Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  New owner of 4 WMS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New owner of 4 WMS  (Read 5552 times)
BALLIGATOR1973
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:08:14 PM »

Hi,

I have just bought 4 WMS. The games are Leprechaun Gold, X Marks the spot, Money to Burn, Neptune Kingdom ( ST), and Filthy Rich.

I need to reset the Filthy rich, do I need clear chips? If so, any address to buy them?

Thanks for your help.

Balligator1973
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »

What do you mean, need to reset?  What is it doing?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
BALLIGATOR1973
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 07:49:47 PM »

Hi,

It shows: Critical error or failure number 8. It says it needs a ram clear.  The machine is from 2001.

What do I need to clear it, and once I have the proper chip(s) (?), what do I have to do with it/them?

Thanks a lot.
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »

You need the clear chip.  The clear chip is also the setup chip.  You want what is called a "Universal" clear chip which lets you choose what comparitor you have and what denom you want the machine to be.  In the early days, you would have a clear chip for each denomination, so try and avoid those.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
BALLIGATOR1973
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 05:53:40 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell me how to use this "Universal" clear chip, I mean the procedure?

I have attached a picture of the machine.

Thanksssssssss

* XMARKSTHESPOT.JPG (57.58 KB, 300x400 - viewed 204 times.)
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »

You boot the game with all chips in their proper place replacing the XU3 with the universal clear chip.

The game will boot up to a menu with two buttons (if I remember corectly as It's been a while)

The first one selects the country and the comparitor you are using.  As you make each selection other submenus appear, so in this sequence you will select country, then comparitor then denomination.

The second button is the save button and depending on whether or not the game supports Multi-Denomination, you get to select whether uncashable payouts will be hand paid, or need to be played off. (this is the case if you select a hard denomination of say 25 cents, but your multi-denom game lets you choose .05 and the player decides to cash out at .20 cents or so).

After the yoiu press the save button, it will ask you to power off and replace the XU3 chip.

BALLIGATOR1973
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »

Thank you!

My mission is to contact a vendor who sells this chip.

Regards,

Balligator73
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.