Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:28:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Series E E-2831-22 Sn #1 help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Series E E-2831-22 Sn #1 help  (Read 2895 times)
tom of hope
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »

Everything was working great, went to use it and it locked up (wouldn't accept coins) hit the reset and test buttons on the hopper and it would work again. did this several times, and then lo and behold would not reset and the wheels would not stop spinning. Now she is dead in  the water. Any suggestions? Where can I get this thing repaired or how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Tom
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »

dead in the water?  do you have anything on the win meter?  turn the machine off - take the reel mechanism out of the machine. turn the machine back on.  does your win meter show 50 000 or 71 000?  if not what does it show else do a 2 test - right button on the hopper (this test activates all the io of the machine).  if this test "seems to work" turn machine off - put the reel mech back in.  power up - if still getting 50 or 71 indicated earlier - do a 5 test - this will read the reels - if you get all 0000 then this is why machine is not working - you either have a reel reader/control board or IO board issue.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 02:02:31 AM »

on those early model bally , they used compression type push wire connectors   and the four associated with the power supply would become intermittent. your power supply is located on the wall behind the hopper on the right side. wiggle the wires that go to pins 1/2 I think they are blue with a black tracer, these cause alot of issues. watch the display while you do this and see if it makes a difference.

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
tom of hope
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:25:07 PM »

The display shows code 50000 . wiggled wires to the power supply didn't do anything. Removed reels did the suggested tests, pressed test button twice (2 test) display went through a series of numbers and contiued to repeat the same numbers. Turnrd power off and back on and pushed test button 5 times got "..........". Re installed wheel mechanism still does not work. Again code 50000. The machine is not by a computer so it takes a day or so to respond. thanks for all your help.

PS. sweet 442 Barry
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:31:28 PM by tom of hope » Logged
tom of hope
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »

Thanks for the help, I appreciate your time and efforts. I live exactly in the middle of nowhere and help with this kind of problem is non existant
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »

if the 2 test is working like you said - turn machine off - put the reel mechanism back in - power up.  do you still have the 50 000?  do a 5 test - right button 5 times - win meter should show 1 followed by some characters.  if you have all 0000 then you have either a bad reel reader control board - a bad IO board.  If you get 1 and some characters - press the test button 8 time - win meter should change to 80 000.  If it does - using the coin switch located below the coin acceptor on the door - with the door open - press down and up on the coin trip wire quickly.  see if the handle pulls.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.