Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal "All in One" Handle Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal "All in One" Handle Problem  (Read 12101 times)
Millermaster1
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »

Hello Again, Newbie question #2!

I also got a Universal All in One slot that I pulled the handle and it got locked in the down position.  How do I release it, without losing a finger?

Also, are there any guides/manuals/advise on this game?

Thanks again,
John

* all in one.JPG (118.8 KB, 612x816 - viewed 391 times.)

* PC150650.JPG (68.25 KB, 490x653 - viewed 402 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:13:40 PM »

NLG Welcome You've Got Mail

Your handle may just need lubrication. If you hold the handle down and wiggle the lock rachet (red arrow in pic) and then let the handle up, it should break free. Lube the lock rachet and trip lever collar.

Jim

* PC150650.JPG (68.54 KB, 490x653 - viewed 464 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 11:48:18 PM »

Your game, "All In One" was designed in 1990. Universal took jackpot symbols from three previous successful games and put them in one game, hence the title All In One.
If you press the green test button 9 times you will see the number 9 followed by four other numbers in the WIN meter. There will be a series of five different sets of numbers.
The first is the machine chip (should be (9)9003)
Second is machine chip version
Third is the game chip (should be (9)9053)
Forth is the game chip version. Tell me this number and I can tell you what the % payback it is.
Fifth is the credit limit.

They will keep repeating until you close the door.
As far as advice, don't ever damage the glass or reel strips, hard to find replacements.
If you ever have problems just check the Universal section here at NLG for help or post your problem.
Millermaster1

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:53:10 PM »

Thanks Uniman!  I got it to return!

Now I have nothing on the front screens (error codes)????  If nothing is displayed where should I start?  I have a Yellow reset button, a Green test button and a Red service button.  Nothing seems to do anything?!? bawling

At least if there is an error code I can locate the problem!

Thanks again!
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 01:14:25 PM »

Thanks Uniman!  I got it to return!

Now I have nothing on the front screens (error codes)????  If nothing is displayed where should I start?  I have a Yellow reset button, a Green test button and a Red service button.  Nothing seems to do anything?!? bawling

At least if there is an error code I can locate the problem!

Thanks again!

Sounds like power supply problem. (Assuming all connections are intact)
First place to look is the noise filter in the power supply.
Symptoms for a bad noise filter are; machine lights up, but nothing works, no LED's.
See this thread, go down to last post.   http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=177.0
Millermaster1

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 11:41:51 PM »

Hey Jim,
Before I pulled the handle and it got locked, the display was working.  Do you think it still could be the power supply or a bad connection somewhere?  I will triple check the connections, the funny thing...My IGT is doing the exact same thing!  Do you do house calls in Wisconsin Smiley
John
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 12:31:21 AM »

Hey Jim,
Before I pulled the handle and it got locked, the display was working.  Do you think it still could be the power supply or a bad connection somewhere?  I will triple check the connections, the funny thing...My IGT is doing the exact same thing!  Do you do house calls in Wisconsin Smiley
John
I used to live next door in Michigan, now in Nevada. Sorry, no house calls to Wisconsin in December! Frozen

This is weird. Check your outlet for 110v and ground. Then check the cord on the machine. Look where it goes under the machine. I've found a few ripped there. The next most common problem area is that big black plug where the door wiring connects. Sometimes the pins can come loose. Happened once to me.
If you have a multi-meter check the power supply outputs. (You can see pinout in Universal Power Supply thread)

If both machines having same problem on same outlet, I suspect the power source (outlet).
Millermaster1

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:43:39 AM »

I will hopefully have sometime this weekend to go back over the connectiions! 

Hey, we are having a heat wave in WI.....almost 30 today!  I won't be in vegas again till March, enjoy the heat for me!!  Smiley
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 02:24:13 AM »

Recently received an email on handle problems and Tower boards. Here is some info;
Universal had basically three different power supplies, see this thread;  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=177.0

The Green Dots had a Tower-3 board along with a seperate solid state relay to control the operation of the handle. The early Green Dots did not have the solid state relay (SSR) so they were mounted in the slot cabinet. So if you tried an early Green Dot in a machine without a SSR mounted in the cabinet the handle will not operate.
The Red Dot had a Tower-4 board that had a built-in SSR on the Tower board. The Yellow had the Tower-4 and then the Tower-5

Here is a pic on the Green Dot's Tower-3 and the SSR mounted in the power supply. (behind all those wires)

* tower-3.JPG (119.79 KB, 640x480 - viewed 363 times.)

