Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:06:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Going to Command Center Today!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Going to Command Center Today!  (Read 10632 times)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« on: November 12, 2009, 11:16:29 AM »

Hey - I'm off to the command center today!   Can I just walk in? or do I need special credentials?  I heard the security is tighter than hoover dam.

Also who would I ask for? -  I'm hoping to sneek a few pictures before I go back home.  yes 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »

No credentials needed...
Just throw a brick through the front window...
I'm sure someone will come out and greet you! rotflmao

NO! DON'T DO THAT!!!! Tongue Out

Please tell Joey I said hi from NewYork and good luck with the new place!
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 08:16:36 PM »

Make sure they add your picture to the "10 most wanted Wall of Shame"... Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Thanks,
Bill
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:09:46 PM »

What a great day!   Got to see many NLG members--- What work you guys are doing for the move!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cvhAYQkcwqc&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cvhAYQkcwqc&rel=0</a>

* photo_1.jpg (141.28 KB, 800x600 - viewed 245 times.)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:11:06 PM »

A few more pics

* photo_2.jpg (112.62 KB, 800x600 - viewed 267 times.)

* photo 3.jpg (99.9 KB, 800x600 - viewed 262 times.)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 09:12:40 PM »

One more...  

I'm sure glad I went down to meet you guys.. and girls...   I think Odie will look GREAT on the roof.  Will draw a lot of people in too.

* photo 4.jpg (108.82 KB, 800x600 - viewed 261 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 05:53:31 AM »

I'm sorry that Wayne and I missed you. We might have even passed one another out on that desert highway; we headed out to Vegas about midday. (I looked for my car in your video but it must have been hidden behind a sagebrush or something. arrow  frying pan rotflmao rotflmao)  I hope to meet you the next time that you're out this way.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:36 PM »

Stat - I'm sorry I missed you too!   Everyone was so friendly and welcoming.  I wish I could have stayed and help with the move.

You know I was shocked that the price of gas was 50 cents a gallon cheaper in AZ.  It was like crossing over into New Jersey!

Also how to you keep track of the time?   Aren't people alway confused about the hour difference?
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 02:26:46 AM »

Stat - I'm sorry I missed you too!   Everyone was so friendly and welcoming.  I wish I could have stayed and help with the move.

You know I was shocked that the price of gas was 50 cents a gallon cheaper in AZ.  It was like crossing over into New Jersey!

Also how to you keep track of the time?   Aren't people alway confused about the hour difference?

It only applies less than half the year, since AZ doesn't "celebrate" daylight saving time -- they just HAVE to do things differently in AZ. Weird Eyes

Personally, I just leave my watch on NV time and show up late to Joeys!  Tongue Out Crazy bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 02:55:27 AM »

The first time my daughter and I went there, she couldn't figure it out. Scratch Head Scratch Head She thought her cell phone was broken, because the time would change depending on the cell phone tower the phone was associated to.  Crazy Crazy

I let her stew for a good long while before I explained it... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Thanks,
Bill
fiddlefarter
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 52

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »

G'day JD I'm glad I wasn't the only person that realized there was stuff all on that road  rotflmao when you see cars heading off the highway into the dust it makes you wonder where the hell they are going  Cactus
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »

Kinda sounds like some area "51" stuff- Crazy.  B.
StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 08:58:48 PM »

G'day JD I'm glad I wasn't the only person that realized there was stuff all on that road  rotflmao when you see cars heading off the highway into the dust it makes you wonder where the hell they are going  Cactus

What's really cool is that if you drive too far into the desert in any given direction, you're liable to get a free ride back to civilization, courtesy of the U.S. military... boss
...or in some cases, your relatives will just never really know what's become of you... censored muted muted
 bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »

bust gut laughing I was thinking the same thing... Tongue Out
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 09:25:52 PM »

What's really cool is that if you drive too far into the desert in any given direction, you're liable to get a free ride back to civilization, courtesy of the U.S. military... boss
...or in some cases, your relatives will just never really know what's become of you... censored muted muted

I remember heading out of Vegas to Death Valley one day in the Bimmer at about a buck fifty and got buzzed by a Warthog... Sure glad it wasn't an NHP aircraft!

