

I would like to play this game without the loud clak, clak, clak at the end of the reel stops.

I don't have a psr for the game prom to know what the settings would be.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

The slot is a:

Crystal Fives
10 mhz
sp1148
st0032 - type 14 - the bible says same as - ss6274

Thanks,

slot monkey

Not trying to be funny but have you considered just disconnecting the solenoid at least as a temporary fix?  stir the pot / get cooking Scratch Head

I had to do this while I had my S+ in a apartment as the clack, clack and clack drove the neighbors nuts but the other sounds didn't bother them  Scratch Head

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 03:50:23 AM »

I did thisto my S+. All I did was remove the solenoid from the handle assembly and krazy glue in some rubber shelf material where the solenoied hits the metal and wallah!, no more noise.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:27:39 AM »

In some S+'s, the reel stop sounds come from the coin divertor under the coin-in optics board.>>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCia3ugG2_w&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/JCia3ugG2_w&rel=0</a>

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 09:07:12 AM »

I don't have that PSR, either, but looking at ones in the general neighborhood of SP1148, there may be a page zero option to change the setting for the reel spin sounds.

Try pressing the self-test button twice.  Does that bring you to a menu of "0" and "2", with a value of either 0 or 1 selected?  Press the spin reels button to change the value of that option to either 1 or 0 (the opposite of what its set at), then press the self-test button again and close the door.  Does that make any difference?

Does anyone here have the PSR for SP1148?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Thor777

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »

I did thisto my S+. All I did was remove the solenoid from the handle assembly and krazy glue in some rubber shelf material where the solenoied hits the metal and wallah!, no more noise.

Hey, I never thought of that, I will have to give that a try so I can hook mine back up  propeller

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 02:06:42 PM »

See attached picture for an option to quite the reel stop noise.

* Handle.jpg (132.09 KB, 1024x562 - viewed 380 times.)
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 01:03:44 AM »

Thanks to all that replied,

Thor777:

A few days ago, I did disconnect the solenoid and got some kind of error when ever there was a winning combination, so I plugged it back in and started searchin the forum. I read here on the forum that the reel stop sound could be turned off through the settings but that was for a 16 mhz board.

reho33:

I will try the rubber trick if I can't get it through the settings.

Bunker:

I had seen your video before when I was researching the forum. I think I watched it like 5 times, just amazed how you had those slot parts spread all over the place and it was alive and kicking. Kinda looked like area 51 and a live alien audtopsey.........haha

knagl:

I cleared all the credits from the machine.

Pressed the self-test button twice.

Brings me up to "0" "0" in the winner paid window.

I changed to "1" "1" with the reset key, pressing the spin reels only toggled between the left and right 0's in the winner paid window.

I then pressed the self-test button and closed the door.

It did not make a difference.

I repeated the above process with "2" "2" also.

It did not make a difference.

OhioGaming:

Does this fix in your photo still allow the slot to be played with the pull of the handle?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:18:05 AM by slot monkey » Logged
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 01:10:53 AM »

Yes, but the handle is unlocked all the time, so you can pull it w/o dropping coins or playing credits.

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 01:16:27 AM »

I really like reho's rubber fix in reply #2...very smart dude! applause
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 01:54:41 AM »

Yep, I just took rubber shelving material and cut it into very small squares. Then I looked at the soleinoid to see where the metal hit metal. Then glued the rubber on with Krazy Glue. You still get the click but it is quieter now than before.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 01:47:52 PM »

slot monkey

you should me able to disconnect the solenoid and be done with it, it is strictly an output device, no way to report back to the cpu on any action taken by it.
why you would get error's doesn't make sense. its a ground placed on the solenoid when the computer tell it to activate it.  the only draw back to this , you cannot use the handle, if you ty-wrap it , as pictured, then you can use the handle, even without any credit.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 02:47:04 PM »

I just wanted the handle to lock each time and be quieter for authenticity. Yes, the soleinoid can be removed but you run the risk of having a poor soul pulling the handle and ending up with a face full of red white and blue  from the machine collapsing on him/her.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 03:19:32 PM »

You're supposed to bolt the machines to the stand... Tongue Out
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »

Well...........to be real authentic............yes.

Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 04:44:31 PM »

Cry Laughing I love it

but you run the risk of having a poor soul pulling the handle and ending up with a face full of red white and blue  from the machine collapsing on him/her.

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 04:51:56 PM »

On the S+ there is a DIP switch position 3. In the ON position, the reel spin music plays and the soleinoid clicks on and off. In the OFF position, the soleinoid is OFF and click stops sounds are provided by the board through the speaker, but you get no reel spin music.

dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »

On the S+ there is a DIP switch position 3. In the ON position, the reel spin music plays and the soleinoid clicks on and off. In the OFF position, the soleinoid is OFF and click stops sounds are provided by the board through the speaker, but you get no reel spin music.

That setting depends on SP Game chip used in the machine.   The newer SP Game chips ignore all the DIP settings....

We would need a PSR to verify - he said earlier that he has SP1148 in the machine - no one seems to have a PSR for that one....but I would be surprised if a SP with that high of a number used any of the DIP switches...

Dan #2
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:58:27 PM by dpalmi » Logged

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »

he said earlier that he has SP1148 is the machine - no one seems to have a PSR for that one....but I would be surprised if a SP with that high of a number used any of the DIP switches...

Agreed.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 10:37:47 PM »

The SP1309 PSR says 2 0 reel spin sounds only, and 2 1 is reel spin and stop sounds.
Actually 2 0 is no spin sounds and speaker stop sounds, 2 1 is reel spin sounds and solenoid clicks.

I believe this is the case with most of the higher numbered SP chips.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 01:53:35 AM »

Update from one quiet treehouse:

With everyone's help from this post, I got this slot machine to stop clackin'.  Hail This was my first time to do any settings changes, didn't get shocked and no smoke, so life is GOOD!  applause

What I did after reading all the replies:
No credits on machine, opened door, pressed the white test button 3 times, it came to this setting, 2 in winner paid window and 1 in credits window. I changed it to the suggested 2 0 and went to the end of the self test, closed the door. It's quiet as a mouse!

When I researched this on the forum last week, I did read about the dip switch setting on the board and tried it but as dpalmi and knagl pointed out that it didn't work because it was dissabled on this one.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and replies.

* 3press.jpg (27.62 KB, 640x480 - viewed 318 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 05:52:14 AM »

I was off by one "self test" button-press with my initial suggestion.  Sorry 'bout that.  Glad you got it figured out and set how you want it!  Congrats!   applause

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 01:26:39 PM »

Good job slot monkey!  applause

I knew you could do it!!! yes
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 11:25:15 PM »

The SP1309 PSR says 2 0 reel spin sounds only, and 2 1 is reel spin and stop sounds.
Actually 2 0 is no spin sounds and speaker stop sounds, 2 1 is reel spin sounds and solenoid clicks.

I believe this is the case with most of the higher numbered SP chips.

Agree with Post  I agree. The PSRs are misleading/incorrect.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.