Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:18:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Code 1769 on boot - how did I fix it?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Code 1769 on boot - how did I fix it?  (Read 2856 times)
Paladin
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« on: November 30, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »

My wife and I made an 11 hour round trip to pick up a Triple Diamond yesterday.  This machine is for a lady at work, as the same game came up only an hour away and I told her I was going to get it for her, clean it up and deliver it for my cost.  My payment is just being able to clean it and mess around with it, as well as making someone else happy (I know, I'm odd). 

Turns out that seller changed his mind at the last minute, so she was bummed since I had already told her.  So last week I see the same title for sale 5 hours away and decided to get it and not tell her until I had it up and running.  This machine is rougher and has an error code, but it was cheaper.  Luckily the wife doesn't mind the occasional long drive!

So I've got it inside and have cleaned up the insides except for the door, as I'm thinking of replacing it because it's dented and pretty scratched up. 

On to the problem:
In the winner paid window I get an alternating 1769 and 4, with 2 in the coins played window.  Could someone tell me what this means?  This is only my second S Plus, so I'm still learning here.  Both machines are 10mhz, so I guess I could swap the MPU boards to see if the problem follows the board or stays with the cabinet.

Update - success!!  All I did was take the Triple Diamond board out and put it in my Money Storm.  The Triple Diamond board booted with a code 65-2 in the Money Storm cabinet, which I cleared with the test button.  It then worked!  So I returned it to the Triple Diamond machine, and then it booted with a 65-2.  I cleared it, and now it works!

I'd like to know what that error message was, and why swapping cabinets fixed it in case this comes up again.

Now back to cleaning, and making a shopping list of parts!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:18:09 PM »

There is no such error code.  The machine just paid out 1769 coins, and the last win on the most recent game was 4 coins.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Paladin
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 04:17:24 AM »

Don't I feel stupid! arrow

This machine is set up for quarters, but has a dollar head.  There were 2 pennies jammed in the CC-33 comparitor, and I noticed that the head wasn't even lined up with the comparitor.  I don't know how the person I bought it from was ever able to add credits, as he said he hadn't even tried the bill validator.  I just assumed it was an error code because I didn't think I'd be able to insert coins.  Luckily I had a CC-16 comparitor, and was able to line things up by installing it and removing the head. 

I take another look at the head in the morning, maybe I can line it up so it works.  The hopper seems to be a mix of parts as well.  I ran the hopper test and 10 quarters came out just fine, so I may be alright there too  I guess I need to decide if I want to change everything over to quarters 'correctly', or just leave it since it works.  Since the game is for someone else, I don't think she'll care as long as it works.

I've attached a photo of the underside of the coin head.  This is after I changed the comparitor, but the old one lined up the same.  It looks to me that coins would drop completely to the right of the comparitor entry slot.  I also attached a photo of the hopper.  As I said, the hopper test worked fine, but the pinwheel sure seems to be the wrong size.

* diamond04.jpg (51.99 KB, 600x450 - viewed 344 times.)

* diamond03.jpg (45.06 KB, 600x313 - viewed 334 times.)
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »

The miss match of parts is common when someone does not have the correct parts. I would change to coin guide to .25
cent one to avoid less jams at the head. It has a tail on the bottom of the guide to help direct the coin. The coin comparitor  
can be adjusted out to align with the coin head by the 4 white plastics stand outs, if need be. They should be slotted for in or out.

If the hopper is counting out correctly it should be OK unless you are getting coin jams. The pin wheel looks to be the correct size
for quarters.

Hope this helps.

<edit> I would pull the coin comparitor and remove the two screws under the coin guide and see if there are extra holes someone drilled
to move the coin guide so out of line.

Ron (r273)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:24:30 AM by r273 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.