Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:08:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Need help identifying an IGT Poker machine.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help identifying an IGT Poker machine.  (Read 6120 times)
Hemiman426
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: November 14, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »

Hello everyone,

I’m going to look at a video poker machine this morning. The guy selling it know less then I know about poker machines. He claims that it’s an IGT Model #B1070D with a Serial # 199179. I can’t find any information on this model.

The machine lights up but has a error message of “Progressive Link Down. Please call attendant”

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
slots of fun
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

WAS A MEMBER BEFOR WAS LOST IN THE MOVE

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 01:03:34 PM »

I have 2 PE poker machines the model # 1070c should be the same i think .  Please Post Pictures  Thanks Ron........... (SLOTS OF FUN)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »

In the PE+ (and I'm guessing the PE?), there's configuration in the menu system for progressive awards.  If they're set to "yes" or a level "1, 2, etc." and there's no controller, you'll get that error message.  If you page through the menu and see one of them enabled, that's the issue.  If you're haggling price with the person, I wouldn't fix it in front of him (after all, a working machine is worth more than one that isn't).

Screens from the PE+:

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Hemiman426
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 07:12:39 PM »

Guys,

Thanks for the replies and screen caps. So I met up with the guys selling the machine and powered it up and looked it over. As you can see from the attached photos, it’s a very clean machine. So I offered the guys $150.00 and he grabbed the cash.

I got the machine home fired it up and went through the configuration screens, found the progressive jackpots and turned them off and set the communication link to None and it fired right up. The only snag is when I tried to put a quarter in it just fall through to the cash tray. I tried to clean the coin comparator with some light air pressure, still no go. So I swapped the coin comparator out with a known working one from another machine (IGT PE+) and it worked like a champ.

So now I need a coin comparator. Where’s a good place to get a used coin comparator?

Thanks for the quick help.

P.S. I'm guessing that this is a PE+ cause the Main Board is on the side?

Mike

* Front.jpg (60.56 KB, 450x600 - viewed 225 times.)

* ID_Plackard.jpg (84.04 KB, 800x600 - viewed 227 times.)
Hemiman426
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »

more

* Inside_1.jpg (108.6 KB, 800x600 - viewed 229 times.)
Hemiman426
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:13:38 PM »

more

* Inside_2.jpg (109.81 KB, 800x600 - viewed 223 times.)

* Inside_Door.jpg (95.23 KB, 800x600 - viewed 233 times.)
theDotster
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 219

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 07:17:10 PM »

Great buy, I'm sure one of the vendors listed at the top of the page will be able to help you with the comparitor.

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my machines for how much I told her they cost.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 08:15:01 PM »

Great buy, I'm sure one of the vendors listed at the top of the page will be able to help you with the comparitor.
Agree with Post with a small modification, I think it was a steal! Plus it looks like it is in great condition! applause applause

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 09:16:21 PM »

As you can see from the attached photos, it's a very clean machine. So I offered the guys $150.00 and he grabbed the cash.

Congratulations

...on your purchase!  That's a great looking game (so clean!) for a great price!  Nice job!

I got the machine home fired it up and went through the configuration screens, found the progressive jackpots and turned them off and set the communication link to None and it fired right up.

Bwahahaha.  That's awesome.  Glad it was as simple as that.

P.S. I'm guessing that this is a PE+ cause the Main Board is on the side?

You know, I don't know for sure.  I guess I don't know what the difference was between the PE and the PE+, to be honest.  I know if that had an embedded bill validator that it would be a PE+ (as they didn't make any PE's with imbedded validators).  My PE+ is from 1992 (although it's a bartop with a non-imbedded validator).  It's stamped as "PE+" on the IGT tag.

To anyone: did the PE's use a different MPU board?

Mike- Would you be willing to snap a picture of the MPU board?  (Make sure to power the machine down first, then remove the hopper and lift the board straight up from its handle until it's loose, then towards where the hopper was and then out of the machine.)  If it is a PE+, you could upgrade to a superboard (if it doesn't already have one) and do a 5-in-1 multi-game with it.  Also, if you wanted to, you should be able to add an external side-mount bill validator.

As the others said, contact any of the vendors (Jim at Blueridge, April at Lemans, or any of the others) and they'll get you the comparator that you need.  You could also post a "WTB" ("want to buy") message in the classifieds forum and someone will chime in to help you.

Congrats again on what looks like a great purchase.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Rep
Mr. 5 of a kind
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 03:08:49 AM »

Looks like a PE+ to me from the shot of the screen. I believe the graphics were SLIGHTLY different on non + machines. The original PE I do believe used a different MPU board, not 100% sure but pretty sure. Getting a new comparator for it shouldn't be an issue as knagl mentioned. Great deal on a great machine! Congrats! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.