Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:25:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT ROUND TOP VISION. CASH_OUT LOCK UP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT ROUND TOP VISION. CASH_OUT LOCK UP  (Read 7536 times)
jeanie2002
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 19, 2010, 01:56:38 AM »

We have a IGT rd. top vision. we hit cash out, not enough coins so got "not enough coins" error, refilled coins, then got "problem with machine call attendant" error. NO CODE. WILL NOT RESET with key. Pulled board and hopper, cleaned, looks good. killed power, goes through start-up and reels spin but then LED goes blank and LCD says "Problem call attendant" Was working perfect before cashing out, but LOCKED-UP now with NO CODE, and NO WAY TO FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG, I don't know much about these but see no reason for locking up, Has anyone seen this before?  HELP
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 03:25:25 AM »

When you turned the JP key, was the door open or closed?  Try it with the door open.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
jeanie2002

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:47:14 AM »

We tried both ways multiple times, no luck.  This seems crazy. locked up at this point can't do anything.  The only thing it will show other than "problem call attendant"  is when door is open "Main door open" and goes off when we shut.  It gives no code or diagnostic at all. If we kill power it starts up reels spin then right back to "problem call attendant"  the coins are full. seems to be no reason for this, nothing happened except cashing out without enough coins. someone told me to do a hopper test, but I can't do anything with this stuck where it is at. I was wondering if disconnecting the battery would clear memory of this error ???? any  ideas.  Thanks 
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:36:38 AM »

No, disconnecting the battery will create issues on top of your problem.

Can you take pictures of both the LCD display (in the top box where the bonus game plays) and the blue VFD display on the bottom left of the reel glass, when the error is displayed?

Thanks,
Bill
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:18:46 PM »

If I was standing in front of that machine...first thing I would do is test the hopper in another machine.  And I would take a known working hopper and put it in this machine.  I would double check all the harness connections.  Make sure that the 2 cables at the bottom of the hopper are fully seated and then make sure the hopper was level and sitting in it's track properly.  I would then check the hopper hub harness at the hub and trace it back to the back plane board making sure it will fully seated on the back plane.  And then, if all is still a not go, I would then proceed to clear it's memory using a 97 clear chip, and then Key it with a 17.  In otherwords start over from scratch, and see if the hopper works after a memory clear.  As part of that process I would test the battery on the MPU and / or replace it.

If the hopper paid out quarters up to the point where it was empty...it is likely not the problem.  This is a MPU error at this point.  Could mean bad battery or maybe it is just a tired old board and got confused when it ran out of quarters....turning the JP key, turning machine on/off, etc., etc. might only have expanded the problem.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
jeanie2002

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »

It  did not empty ALL coins, left a handfull in hopper. What should battery read, I don't know anything about the chips you described or how to use them. Is there anyone out there who tests boards ?  This was sitting unplugged for 2 or 3 weeks prior to us getting it, could bat. run down due to this ?  Thanks
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 03:00:13 PM »

Battery should read 3 volts or there abouts...

If you need board, clear and key help you can PM me.

Jim

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:05:43 PM »

It  did not empty ALL coins, left a handfull in hopper. What should battery read, I don't know anything about the chips you described or how to use them. Is there anyone out there who tests boards ?  This was sitting unplugged for 2 or 3 weeks prior to us getting it, could bat. run down due to this ?  Thanks

It's somewhat normal for the hopper to not be able to empty ALL coins, there's always a few stragglers left behind.... Refill the hopper and see what happens, also waiting for those pictures... Smiley

Thanks,
Bill
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 03:18:37 PM »

It's somewhat normal for the hopper to not be able to empty ALL coins, there's always a few stragglers left behind.... Refill the hopper and see what happens, also waiting for those pictures...

I may have misread above, but I gathered that the hopper was refilled and the door was closed.  With proper operation the reels should have spun up and the hopper would have continued to try and finish the payout.  However the fact that after that process, the LED read out still has an error tells me that something else is going on. Possibly from memory loss on the MPU...either from failing battery or faulty MPU.  The likelyhood that there is a failure in the hopper Assembly is unlikely given it was just working fine right up to the point where it ran out of coins.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:56:21 PM by Bettor Slots » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »

Plus with the power being switched off and on numerous times may have a
bad effect on the the MPU trying it's best to retain it's memory
from an old, fruitless battery that has seen better days...
I would follow bettor slots suggestions with the proper chips and
resetting procedures to get things back in order.
Guys like him may have a good procedure sheet you could follow step-by-step
and get your machine back up and running like it should! yes
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 06:27:17 PM »

Agreed on the likelihood of a hopper failure, Jim.
 But I'm interested to see what's displayed on the VFD
when the LCD is displaying an error before clearing the RAM, Mark.

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 07:29:02 PM »

All great suggestion!  yes

Jeannie!! Go get your camera!!!!
jeanie2002

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »

I don't have a camera so I will have to have my son come by and take a shot of it.   On the top , the LCD screen just says "There is a problem with machine call attendant"   above the buttons winner paid 73, credit 179, coins played 2.  the LED on the left above the buttons goes blank or unlit as soon as error pops up on top LCD screen. it does go through the start up tests with display on LCD screen when we first power up, but screens change too fast to get a picture of.  I will have my son post photos asap. Thanks.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 11:08:33 PM »

I don't have a camera so I will have to have my son come by and take a shot of it.   On the top , the LCD screen just says "There is a problem with machine call attendant"   above the buttons winner paid 73, credit 179, coins played 2.  the LED on the left above the buttons goes blank or unlit as soon as error pops up on top LCD screen. it does go through the start up tests with display on LCD screen when we first power up, but screens change too fast to get a picture of.  I will have my son post photos asap. Thanks.

Thanks, tell your son a video of the lower left display would be nice also.

Thanks,
Bill
jeanie2002

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 10:14:07 PM »

OK, problem solved. It turned out to be the button battery,{low at 2.8} which did not allow the machine to remember how much it had paid out, so it was sorta locked up, stuck unable to proceed. Thanks to Jim at bettorslots, he serviced my board and replaced the battery, good as new. Jim was awesome, walked us through the set-up over the phone, my Hero. Thanks.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 10:27:40 PM »

Hey?! Jim's MY hero too!!!!  Clap applause Hail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.