Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  New Life Games Members Get-Togethers & Events.
| |-+  East Coast Events. East of the Mississippi
| | |-+  Chicagoland Coin-op Show Spring 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicagoland Coin-op Show Spring 2010  (Read 44542 times)
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« on: January 29, 2010, 06:19:12 PM »

I have a few ?  where to stay? where to vend  in/out?is it worth the trip  12 hour drive for us?
Thank
Steve
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »

I have a few ?  where to stay? where to vend  in/out?is it worth the trip  12 hour drive for us?
Thank
Steve

http://www.chicagolandshow.com/
klorvinborno
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:56:58 PM »

Steve, I think it depends on what you're looking for out of the show and what you want to buy and/or sell.  St. Charles is about 45 minutes from downtown Chicago.  Staying at the resort is probably the most convenient, however if it was me I would stay in the city.  I've heard they have a special if you stay there to play golf at their course.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:42:25 AM »

We are going to sell  outside but if it rains we drove 12 hrs , rented  truck , hotel and spot could cost us a 1000,1500 b4 we make a dime,inside is safer bet  but out fri you get 1st shot , just got forms today not sure yet weather we,ll go or not , would be nice to meet some of you
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 01:40:36 AM »

Slotsteve,  You may want to save a few bucks and just go to the Mickey-Dees parking lot or what not-- Scratch Head.  Depending on what you are offering etc..  I think I am enough educated on the past shows to say the action is there--- Scratch Head.  The show it self yeilds some great --from what I seen antique treasures and unique items but very pricey on the most part---Just strictly a opinion on my part--Thanks B.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »

If I go i,m planing on  taking some lock n rolls I games and  game kings but again It depends on  my cost ahead weather it will be worth a 12 hour drive Duh! I have a van that holds 8 slots or a 14ft truck that will hold 15, lbs wise  or if I rent  i could take  30  truck rental will cost 1000  plus gas ,
Thanks for inputs
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »

Slotsteve, I have never attended one of these shows. My only knowledge of them comes from the posts and pictures that our members have shared over the years. However, there doesn't seem to be much of a slot machine presence in the shows themselves, particularly with regard to newer machines. They seem to focus on other coin-op products, although you might see a few phony antique machines for sale. Duh!

Most of our members horse trade their slot wares before the show and then just enjoy the show for what it is. Of course, that doesn't mean that they don't buy stuff at the show!  arrow It might be worthwhile to arrange purchases with NLG members in advance and then bring the agreed upon machines with you to the parking lot. Mickey-Dees doesn't charge anything to use their lot, although you might want to buy a cup of coffee. rotflmao rotflmao

Just a thought.

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 12:40:07 PM »

Slotsteve, I have never attended one of these shows. My only knowledge of them comes from the posts and pictures that our members have shared over the years. However, there doesn't seem to be much of a slot machine presence in the shows themselves, particularly with regard to newer machines. They seem to focus on other coin-op products, although you might see a few phony antique machines for sale. Duh!

Most of our members horse trade their slot wares before the show and then just enjoy the show for what it is. Of course, that doesn't mean that they don't buy stuff at the show!  arrow It might be worthwhile to arrange purchases with NLG members in advance and then bring the agreed upon machines with you to the parking lot. Mickey-Dees doesn't charge anything to use their lot, although you might want to buy a cup of coffee. rotflmao rotflmao

Just a thought.

SF garfield

Agree with Post   Having been there about 3 or4 times, Stat is correct. We have a swap/buy meet, before the show.

Ron (273)
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 11:32:43 PM »

Hello all!

Well it's that time again and just over a month away!

The Chicagoland Spring Coin-op Show will be held at Pheasant Run Resort on April 9th, 10th and 11th 2010.  As usual, the NLG pre-meet will be on Saturday the 10th at the McDonald's just to the west and north of the convention center starting at about 7-8 am.  Below is a map of the area and another of the resort/convention center and McDonald's. 

Here is a link for more show info...

http://www.chicagolandshow.com/

Check out the link below for pictures from previous years....

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=viewalbum;id=5

Anyone is welcome to attend...

Dan #2

* CHGOshow1.jpg (364.91 KB, 800x523 - viewed 411 times.)

* CHGOshow2.gif (22.06 KB, 473x278 - viewed 389 times.)

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 01:19:51 AM »

Wish I could, but we're hoping to close on our house at the end of this month -- any weekends after that will be spent cleaning, painting, moving, etc.  Hopefully I can make the fall show.

For those who haven't been, the pre-show meet at the McDonald's parking lot is the best part of the show (in my opinion) -- plan to be there for that if you're going to go.  yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 01:44:58 AM »

Looks like we won't make it either.  bawling  Too many trips planned this year.

