Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:09:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  Looking for help building an 8-liner
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for help building an 8-liner  (Read 5091 times)
ky8baller
« on: December 10, 2009, 12:59:27 AM »

Well, Mr. Channelmaniac, it sounds like you know you're stuff!!!!!!!!!!! Hail, The only thing is, I don't know mine. All of this is greek to me. Is there any place in NewLifeGames, that is for dummies????????? I am just getting started. Stayouttadabunker helped me awhile back with some other buttons, but my hubby and I have just 2 machines up and running, pretty much from taking parts from old cabinets, putting new monitors and power supplies in, and hoping it works. We have set odds on a few and reset them, but all of this Ram/Rom, eprom, all of these terms, are some alien lingo to me, and there may be others like me that are retarded and need a little more of a preschool, terminology. I am sorry to be so ignorant, but, I am willing to learn! Is there any school rooms on your campus. lol, that are for the slow kids. lol Crazy Tongue Out. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I hope you ponder it and figure out some place for me. lol. I need to know how to rig up 8 liner boards, to old cabinets. I have a magical odds board right now that reads on a blank screen, "sum bad" I have no idea if it is any thing I can fix or not. Would you know what that means. Thanks again, Becca Oh, another thing, I have a board, fruit bonus that is on fruit bonus 5000 x 1 and it wont hit the fruits. We put a new monitor in it, reset it, it works fine, everything else works, but it wont hit the fruits, there is about 3000. dollars in it now. It is set on 65/35 and it hasnt hit. Do you think it will yet? or is something wrong with it. If you know anyone else to send this email to, that may know what to do, or how to fix it where all you upperclassmen can see it, would you care to? Thanks again. Becca
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:37:23 AM »

Hi Becca.  wave

I split your post into a new topic and moved it to the "Other Arcade Games" board, as Channelmaniac's repair logs are for his documentation of completed repairs and diagnostic techniques.

May I suggest that it might be better to stick with one issue at a time in a post or thread. For example, you might want to post your fruit bonus question in a new topic so that members can help you tackle each issue on its own.

Most of our regular members read all of the posts, so Channelmaniac will probably post here with some help, as will Stout and the other members working with these arcade boards. yes propeller

Don't worry about having posted in the other thread. It's no biggie for moderators to move things around. bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
I gave you a K+ for your great enthusiasm! applause

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 01:31:45 AM »

Hi Becca,

I'm pretty green on 8-liners as I concentrate on arcade game, old game console, and old computer repairs. There are a few folks here that are VERY smart on the 8-liners though!

I would suggest 2 books to get started with.

1 - Getting Started in Electronics by Forest M Mims III. You can find it at Radio Shack and at Fry's.

2 - The Book by Atari: http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/Atari_TM-129_The_Book.pdf

RJ

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
jeddybear
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 10:04:54 PM »

the all fruit bonus will hit eventually, if you want it to hit now reset to 90%, 65% is a little tight, have you had a problem with the three eights?, also fruits start at i think 4 times, so give it some time. first time i ever heard of the owner instead of the player fussing over hits. hissy fit also that forest miims book is a great suggestion.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 01:59:33 AM »

LOL,as Stat said...try to keep them seperate  Crazy But,I'll try. We know your Magical Odds has no "bonus",except three ghost but with that error first thing I would try is clean all the contacts on the board with a pencil eraser(both sides). Now your other game... "Cherry Master's" are TOTALLY differnt from a slot. Slots use a RNG ,8 liners change the spin to make you win or lose...it wants to keep whatever the % is set to. As Jeddy said,if you increase the % you will hit everything under the sun  yes  Also,Jeddy was sorta right as fruits start as four. You can set the limits on the 8's or fruit,how many times they need to hit OR you can lock them with the bonus.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.