Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  odd p/e poker problem, eeprom data bad on one ur & not on another with same pcb
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: odd p/e poker problem, eeprom data bad on one ur & not on another with same pcb  (Read 4672 times)
r5g
« on: November 14, 2009, 04:05:07 AM »

im no expert on poker games, but i thought i knew enough to get this game going, but maybe not
i have a existing working p/e 89 yr model with superboard and multi game, its working fully
i just got a 90 model pe poker with superboard and multi game, it comes on with eeprom data bad, i did the white button clear and j pot reset, no go, i  tried multiple times, the buttons work as it says verifing memory, ect but then just goes back to call attendant screen, then eeprom data bad comes back on as well.
so then i take the known working board from my other game and install it in the new game and i get the same eeprom error and unable to clear it,
when this board is reinstalled in original working game it comes on fine,
what am i doing wrong and or what is going on here?
all fuses have been checked on new cab and they are ok although i have not checked power out put from x former or?
i am thinking now something is wrong in the new cabinet but i dont know what do you guys have some suggestions what to check?
coins or metal stuck behind hardware or pcb backs?  wire harness probs?
thanx
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:24:45 AM by r5g » Logged
Rep
Mr. 5 of a kind
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:29:36 AM »

Did you swap motherboards between the 2 machines? Or just the superboards? I had eeprom errors on my PE+ and it was the eprom on the motherboard itself. I replaced it on the old board and I had another on the way already and both were fine. See if the eprom on the motherboard has been replaced already and had a socket installed so you can just remove it. If not you'll have to desolder it and while it's out you're better off soldering a socket in it's place for easy replacement down the line (assuming this is indeed the problem). Just an idea for ya. Keep us posted!
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:42:02 AM »

+1 for the eeprom on the mobo

Thanks,
Bill
r5g
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 06:57:12 AM »

i thought that the main board had everything on it, ?
is there another pcb in there somewhere?
i changed the whole board between the 2 games not just the super board or roms
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:03:26 AM »

The removable MPU board that you've been removing and inserting plugs into the only other circuit board in the machine -- the motherboard.  The motherboard contains an EEPROM (notice the two "E"s) that keeps lifetime play data even if the MPU board is changed out.

I had a very similar problem with my machine, and finally came to the conclusion that the EEPROM on my motherboard may have a bad solder joint, as I seemed to randomly get EEPROM errors when I changed boards, but then later boards that were giving me EEPROM errors would work perfectly.

Make sure you're using a known good MPU board to help eliminate any confusion in the troubleshooting process, and then try not to bang the machine around too much when you put the new board in.  It's normal to get some errors when you change games -- please post the EXACT, WORD-FOR-WORD text of the error message you're encountering (pictures are great, too!) and we can help get you up and running.

Edited to add: Okay, I mis-read your original post -- you're saying that you're always getting an EEPROM error on the new machine no matter what?  Then yes, it's very, very likely the EEPROM chip that is on the motherboard (the board that your removable MPU board plugs into).  What I described above more applied to a machine that was sometimes working and sometimes giving you an EEPROM error.

Is the error "Call Attendant - EEPROM DEVICE" or "Call Attendant - EEPROM DATA"?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
r5g
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

call attendant
eeprom data

is what is always goes back to saying
although sometimes after it tries to start the game, it may just go to saying call attendant, then when door is opened it also would then also say eeprom data
the door optics are working ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.