Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 08:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Coin question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coin question  (Read 3176 times)
HOGCAT
« on: November 11, 2009, 06:59:33 PM »

My game is a 4th of July.  It seems to only take 2 quarters as max for playing, not giving any credits.  But you can put as much paper money as you want for credits.  My question is, why can I not put 3 or more quarters in and get credit as putting paper money in??  Or is it just the way the machine was designed??

GARY
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 07:10:54 PM »

Most machines don't work that way. If you play with coins, you can only start with what the max bet is. If you win credits, then you can play those off as needed or cash out. Ony pachislos allow you to put 50 credits in at a time due to Japanese gaming laws.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:08:48 PM »

Gary-

What you're describing is called "Montana Credits" in IGT speak.  It can be done on your Type 5 game -- you'd need to obtain a SP1137 chip as well as a SET086 to enable the bill validator.  Those can be purchased from some of the vendors listed at the top of the page, or by posting a "WTB" (want to buy) message in the classifieds section.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
HOGCAT
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:01:05 PM »

Gary-

What you're describing is called "Montana Credits" in IGT speak.  It can be done on your Type 5 game -- you'd need to obtain a SP1137 chip as well as a SET086 to enable the bill validator.  Those can be purchased from some of the vendors listed at the top of the page, or by posting a "WTB" (want to buy) message in the classifieds section.

The bill validator works fine storing credits.  I was wanting to put more than 2 quarters in at a time to store credits by putting coins in.  The most it will take is 2 quarters at a time.  It spits back anymore than 2.
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 09:52:18 PM »

The bill validator works fine storing credits.  I was wanting to put more than 2 quarters in at a time to store credits by putting coins in.  The most it will take is 2 quarters at a time.  It spits back anymore than 2.

Hello Gary!

That is what knagl is telling you how to do.  The first thing would be for you to verify what SP Game chip you have in your machine.  Follow the instructions at this link http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm and post back here what SP chip you have in your machine right now.  Then we can verify if you would need to buy a new chip to be able to do this...

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 10:44:12 PM »

OK he wanted the montana credits............I was going to suggest that before but the idea I got from the OP was that he wanted to just add credits by coin.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
HOGCAT
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:06:35 PM »

I had the SP932 game chip in it.  I now have the SP1271 game chip in it.  The reel chip is a SS4170  4th of JULY.  The machine is a S-PLUS. 2 coin 25 cent.

GARY
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 01:52:00 AM »

By reading the SP1137 PSR sheet,
I can verify that the SP1137 will work with the type 5 game and
SS4170 reel chip for Montana credits.
Purchase the corresponding SET086 to re-enable the bill acceptor too...

In other words, get the SP1137 with the SET086
and you can shove in all the quarters you want! Tongue Out
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.