Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:30:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  vision problem please help!!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: vision problem please help!!  (Read 12976 times)
jrsyjohn
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« on: December 21, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »

i have a vision machine. a few months ago i upgraded the top lcd and the vfd board and the chips to 380 so i can get the split screen( thanks to idesign).
well it worked a few times, now when i put on the machine it keeps saying the nexplex is down. i changed to power supply and it says the same.
dont know which way to go. thanks to all that can help.john
wcw1223
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:17:44 PM »

It's more than likely your mpu board. If you have a spare try swapping them.
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:20:08 PM »

Seems like the common problems are.  power supply(behind reels), VFD driver board,  
Railroad94

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »

Hi Bill.   glad to see you back on the board wave wave
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:18 PM »

Hi Bill.   glad to see you back on the board wave wave
RR94...
I remember a setting in that power supply behind the reels something like "SENS" or that if not adjusted correctly the NETPLEX doesnt like it...
I'm having a CRS or Senior "moment"

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
wcw1223

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:51 PM »

It's good to be back   wave  wave  and I hope to get back into the swing of things.
Railroad94

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »

Kirk, news to me on that but have my problems with a runaway hopper.

Do you know the pinout jumper settings on the comparator harness to make it coinless?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 06:21:42 PM »

To get this topic back on track, jrsyjohn, which power supply did you replace?
It seems like they're talking about a separate power supply behind the reels?
jrsyjohn
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »

yes.i replaced the power supply behind the reels and changer the vfd control board.i took out the chips and reseated them.it still says netplex is down.
do you think the 380 gm chips could be bad or do i need another mother board?
Railroad94

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:17:04 PM »

looking at some old posts,you can try booting up with the BV,printer disconnected and see what it does.
wcw1223

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »

looking at some old posts,you can try booting up with the BV,printer disconnected and see what it does.

Do you have a spare MPU board? Are you tried resetting the one in the machine?
jrsyjohn
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 08:33:30 PM »

how do you reset the one in the machine?
wcw1223

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 08:37:31 PM »

how do you reset the one in the machine?

Turn the machine off and for safety sake unplug the power and pull the MPU out and re insert it.
wcw1223

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »

Not to be misunderstood, just in case you don't know which is the MPU board, it's the one in the lower left hand corner of the machine. You should see some LED lights (or lights) in the button you push to make changes on the machine. It plugs into the mother board.
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 09:07:41 PM »

Not to be misunderstood, just in case you don't know which is the MPU board, it's the one in the lower left hand corner of the machine. You should see some LED lights (or lights) in the button you push to make changes on the machine. It plugs into the mother board.

No.... the MPU plugs into the BACKPLANE..not the "Motherboard". This is a 502 or 504 MPU and the "CPU" sits in a socket on the MPU board....
There are NO lights * IN * the pushbutton, but rather the little pushbutton sits in the same line as a row of STATUS indicators and they are LED's....not lights.

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
wcw1223

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 09:13:44 PM »

No.... the MPU plugs into the BACKPLANE..not the "Motherboard". This is a 502 or 504 MPU and the "CPU" sits in a socket on the MPU board....
There are NO lights * IN * the pushbutton, but rather the little pushbutton sits in the same line as a row of STATUS indicators and they are LED's....not lights.

My mistake sorry for the confusion. I think I said LED just trying to help.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 10:48:45 PM »

My mistake sorry for the confusion. I think I said LED just trying to help.

Kirk,

IGT is a little different than what most people would expect things to be called. IGT actually calls the backplane a Mother Board in their technical documention, even though this is somewhat counterintuitive if you are into computers at all. Also the MPU board is sometime called the CPU board since the cpu plugs into it like you say. Most people find that Backplane and Mother Board are interchangeable in slot terms, same idea goes for CPU Board and MPU board and Processor Board. But the official terms according to IGT are Mother Board which is bolted into the rear of the cabinet and Processor Board, which is secured into the tray and it slides into the Mother Board.

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
jrsyjohn
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »

well i want to thank everyone of you guys for all your help on this issue im having.im going to change the motherboard on sat and lets see what happens.
to all my NLG friends happy holidays!!
wcw1223

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 11:17:41 PM »

I truly hope the MPU board is not the problem. I can tell you from experience it's good to have a spare.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 11:48:28 PM »

I truly hope the MPU board is not the problem. I can tell you from experience it's good to have a spare.

I totally agree with this line of thinking because with an extra board (Doesn't really matter what platform) -
one can very easily do a swap between board to help eliminate what may be good or bad.

I'd like to add more confusion to the IGT terms, if I may (LOL)...
Many machines including Bally has their motherboards or backplane boards fastened
to the very back of their cabinets...(Smart ! ) the S+, on the other-hand, fastens their motherboard to the floor of the machine.

I've always considered that extremely dumb because it's a prime location for
loose hopper coins to fall right onto or under the board to cause shorts!!! frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan
That's akin to placing valuable, important papers on the damp floor of a basement in the springtime!
God bless IGT designers...how they could ever retain their engineering positions is beyond me. bust gut laughing
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 12:24:31 AM »

John,  Good luck on that working.  As just black-box techniques it may or may not.  Always start with the "least Intrusive" componets from your diagnostics.  Is that the only error code you get-Net-plex down-?.  Or is there any more codes?.  Since you have a s****o bonus game Other problems may be occuring as well. If you had on hand did you switch out the i/o's cab and door with same known and known working ones?  (one at a time and re-boot)?.  Did you re-store this game back to it's orginal configuration prior to messing with it for the split screen denom table?.   The back-plane (mother-board) may be the culprit but work easy then hard in your diag. -parts swapping.  B.  Merry X-mas   Christmas Tree.
Railroad94

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 12:27:11 AM »

A quote from an older post on netplex not saying it cant be your MPU or backplane but you might want to check these first.

"also on an S2000 the netplex components are your Bill Validator, Thermal Printer, VFD, 7 Seg, and Spectrum Display.  a problem with either of these can take netplex down.

that being said, probably 95% of our 'netplex link down' errors in the past 3 years have been due to the DC switching power supply behind the reels.  we have been repairing them for probably 2 years by shotgunning electrolytic caps with a 85-90% repair rate.

edit:  the value on the surface mount cap for the VFD driver board is 4.7uf, 16V"
Thor777

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 01:09:36 AM »

RailRoad did you change your Avatir again?  arrow

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
Railroad94

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 01:19:39 AM »

yep, was thinking of changing name and everything but that will do for now  Crazy
Thor777

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 01:21:38 AM »

yep, was thinking of changing name and everything but that will do for now  Crazy

Well if you "hide out" tooooo well, we won't be able to give you good karma!  arrow

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.