Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:11:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Backlit lights not working just dim ((FIXED))
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Backlit lights not working just dim ((FIXED))  (Read 15984 times)
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: November 22, 2009, 06:12:59 AM »

Hi,
I have a S2000 Triple Lucky 7s and the backlit lights are not working. They are dim but do not work during play. I did a self test and they just stayed dim with no change of brightness. I waited and gave up on time on the test, maybe I should wait more before pausing and moving on. Will the test stop or is it input stop? Oh well any info on getting these working would be of great help. I have used this site many times so I guess I need to donate and thank you all for helping.
Scott
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:16:42 PM by SK8US » Logged
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:28:23 AM »

Scott,

I had a similar problem mentioned here:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5176.0

In my case I have now diagnosed the problem as being a defective or dieing Backlit Reel Controller board. I swapped out the controller in my machine with a borrowed one, and the lights lit up bright as day when they should! It is located in a metal shrouded mounting plate on the back wall on the right side of the cabinet behind the Bill Validator slightly under the Reel Shelf. You may need to swap this board if you have a spare? There were some on ebay for a great price from LA slots before.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/IGT-S2000-Back-lit-reel-kit-complete-for-upright-mach_W0QQitemZ260506013736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca75e5028

Still there.

In my case my problem is that I still need a 5 Reel Backlit Contoller Board as my machine is a 3 reel plus bonus reel style! By the way, I am still looking for one if anyone has an extra one please PM me. Can use either LED style or Standard style! yes yes yes

Also if anyone is familiar with this problem and has a documented solution for a board/component level fix that has worked for you, that would be great!!! hyper hyper hyper

I hope that this helps you some?

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »

Just thought of something else as well....

Not all Base chips are compatible with backlighting!!!

Do you know what Base (SB) and Game (GME) chips that you are using? Maybe someone can confirm if they are compatible for you?

Also, I assume that you have the proper backlit strips with the black backing and translucent symbols for the light to shine through?

Sorry, but have to ask some of the basic questions just in case!

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 01:58:07 PM »

Yes I have the proper strips and I will check the game chips and repost.
Thanks,
Scott
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 02:20:52 PM »

Scott,  Is this a back-lit kit you installed,  Or was it already installed in the game.  Second if already installed has it worked in the past-?.  Do you have the i/o cable going from cabinet i/o card to back-lit controller in place.  Thanks B.
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 03:11:20 PM »

I just bought this machine and they said it did work. The lights are constantly dim even during play and after play. There are three conection plugs going into the backlit board. I do believe the backlit reels came with the slot new.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 03:44:22 PM »

In my case I have now diagnosed the problem as being a defective or dieing Backlit Reel Controller board.

99% this is the problem.

Not all Base chips are compatible with backlighting!!!

If it is the proper SB, that is to say it plays and pays correctly, that game theme does support Backlit reels.

If someone sold you the machine stating that the back lit reels were working, then I would suggest requesting a replacment controller board.  Purchaed alone, the market price on this item is $50.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 03:47:19 PM »

Scott,  I was going to reply but jim beat me to the post- arrow.  Pretty much what I was going to say as well.  Just make sure all connections are seated in good esp the i/o as those can jiggle loose in transport etc.. B.
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »

Are these the right chips?
U19 5g000362
U46 5g000362
U44 Vs011gx1

stepper base SB100010

Thanks,
 Scott
I'll try a new board.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »

Is this a 3 Reel, 2 or 3 credit multiplier machine ?  Your problem might actually be the SB chip.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »

The SB100010 is actually for a Triple Red Hot 7's, 2CM game theme, but probably should make no difference and guessing these 2 machine types pay and play the same.

dansgames
Contributing Gold NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 240

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 04:23:03 PM »

Had A problem like this some time ago, swapped  controller, harness only to find out my center bulbs were just burned out  Duh! something simple but over looked. Try taking a bulb out of the bottom or top strip and put in the center.

Goodluck  dansgames  arrow
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 04:25:43 PM »

Had A problem like this some time ago, swapped  controller, harness only to find out my center bulbs were just burned out   something simple but over looked. Try taking a bulb out of the bottom or top strip and put in the center
bust gut laughing LMAO....I did exactly the same thing....you know Dan sometimes you just have to learn things the hard way.  He is reporting that he sees them dimmed though in this case so may not be the issue.

SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »

Yes the lights are constantly dim, the same when playing or test. One question? How long does the test take? When I go to test mode I start the test and never finishes I always pause - stop after no change from start. My guess the lights should be flashing during test? Does it need to finish by its self or does it let the person to stop the test?
Thanks,
 Scott
Do all lights need to be on to work or if one is burned out it keeps it from working at all?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 05:02:21 PM »

Yes the lights are constantly dim, the same when playing or test. One question? How long does the test take? When I go to test mode I start the test and never finishes I always pause - stop after no change from start. My guess the lights should be flashing during test? Does it need to finish by its self or does it let the person to stop the test?
Thanks,
 Scott
Do all lights need to be on to work or if one is burned out it keeps it from working at all?

Because they are in a dim state, it tells me that they are receiving power, but nothing is telling them to go to full bright, even during the test mode.  The test mode will flicker the lights in series and will repeat the process until you stop it.  No, it does not matter if one or more of the bulbs is burned out.  Likely the controller card is bad.

A couple of things to check before you run out and get a new controller card.  Make sure that both harnesses are fully seated.  One harness goes from the contoller card to the MPU back plane.  The other harness goes from the controller card to the I/O on the top right side of MPU housing.  Make sure the I/O there also pushed back in and fully seated.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 05:11:16 PM »

I have never worked on a S2000 but make sure the the light bulbs are getting a good connection to ground

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »

All seems to be seated so maybe I'll try replacing the board. Do you have any?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »

I'm sorry, although I do have a stock of them, I have to keep them for my clients that have purchased machines from me to forfill my warranty obligations.  There may be other dealers here that can help you or as stated by another above, LA slots is selling these on Ebay at this time.

SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 06:27:22 PM »

I'll check the bulbs for a good ground.
Thanks,
 Scott
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 10:05:31 AM »

If you go into the reel lamp tests this is what should happen when you push the spin button

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5kLiR375M0&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/u5kLiR375M0&rel=0</a>

may be helpful to post photos of your I/O harness and your backlight controller
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »

Thank you for all your post and videos. I have a new controler coming and will let you know if this solves the problem.
Thanks,
 Scott
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »

Both Ruden & Brianzz asked you if you could put up the numbers written on
your controller board so they would be able to determine if you have the correct controller...
IGT made a few different boards and the one you're getting in the mail may not work either.
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 04:24:59 PM »

Will do, but need to do some honey do's since we are having Thanks Giving here.
Thanks, Scott
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »

Hi,
It looks like: Vendor 101285 but the 8 was hard to read so it may be a 3? I can take it out if necessary.
Scott
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 05:15:15 PM »

WOW whats up with that? I just had to do some chores. I will look for the harness number.
Scott
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.