Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  WMS Slant Video ram clr issue DIAGNOSED / THANKS SLOT DOCS.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WMS Slant Video ram clr issue DIAGNOSED / THANKS SLOT DOCS.  (Read 5212 times)
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« on: February 03, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »

Williams  Slant Top Video... Life of Luxury...OK.. Here's what I just ran into...  The Williams Video screen colors went to a Pinkish and dull coloring... The  "numbers"  in the  lines played,  coins played, winner paid...etc... DISAPPEARED !    However,  the game will play and function.     Put in a Ram Clr... selected (on the touch screen)  No Coin Mech.  1c. denom... and then it will NOT go to  the  "ACCEPT"  /  CONFIRM.       Just for grins... I pulled the Ram Clr,  put the  Xu3  back in...  "incomplete Ram Clr"...

Now...  I took a known working    CPU  and I/O  board... tried to Ram Clr... and it still  will not  go to the ...   ACCEPT /  CONFIRM. 

The Video screen  is still a mottled / dull  coloring with a  dark pink hue.

Is it strictly a  monitor issue...  ?   But why wouldn't it let me get to the  Accept /  Confirm  ....even though I could touchscreen NoCoinAcceptor and then pick 1c.  for denom  and then  stop ??

Any thoughts ?   Thanks.   
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:39:18 PM by cp » Logged
TechSavy
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:11:57 PM »

Are you sure its not Multi Denom LOLux?
cp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:20:05 PM »

Machine was working perfectly  for several months. ...then the video screen went dull.  It was just set for  one cent  denom.   It's the "old"   1.5 Plus. CPU  platform.
TechSavy
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:33:05 PM »

Touch screen could be off a little in that area. WMS 1.5 are never spot on with the touch screen. Or your I/O bored just went bad. It happens
cp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »

Touchscreen working 100%... I am able to select any of the Coin Mech type possible selections and any possible denom selections...just won't go to the  Accept/Confirm.

I also tried a known working  I/O  and another known working  CPU...  ran into the   "dead end"  Accept/confirm no go  issue.
Slot Docs
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 118

Slot Docs (Buddy) (940) 389-4212 Cell

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 04:01:03 AM »

I have encountered this several times on wms SLANT TOPS the problem is a color transistor on your monitor
has gone out causing NO green to display on the monitor, thus no green boxes for accept and confirm, If you
touch where the boxes would normally appear (right below the red box at the top left) then you will probably find it working
Slot Docs
cp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 12:36:26 PM »

Thanks !    I'll  try that today...

by the way... is that green transistor something with a person with a  little (dangerous) knowlege and a soldering iron  can replace ?   where is it located on monitor  chasis ? 
Slot Docs

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »

Well you can try it but I would not recommend it unless you know about safety when working with monitors, and can solder very well The transistor is located on the neck board usually depending an what type of monitor (who Made It) you have they used several different ones.....First of all you would need to remove the monitor from the game, then remove the cage surrounding it......you would then need to discharge the monitor, using a jumper lead (alligator clips on both ends) and a small screwdriver (preferably an insulated one) connect the jumper to the screwdriver, clip the other end to a chassis ground, (metal Frame) then insert the screwdriver under the high voltage suction cup at the top center of the CRT tube where the big red wire is......using the screwdriver (still hooked up to the jumper) find the pins under the suction cup and push them in toward each other while pulling upward on the suction cup. The neck board is the square board at the back of the tube......pull backward on it very slowly and it will come off, be very carefull and don't wiggle it up or down or side to side as you could break the pins it plugs onto.......the green transistor should be the one in the center of the three.......most all monitors use them in this order red, green, blue. Please note that if you attempt this that you are on your own as there are inherent dangers, monitors use extremely high voltages and there is potential for bodily harm...That being said please understand that I assume no responsibilities what so ever should you injure yourself. good luck
Slot Docs

Thanks !    I'll  try that today...

by the way... is that green transistor something with a person with a  little (dangerous) knowledge and a soldering iron  can replace ?   where is it located on monitor  chassis ? 
cp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »

You were spot on correct with the diagnosis !!  Thanks.   The "green"  was not there... but I did touch the area for the final  confirm and accept "area" which, by the way,  was totally black as in  "not there"...and magically  there it was  (accept and confirm showed up in white lettering)   !!

Thanks for the  WARNING /CAUTION  on the monitor...  (I was actually "speaking"  with tongue in cheek  for monitor repairs)   But you are quite correct on the dangers of working on monitors...especially a NON discharged one !   The arc and the spark will knock you backwards ! ! !  Lesson learned 10 yrs ago !
Slot Docs

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 07:10:29 PM »

Hey,
   No Problem, glad I could help out.......when I read your post I said to myself Ah Ha I have seen that a few times
first time I ran across it it drove me nuts for about 1hr till I put a better working monitor in...........
Slot Docs
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.