Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 10:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  total newbie
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: total newbie  (Read 12557 times)
Dummy
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:45:18 AM »

hey guys just got a Bally's BLACK & WHITE DOUBLE JACKPOT $100 2CM 7021 S5500 from a dude on Cl and of course my wife hit a jackpot on it and I don't even know how to rest the thing.  guy told me not to cash it out without enough coins in hopper 'cause it would screw it up.
i would assume there is a quick jackpot button (hopefully).  i hit the rest button a couple of times to no avial (just seamed to reset the bill collector).  machine has all it's parts in  located in a residence for family fun.
my apologies for the ignorance, any help is appreciated.
dummy
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 12:48:54 AM »

Turn the key...it's above the handle on the right hand side of your machine.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:50:09 AM »

Two possible solutions:

1) Take a sledge hammer and beat the crap out of it until the jackpot song turns off.

2)  On the right side of the cabinet, insert the jackpot key, and turn it 1/4 turn clockwise.

Take your pick.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Dummy
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:55:58 AM »

no key, locks gone (so maybe there were parts missing!) will look for mechanism associated with former lock location.
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 12:57:02 AM »

no key, locks gone (so maybe there were parts missing!) will look for mechanism associated with former lock location.

Is there a hole there?  It's really strange for that to be missing!

Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 12:59:27 AM »

Well then the sledge hammer might be the best solution here.

Make sure you are not looking at just the door....the door might be missing the locks....but instead, look a little further back (about midway) on the cabinet and up above the handle.  Should be a small key hole there.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Dummy
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 01:01:09 AM »

wait wait do have lock but no key...can i dissconect or cross wires or anything.  take to cylinder to locksmith?
sorry for stupid.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 01:05:06 AM »

The JP key is readily available and you should have one for future use.  I can ship you one for $1 plus whatever shipping method you want to pay for....as low as 42 cents and as high as $20 overnight.

Seems like it might be possible to trick the machine...if you look on the other side of the lock you will see there are two wires...if you can trick the machine into thinking the door is closed, disconnect those wire temporarily, and then touch them together...it might work.  Or maybe it will work wit the door open...not sure on the Bally.

Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 01:13:42 AM »

If you can't stand the racket on most ballys while it's playing the jackpot music and ringing the bell you can hit the change button and shut the noise off
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 01:49:18 AM »

If all of the above doesn't work...you can send the machine to me! ...
I'll promise I'll take real good care of it for the next couple of years!...LOL

Bettorslots was right...the two wires to the keyswitch up in there...
touch them together...
if it doesn't work with the door open, take the big nut off the keyswitches body, push out
the keyswitch, and run the two wires through the hole to the outside of the machine.
Close the door, , wait for the machine to go back into the jackpot mode (bells ringing, lights a'flashin')
touch the 2 wires sticking out of the hole together...

You should have total peace and tranquility at that moment....
Use that moment to ask your wife to come over and plant a big nice kiss on your right cheek and
tell her merry xmas and that you love her! LOL

You see, you have to butter her up real good so you can go out and
buy another machine real soon...after all, when all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....
they forgot to add that slot machines some how multiply in the dark... Tongue Out

Welcome to New Life Games Dummy!  Dancing Party The Wave

Congratulations
Dummy
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 01:50:48 AM »

was able to trick machine.  removed lock mechanism from contacts and manually touched contacts with lockset dumbbell.
worked fine, now i need to figure out how to put back together but at least the wife can play.
Dummy
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 01:52:22 AM »

If you can't stand the racket on most ballys while it's playing the jackpot music and ringing the bell you can hit the change button and shut the noise off
reset stopped music and i unplugged bell for quiet.
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 01:56:58 AM »

Hey Dummy,  I do not mean to take from your thread here but that is one heck of a handle you have here--- Tongue Out.  Welecome to NLG.  B. 
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 02:01:12 AM »

You must do the following things (in order)
1. Find the biggest axe you can. Then raise it above your head at HIT that bally. If death does not come quickly enough, repeat the process.
2. Buy any IGT machine.
3. Go to step 1 (it's a closed loop).
 Just funning with ya, welcome to the insane slot aslyum of NLG.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Dummy
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 02:02:44 AM »

Hey Dummy,  I do not mean to take from your thread here but that is one heck of a handle you have here--- Tongue Out.  Welecome to NLG.  B.  
when swimm'in in this pond the moniker is appropriate.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 02:18:25 AM »

I have GOT to give ya a karma+ for that!!! LOL

we don't have any awards here for the best moniker but you'd win it...hands down!!! Tongue Out  Hail
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 02:35:03 AM »

just an FYI,
on the Bally 5500's you can open the door and pull the door switch out one notch and operate the game with the door open. The 5500 has no optics on the door. I figrued it out after I disassembled my first one... with a hammer. Duh!

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 02:49:15 AM »

just an FYI,
on the Bally 5500's you can open the door and pull the door switch out one notch and operate the game with the door open. The 5500 has no optics on the door. I figrued it out after I disassembled my first one... with a hammer. Duh!

You beat me by ten (now 14) minutes, but be were both over an hour late and a cherry switch short. Crazy

Sorry about that Dummy. If we had posted earlier we could have saved you the trouble of removing the lock. Despite the pro-IGT slant around here, one of Bally's advantages is the lack of door optics, which allows you to run any door closed tests or actions with the door open by simply pulling the white cherry switch to its outmost position.

K+ from me as well, both for your bold name and for having to undo your lock. Our bad.  Spank

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 02:53:00 AM »

Yes,
but by pulling on the cherryswitch - I don't see how he would be able to reset the jackpot his wife hit?
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 03:07:19 AM »

with the door open you can jump the reset switch from the inside and reset the jackpot if it's a hand pay.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 03:08:20 AM »

Ah! See? You learn something new everyday!  Hail
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 05:38:25 AM »

with the door open you can jump the reset switch from the inside and reset the jackpot if it's a hand pay.
Agree with Post  What he said.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 11:43:24 AM »

Welcome Dummy from the Sr. Resident Rookie. I've been a Rookie for almost 5 years now so don't feel
your alone right now. These guys and gals here will get you up to seed in no time.  Just don't believe
everything you read, there will be some light humor in some of there replies.  rotflmao We are by far the
best site on the internet for free advise on coin operated games, no brag just fact.

Ron (r273)

Dummy
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »

i don't understand what you mean.  seems like the only way to get the machine to clear the jackpot was to get the JP contacts touched.
btw- you guys rock the party. simply amazing the assistance one can get on basically any topic these days.
Dummy
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 03:08:49 PM »

Agree with Post  What he said.
when you say jump, you just mean press it??  so i would pull the door button out a knotch and just hit the reset and it would reset the JP?? 
btw- wife was mighty grateful for getting the JP cleared last night, mighty grateful.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.