* tower-3-ssr.JPG (126 KB, 640x480 - viewed 352 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 02:29:10 AM »

Here are pics of the Tower-4 and then the Tower-5. Notice the black SSR on the Tower-4 not seen on the Tower-3

* tower-4.JPG (143.98 KB, 640x480 - viewed 368 times.)

* tower-5.JPG (179.26 KB, 640x480 - viewed 383 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 02:50:42 AM »

How to troubleshoot a non-working handle that is locked in the upright position.
With the machine on, open the door and press the red service switch. (this simulates a coin in)
The handle solenoid should pull in and click. (Unless it already was pulled in)
Try to pull the handle.
If it doesn't pull, locate the handle solenoid just right of the third reel on top of the handle mech. Follow the two gray wires from the solenoid to the white connector. There should be an orange and orange/black wire coming to this connector. Test the orange and orange/black wire for 24v AC. If there is 24v AC than it's a bad solenoid.
If no 24v AC, now it gets interesting! Looking again at the handle solenoid take note on what color optic is mounted above it. Either gray or black. Gray is most common. I think the black came later. So now move to the mpu board. Games with machine chips 8933 and I believe anything higher, as there is no documentation that I've found for these chips, require dip switch #7 on the daughter board to be set ON for black handle optics and OFF for gray handle optics.
If the machine chip is 8933 or higher and dip #7 is set properly, then it's time to open up the power supply. Check the molex connector going from the power supply to the tower board. These take a lot of heat damage and often fall apart. Repair connector if needed and try again.
Hope this helps!
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 03:32:11 AM »

Do you do house calls in Wisconsin Smiley

Hello John!

I just noticed your posts...where in Wisconsin are you located?  I am in Milwaukee....

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

Millermaster1

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 05:19:45 PM »

Do you do house calls in Wisconsin Smiley

Hello John!

I just noticed your posts...where in Wisconsin are you located?  I am in Milwaukee....

Dan #2
Hey Dan, I'm out in Hartland....20 miles West of Milwaukee!
Millermaster1

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »

[/quote]
How to troubleshoot a non-working handle that is locked in the upright position.

Is there a troubleshoot for a handle that keeps getting locked in the down position?  Everything seems to be lubercated well.
The good news, I got the game all working!  There is a super tiny reset switch on the board. I removed the hopper, slid a small cover plate and hit the reset......back in action!
jacker
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »

Universal Slot Machine "All In One" coin in error 21
Came into game room and the machine was "Tilting"   coin in error (21) and the alarm was sounding ( 4 rings). Have not played the machine for about a week prior to this.  Have powered down and press and held "all clear" button on board, until diverter closes (slowly) and the alarm is sounded....but the alarm sounds 4 times, not all clear sound of 3. Tried clearing RAM but same thing 4 rings or beeps. 
Cleaned the optic sensor, no foreign objects in there.
Manual indicated could be a bad component on main logic board ! What would I look for on this board? Think it could be something else ?
Thanks...............don't use this sit enough to know how to post a new topic correctly
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 12:10:32 AM »

What type of hopper do have? Standard heavy green metal hopper, small red and black plastic hopper, or something else??
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 12:28:12 AM »

It's the Standard heavy green metal hopper.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 02:35:46 AM »

The Standard green hopper does not have an optic, it has a switch for counting coins.
Try unplugging your hopper and then clear the alarm by pressing the yellow reset. If alarm clears you know it is not your mpu.
Then plug the hopper in and see if alarm comes back. If it does then check the count switch on the hopper.

Since you said you walked into room and alarm was there, I assume no one prior had played it, it was always on and the alarm just "appeared". If this is the case the problem is either the mpu (use test above to confirm if mpu or not) or it could be the hopper board. But make sure switch is ok and nothing stuck in hopper at the switch first before suspecting the hopper board.

jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »

Tried that! 1st time nothing, 2nd time the display board went blank. error code 21 went away. put quarter in the coin comparator would not take it. dropped the coin thru the optics, it registered, hit the spin button reels would not spin, just a hum from the MPU. Self test the hopper is fine. I've had other problems with the MPU, flickering display lights, very easy to tilt. I wonder If someone had a MPU board they would sell me (Hopefully a good one) I would buy it and try it. Universal 8116-A2 3 reel.....Have been fighting this machine for  about 6 months. All other parts of the machine is in very good shape.

* DSCF5051.JPG (643.66 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 332 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.