The parking lot meet at IS the show for me!

Ron (r273)
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »

This is a show I'd like to see and will see how things go over the next few weeks.  I may just make it there this time...  Which show is better spring or fall?

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
tollguy316
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »

I should be able to make it... So who's got what for sale or trade ???  To answer your question Wayne.... For most who attend the show; the best part is meeting up at the McDonalds a few hours before the show.  You get a chance to meet up with fellow members and at the last show we had about 15 or so attend. There were endless trades and buying going on.  Some members bring free stuff that they no longer need . It's just a great get-together.   I am told that the prices inside the show are a bit better in the spring as the fall show runs closer to Christmas and prices tend to be inflated.   Bill
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 06:17:56 PM »

If I do go, I may bring some glass that I know people will likely want, since I don't ship glass. 

Thanks,
Wayne

slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 07:21:11 PM »

We won,t be making it either I go in hospital for a cath test on mar 24th and if they can,t fix me with that i,m headed for another bypass bawling They sent me a email for the show this week  looks like theres still many spaces open this time ,
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 07:28:06 PM »

We won,t be making it either I go in hospital for a cath test on mar 24th and if they can,t fix me with that i,m headed for another bypass bawling They sent me a email for the show this week  looks like theres still many spaces open this time ,
  Sorry to hear that Steve, I hope everything goes well.

Thanks,
Wayne

bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1006

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »

Steve I hope all goes well and you should slow down till after your tests!

We will be going to the show and have one slightly used Tacman for trade

slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »

Thanks  I had a bypass in 99 was back to work 5 days later  but was 11 years younger than ,I,m hoping just a stent  butI don,t feel that lucky  this time either.,I just want to beable to leave the hospital walking out , not in a bag , I have way to much work here for wife to do alone ,If they can,t do me with a stent,I,ll want bypass right away  cause once I leave there I won,t go back,
kenokarz

Total Karma Storms: 284

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 01:09:33 AM »

i will be at the show with the  last load of ink pens and markers to be had  guys , . steve keep us posted on how things go,
tollguy316

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 01:15:52 AM »

Steve...  everything will work out fine ; stay positive.    Look forward to meeting you at the next show.  Bill
markhart
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

Collecting Antique Slots Since 1969

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 03:25:14 AM »

What day and time frame at Mickey D's?  I know the cash register club sets up at the Holiday Inn across from Colonial Cafe on 64 on Thursday starting at around 10 am. A lot of slots show up there but no newer stuff....all antiques.

Antique Slot Machine Collector Since 1969
Ron (r273)
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 11:19:36 AM »

What day and time frame at Mickey D's?  I know the cash register club sets up at the Holiday Inn across from Colonial Cafe on 64 on Thursday starting at around 10 am. A lot of slots show up there but no newer stuff....all antiques.

Check these posts out.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6980.msg62076#msg62076

I would post anymore questions there.

Ron (r273)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:15:21 AM by CaptainHappy » Logged
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 08:50:56 PM »

The one time I went I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Geneva ( http://www.comfortinngeneva.com/ ).  It's about five minutes away from the resort where the show is, but their rates were a lot cheaper.  The hotel was very nice and, at least to me, well worth the "inconvenience" of not being right at the show.

Edit: I just did a quick search -- for two nights starting on the 9th, the Comfort Inn is $51 cheaper (total) -- beware of the hidden mandatory "resort fee" that the Pheasant Run Resort adds to its room rates.  You can also check out Expedia or similar sites and search for hotels near St. Charles, IL, to find even cheaper rates if you're willing to stay a little further out from the show location (rates starting at $54 a night for hotels about 10 miles out).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:03:54 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 04:13:51 AM »

Check these posts out.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6980.msg62076#msg62076

I would post anymore questions there.

Ron (r273)

I went ahead and merged the two topics in the hopes of keeping all of the information in one post!

Thanks for pointing it out Ron!  Clap

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 08:35:08 AM »

I haven't been to the Chicago show for 10 years - back then the dealing was Friday before the show in the parking lot - semis - moving vans etc full of TREASURES - over the years other mini shows popped up around the show - and the show changed ownership.  Seems like alot more goes on nearby now - MCDs with NLGers?   I am going this year - since the weather in Chicago can't be any worse than we had here in Florida this winter.  Staying at the Holiday Inn express down the street - the Peasant Run hotel is OVER PRICED and was a DUMP last time I stayed there - the water STUNK (you couldn't take a shower unless you liked the smell of sewage).  Look forward to running into some of the NLGers.  I am going as a viewer/buyer - flying up. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.