Thanks,
Bill
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 12:00:27 AM »

I remember heading out of Vegas to Death Valley one day in the Bimmer at about a buck fifty and got buzzed by a Warthog... Sure glad it wasn't an NHP aircraft!

Bet your ass mooners you are lucky! Would have cost alot more than a buck fifty too!  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »

Bet your ass mooners you are lucky! Would have cost alot more than a buck fifty too!  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Cost? Cost???  wtf? wtf? wtf?

At that speed, they would have had me, not my wallet... Cactus  Spank Spank Spank

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 12:31:58 AM »

CH CaptainHappy

Cost? Cost???  wtf? wtf? wtf?

At that speed, they would have had me, not my wallet... Cactus  Spank Spank Spank

I knew someone that got pulled over speeding near that dollar amount. When the cop came up to the window he just held out his hands for the cuffs. He got lucky, though. It was out in the middle of nowhere (so the risk to life and limb was less severe) and the officer was more interested in the Hemi. Tongue Out He "got off" with a ticket that was written for just under the speed which required booking. I always figured that the officer just didn't feel like spending the rest of his shift driving back to town and sitting in the station. Duh!

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 01:29:10 AM »

The worst I ever got popped at was at 130+ in Central California! Duh! frying pan bawling hissy fit Duh! I was expecting jail run for sure! Once the officer saw that the aluminum cans barely visible on the passenger seat were just Diet 7ups and we discussed things a little he gave me a real break! There was an awesome sunset, no cars around, and I was somewhat out of it mentally as I was "rushing" to go see my Dad after emergency open heart surgery. He made me promise to set the cruise control at a reasonable spead, and reminded me that it would be worse for my Dad if I never made it! Then the nice "Jerk" wrote me a ticket for 95+!  bawling bawling bawling OK, it was much better than the bracelets, and free ride directly to jail without collecting $200! Also he mentioned that the 130+ fine alone was over $1500!!!  Duh! Duh! arrow arrow wave Crazy

CH CaptainHappy

P.S. I was a little impressed when he told me how long it took him to catch up to me! Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »

I've been pulled over (a long time ago) at that speed on one of my bikes, and it was a "Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200" situation.  frying pan

The officer who lit me up initially thought I was a runner, but then I passed one stopped on the shoulder with his lights on  ttth and I immediately pulled over when I saw him.  yes

The second cop rolled up behind me and I already had the bike off, keys on the seat, and my helmet off, so he didn't pull the hogleg on me.  police

When the first officer arrived on scene, the second one and I were just shooting the breeze talking about the bike, turns out he rode also. cheers

Officer 1 came up all huffing and puffing about evading arrest, and I explained to him that I never saw him hit the lights, and the gap between him and I only got larger until I pulled over when I saw the stopped unit with the lights on. The second cop told him I pulled over immediately, but he was still a little bothered, so took me downtown and wrote me a ticket for 99 mph just to make a point. frying pan

The first cop told me I had to walk back to my bike (we're talking probably 15 miles away on I5), but I got a block away from the station and cop #2 rolled up and gave me a ride. He said he had a feeling cop #1 was going to make me walk... Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

That one cost me $850, and it was back in the early 90s. bawling bawling bawling I'd hate to imagine what it would cost nowadays!

Thanks,
Bill
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 04:37:42 AM »

Mine was a long time ago as well, so I will have to see if I can remember what the fine was... Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head I want to think that I was able to talk my way into traffic school, but that may just be a happy memory stir the pot / get cooking that is suppressing the bad memory???  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

I do recal that the court clerk said that the added plus sign after the 95 made a big difference, she laughed when I asked if she could ignore it, or let me into traffic school!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

I love suppressed memories!

CH CaptainHappy

fiddlefarter
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 52

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 09:39:09 AM »

I was lucky the foreign accent and the low cut top kept me out of trouble while I was there  Jeannie
StatFreak

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »

I was lucky the foreign accent and the low cut top kept me out of trouble while I was there  Jeannie

You could always tell the officer that you thought that you were traveling 110 Km/h, which would be legal on some highways, but still speeding on the road from Vegas to Laughlin, although just barely. Of course, how barely might depend on the height of your low cut top and the thickness of your accent.  arrow Weird Eyes  frying pan frying pan
Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.