Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  vision problem please help!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: vision problem please help!!  (Read 12945 times)
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 01:25:22 AM »

John,  Also as a note,  The processor to back-plane interface takes place via male/female pins/receptacles.  The more sliding in/out etc. the more wear-esp. on the back plane portion.  A lot of times a failure is identified to a board or componet but no explantion why.  This is because it is not cost effective even for igt etc. to compenet level repair such parts depending on the part.  Easier and cheaper to replace and keep on chugging.  A back plane (mother board) to igt is a piss in the bucket -so no bench repair there.  A lot of times it is just as I said a "usage" movement/connection thing but they fail the componet. I had to repair/troubleshoot some simiular problems in the past and some were due to the "pockets" -receptacles in the back-plane contacts being elongated due to heavy in/out/usage/abuse/etc.   As a note these days from what I have seen a lot of the items on newer stuff are exchange now from what I Heard.  Here is my .1/2 cent,  Back-planes in s-2000's/vision fail as anything else over time but it is not a common failure.  It is worth a shot in your case as they are not that expensive.  It will cost you more time than anything to change it and find out-- Tongue Out.  B.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 02:28:21 AM »

Agree with Post I agree 100%... It seems to me that the receptor female pins start to oxidize
 and "loosen" up over time giving intermittent pin connection.

There are two solutions that can only help...one is to spray the pins (Both male and females)
with some type of de-oxidizer spray stuff in a can that can be found at places like radio shack.
The stuff in the spray has chemicals that help take off the oxidization from the pins.
I think the shelf name is "electronic contact cleaner".
Just don't turn the can upside down or sideways as too much fluid will come out and
take forever to dry out.
Always hold the can's nozzle upright and turn the board and connectors with your other hand.

Two: the hard way but makes the board like new...replace all the pins...
do both the headers and the connectors...I didn't say it was easy! LOL
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 02:37:00 AM »

The receptor sockets on these have come a long way since the pins on say a 80's pac man or 70's electro pin.  These are much tougher.  I do not see a high oxidation problem with these here.  That could be different in other climates or,  If your board came from the titanic (I use that term with respect).  The sockets get "wallerd out" from repeat in/out and improper installation/"english" used on the install.  B.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »

Any updates on this?

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
jrsyjohn
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »

well wcw1223 you guessed right!! it was the mpu board. last week i changed it and i was up and running in no time.again thanks to all on NLG. you guy's are the best!!
wcw1223
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »

I sorry to hear it was the the board OUCH  Cactus  but I glade you got it running.  Clap Clap
jrsyjohn
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »

please don't be sorry, im glad you told me this.you saved me alot of time.thanks again!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.