Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  igt s2000 problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: igt s2000 problem  (Read 8672 times)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« on: January 01, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »

Hey gaming gurus, happy new year! Well, for most of us. I've got an s2000 made in '03. I recently converted from coinless to coin in and cashed it out for the first time today. It's come up with a hopper empty message on the display, but there's coins in the hopper and it won't reset. I have credits on the machine so key17 chip is not an option though I thought of changing hopper payout amount to $00.00. Any ideas? Machine is set to pay out up to 200 coins and none came out when I cashed out. Just the message bawling new
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »

Did you check the harness plug ? coin jam in hopper?

after you converted,did you test payout?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »

I've checkrd harness a couple times. Green light on hopper circuit board flashes briefly when I power up. Did not test payout after converting. In menu 4 I/O tests, the hopper test option 4.7 doesn't come up. It gose from 4.6 to 4.9
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »

Does the hopper make any noise or spin??

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »

no, nothing at all. Noticed if I unplug hopper the game comes up with coin in jam, so it knows the hopper is there. Are you thinking bad hopper motor?
Railroad94

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 06:47:26 PM »

coin in or coin out jam ? could be a bad I/O card but most likely your settings (coinless mode) or hopper itself .

When you pull the hopper,did you release the brake pawl on back and see if you can turn the gearbox,wheel shelf by hand? just to make sure it is not locked up with a coin or the knife.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 06:51:44 PM »

Just pulled gear box apart and hopper mottor is very hard to turn with nothing connected. Gonna pull motor off gear box and see if I can work it loose. I wouldn't think shaft of motor should be very haed to turn. Got hopper from la slots on ebay for $50 with comparitor and coin head so I probably shouldn't expect to much. Game had never been coin in before I don't beleive
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 07:16:46 PM »

That was it! Pulled motor off and cleaned it with circuit board cleaner(thank god blow off makes delicate parts cleaner), worked it till it loosened up, reassembled and it works great! Maybe a tip for others who see this problem. New motors aren't cheap and this took about 30 minutes start to finish. If anyone has questions on this feel free to ask. I'm new to slot machines, but not electronics. Thanks for the replies I got, you helped point me in right direction applause
Thor777

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »

That was it! Pulled motor off and cleaned it with circuit board cleaner(thank god blow off makes delicate parts cleaner), worked it till it loosened up, reassembled and it works great! Maybe a tip for others who see this problem. New motors aren't cheap and this took about 30 minutes start to finish. If anyone has questions on this feel free to ask. I'm new to slot machines, but not electronics. Thanks for the replies I got, you helped point me in right direction applause

Welcome and glad to see you found the fix... K+ to you for sharing!  applause

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 07:45:46 PM »

Absloutely, look forward to being able to maybe help or be helped here. Kirk in Las Vegas put me on to this, he's a good guy.
Railroad94

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 06:42:43 PM »

Absloutely, look forward to being able to maybe help or be helped here. Kirk in Las Vegas put me on to this, he's a good guy.

Yes,welcome to the board and glad you got your problem worked out.
Kirk pointed you in the right direction but might of forgot to tell you that you can call him   Cry Laughing 24/7  Cry Laughing no problem is to small.
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »

Scratch Head    Duh!      Help

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 12:11:25 AM »

Kirk pointed you in the right direction but might of forgot to tell you that you can call him   Cry Laughing 24/7  Cry Laughing no problem is to small.

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Hey Kirk, can I call you at 3 o'clock tomorrow morning? I need advice on how to remove a hangnail. frying pan  Duh!  pie in face

Thanks,
Stat garfield

Railroad94, you are soooo mean. arrow Evil Angel-Devil  rotflmao rotflmao

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »

Kirk pointed you in the right direction but might of forgot to tell you that you can call him   Cry Laughing 24/7  Cry Laughing no problem is to small.

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Hey Kirk, can I call you at 3 o'clock tomorrow morning? I need advice on how to remove a hangnail. frying pan  Duh!  pie in face

Thanks,
Stat garfield

Railroad94, you are soooo mean. arrow Evil Angel-Devil  rotflmao rotflmao

Hangnail removal?
Not a problem, Hangnail removed while you wait! No local numbing needed, we simply insert finger/hangnail into a S+ door and close BRISKLY!

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 02:24:23 AM »

Thanks,
Stat garfield

Hangnail removal?
Not a problem, Hangnail removed while you wait! No local numbing needed, we simply insert finger/hangnail into a S+ door and close BRISKLY!

That would work, but I wouldn't want to damage my S+ !  hissy fit  knockout

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
scatheli
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »

Many Thanks  my friends...

I had the same problem with  my Gameking coinless to coin...
My hopper works but the wheel didn't turned...

Now with cleaning the gearbox... It works...

Many thanks again,

Alexis

The frenchy waving flag waving flag waving flag    Me, too!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.