Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:37:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Help please with jackpot reset and machine model
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help please with jackpot reset and machine model  (Read 4998 times)
halestrm
« on: November 21, 2009, 06:31:33 PM »

Our new house came with a IGT dble dble bonus poker machine but no manual.  Has a key to open slant lid to empty hopper, key for bill intake, key for very bottom of machine and one next to 3 each 6 digit counters.  1st marked in, 3rd marked drop.  S/N is 172611. 

Max credits allowed is 1400 then it starts to payout.  Never thought this would be an issue but hubby got RF worth 4K.  He decided to double up vs feeding coins into hopper to pay out.  Dealer got a 2 so now he was at 8K.  dble up again and dealer again got a 2.  At 16K machine is playing music and asking for attendant.  Only way to stop the VERY LOUD music is to open slant lid like we are emptying hopper. 

I keep reading about the jackpot reset key.  What does it look like and where do I put it in to turn it?  PLEASE HELP!  The noise when I close the machine is going to drive me insane. 

Tried to post this with pics but got an error message.  Tried to post without one pic and said it was dup post. 

THX in adv.
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 06:39:08 PM »

It should be the key next to the counters. Just turn the key, and it should reset
halestrm
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »

How stupid do I feel.  THX, that worked!  Silence is fab.

Anyone know what model I have it is a slant machine.  I am looking to buy a manual so I can figure out how to change some of the settings.

THX again.
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »

I am looking for one for my slant top as well.  I have one for an upright model

* DCP03669.JPG (211.82 KB, 864x1152 - viewed 267 times.)
halestrm
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:03:56 PM »

Mine looks like yours but without the vinyl.  Someone said it was a PE+ he thinks.  Decided to wait until someone knew.
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 07:10:53 PM »

Yes it is a Players Edge plus, We have a lot of fun with ours!
Keeps the kids off the play station game  Tongue Out
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:39:10 PM »

Welcome to the site, halestrm.  You've found a great resource for information about your machine.

Let's start by helping you get your volume adjusted so it's not insanely loud.

First, you'll need to locate the volume adjustment wheel.  It's a small blue wheel that will be sticking out of a silver metal enclosure.  That enclosure is the tray that holds the MPU board (Main Processor Unit) -- it's more or less the brains of your machine.  Never insert or remove the MPU board when the machine's power is on.  In addition, it is not necessary to remove the board to adjust the volume.

My model of machine is a slightly different configuration, however the size of the board and the location of the volume adjustment on the board will be in the same place:

Right near the board should be a small white "Self Test" button.  That's typically located right near the power switch inside the machine.  Every time you press the white Self Test button you'll be brought through menus of settings -- don't adjust any of them just yet until you know what you're doing.  However, we're going to use the menu system to help adjust the volume.

With the door open (obviously), press the white "self test" button a few times until you get to the menu screen for "SET SOUND OPTION" for Music or Tones.  Turn the jackpot reset key (the small keyswitch next to the counters) once or twice to get it to "music" and the machine will play a sample tune.  Adjust the volume while it's playing the sample tune to the volume level you want.  Turn the jackpot reset key as needed to get the machine to keep playing music until you get it just right.  You'll likely want to leave it on the "music" setting when you're done.  Once you've gotten the volume as you want it, simply close the main door.  The machine will reset to its "ready to play" state.

You can adjust the maximum number of credits the machine will hold, but you can't do that while there are credits on the machine.  You'll need to either play off the credits on the game or cash them out, then you can make the adjustment through the Self Test menu pages.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
halestrm
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »

WOW! Turned down the vol and can finally smile.  It was tough listening to the poker machine while trying to recon. our business checking accounts.  Thanks!  Once I have the credits to 0 (we are at 1233) I will post a q on upping the limit.

THX ALL!  I am thrilled for the help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.