Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:03:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  How to enable IGT S2000 Printer with "Printer not available" error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to enable IGT S2000 Printer with "Printer not available" error  (Read 10177 times)
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« on: September 16, 2008, 02:21:45 AM »

Hello!

If you just received a new IGT S2000 slot and when you try to Cash Out you get a "Printer not available" - you need to change a setting to enable the printer.

NOTE - when inserting blank tickets into your printer, put the side that says "This Side Up" facing down - the back of the ticket should be facing up.  I know this sounds backwards, but the wording "This Side Up" is meant for when tickets are re-inserted into a Bill Vaildator to add credits to a machine.

You will need to change the setting 7.2.1.1 "Validation Security" setting to "Standard".  Chances are it is currently set to "Enhanced".  You will need a Key Chip to change this setting - if set to "Enhanced", it requries SAS communication before it will payout to validate the payout - thus the "not available" error.

FYI - one way to verify the printer is connected right and working is through the I/O tests do a 4.7.2 Printer test - this should work no matter what the "Validation Security" setting is set to. 

Dan # 2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:33:06 AM »

FYI

Blank tickets are available from Happ - they run $2.25 per 200 sheets/tickets.  I've listed the link below - only problem is the $25 min order.   
You could always order 12 packs   

http://happ.com/cc/27150000.htm

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

bbarnett
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:32:08 PM »

Guys, I'm new to slots.  How do you determine what key chip you need to change the printer settings.  I have a Triple 777 Red Hot, 4 reel machine date of mfg 7/07 model 96438300.
CVslots
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 02:52:19 PM »

Clear 97 & Key 31 will work for you. Menu 7.2.2, Disable/Enable will be your inly options. You actually only need a Key chip (don't clear your machine if you don't have to). What settings are you wanting to change? If it is limits, then that's a different issue.

Does your printer have any lights flashing on it? You may have to take out the top glass to see the printer (towards the front of the printer, there's little lights that are either solid lit or flashing) Before seeing you getting a Key chip, would you mind telling us what is going on? You may just have a printer issue, like no tickets, or the tickets in incorrectly. What happens when you cash out? And what do you want it to do?

bbarnett
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »

I get the printer unavailable message,  it prints out fine when you do the print test.   

Thanks
CVslots
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 05:12:52 PM »

Ok, great. Just didnt wanna see you going through unnecessary troubles!  You can place a Want to Buy ad in our Classifieds or ask any of our Supporting Vendors/Site Spo sors on the HomePage and I'm sure they can get you a Key chip out ASAP.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.