Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 04:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need help with Cascade of Diamonds
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with Cascade of Diamonds  (Read 11181 times)
Goldfinger
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 31

« on: February 05, 2010, 08:22:44 PM »

I picked up this slant top with a load of machines so I thought I would try to get it up and running it has a special video game in the top box
dose any one have any info ? ie: wiring diagram top box it uses an SP1010 I think
has any one here worked on these? if so can you give me some info
the top box says missing keyboard and the machine has a 64 error code haven't seen this one before.
thanks
Goldfinger

* CascadeofDiamonds1.JPG (113.98 KB, 273x640 - viewed 353 times.)

* CascadeofDiamonds2.JPG (136.32 KB, 383x640 - viewed 342 times.)

If it's to big to fit, just get a bigger hammer
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »

I picked up this slant top with a load of machines so I thought I would try to get it up and running it has a special video game in the top box
dose any one have any info ? ie: wiring diagram top box it uses an SP1010 I think
has any one here worked on these? if so can you give me some info
the top box says missing keyboard and the machine has a 64 error code haven't seen this one before.
thanks
Goldfinger

A 64 error code is the top box is not talking to the S+ board, same as a Barcrest.
The topbox might be looking for a keyboard due to the program not being there or it lost it's BIOS. I know where there are two of those peacefully resting in a warehouse out here...(they do run)....

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
Goldfinger
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:59:26 PM »

I don't really want any more of them, I just wanted to get this one working so I could modify it and install it in an upright cabinet I think it would make a kool upright game a pretty tall one tho. has any one ever seen this one in an upright version ? so do I get a barcrest manual for this one?
thanks
Bob

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:08:10 PM »

It likely needs a battery in the top box.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »

I don't really want any more of them, I just wanted to get this one working so I could modify it and install it in an upright cabinet I think it would make a kool upright game a pretty tall one tho. has any one ever seen this one in an upright version ? so do I get a barcrest manual for this one?
thanks
Bob

It would be fine in a regular/vision style cabinet. The lamps in the top box are NOT part of the game as they stay lit all the time.
The "Bonus Round" is played totally on the LCD monitor. You simply start the round and it goes thru 9 diamonds. Some fall off and others land in the jewelery case.
Thats NOT a bad idea...I can get one for $150 working and complete...
The hard part will be the payglass as the factory one is a round piece of glass...

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 12:35:59 AM »

Probably the same place where I know some are at.  If my memory serves correct the game was pretty ok to play.  B.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 02:00:32 PM »

I don't think that is a Barcrest game. Are there any names/logos other than IGT on it?
If I were to guess, it is an IGT creation after IGT bought Anchor Gaming in .....I think 2001. (It has an Anchor Gaming look)

Goldfinger
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »

I don't think that is a Barcrest game. Are there any names/logos other than IGT on it?
If I were to guess, it is an IGT creation after IGT bought Anchor Gaming in .....I think 2001. (It has an Anchor Gaming look)

and your right that is the name on the top box
Bob

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 02:55:08 AM »

the top box says missing keyboard

Older computers typically wouldn't boot unless they detected a keyboard.  I presume that it's a stand-alone computer in that top box that then talks to the S+ that it's connected to.  Is there a keyboard port anywhere in the computer box assembly that you can hook a PC keyboard up to in order to try and get past that error?  The keyboard would likely be either a PS2 port, or perhaps even the older style AT keyboard.

PS/2 style ports:

AT keyboard connector and plug:

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rslots

Total Karma Storms: 7

I can fix it!

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 07:07:46 PM »

I have had several of these games.  They all had code 64 error when I got them.  I believe the top is Innovative gaming.  The code 64 is a communication error between the s+ & the top (i.e. no communication).  See if you have anything plugged into the motherboard at J12.  Should have wires at P1 (red) & P2 (black).

Jim
Goldfinger
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 07:58:10 PM »

I have had several of these games.  They all had code 64 error when I got them.  I believe the top is Innovative gaming.  The code 64 is a communication error between the s+ & the top (i.e. no communication).  See if you have anything plugged into the motherboard at J12.  Should have wires at P1 (red) & P2 (black).
thanks I will try that when I go to the shop later today
Goldfinger

Goldfinger
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 02:33:42 AM »

The 2 wires were hooked up so still no joy it says no hard drive no floppy deive and no keyboard, do you have any wiring details for the top and bottom cabinet?
Bob

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 03:05:40 PM »

Bob-

If it's saying "No hard drive", you need to open the "box" that has the computer for the top box monitor and see if there's actually a hard drive in there, and make sure that the cables for it (power and data) are firmly and correctly connected.  Again, you may also need to temporarily hook up a computer keyboard to the thing (as I posted a while back) for troubleshooting purposes.  Without a hard drive, however, the top box isn't going to do anything -- from what you've described, it's a computer up there that needs a hard drive to know what to do.  The S+ portion of the machine on its own can't drive the graphics and features of the bonus.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Goldfinger
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »

in the top box there is a computer a 5x86 it has a main board with 3 boards installed in it one is the main mpu the second has the software for the game ie hard drive/board am not sure what the other board is the 1st board has the monitor hooked to it and has ax ports and a keyboard port for a ps2 I will take a ps2 keyboard and hook it to it but what to do after that is beyond me
goldfinger

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 02:10:14 AM »

If it still doesn't boot with the keyboard hooked up, I'd go into the BIOS and check the boot order.  Chances are that after being unplugged for ages that the battery on the computer's motherboard died, causing it to lose its settings.  If it doesn't use a hard drive but rather a card with EPROM chips as its "hard drive", see if there's some way to select that card as the boot source.

If you're not familiar with changing computer BIOS settings, you may want to have a local computer geek friend poke around in the BIOS to see if they can help.

rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 01:17:13 AM »

Here are some pics form a working cascade machine.  Note that I rewired the connector at J12 so the two wires on this machine are not black & red as I mentioned earlier.  Maybe this will help.  Note that the com board plugs into the S+ mother board at J12 and J15. 

* Comm Board.jpg (219.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 320 times.)

* Mother Board Connections.jpg (206.44 KB, 640x480 - viewed 368 times.)

Jim
rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 01:17:52 AM »

more

* Top Computer backside #1.jpg (232.17 KB, 640x480 - viewed 353 times.)

* Top Computer backside #2.jpg (250.21 KB, 640x480 - viewed 392 times.)

Jim
rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 01:18:53 AM »

more

* Top Computer backside #3.jpg (233.74 KB, 640x480 - viewed 330 times.)

* Top Computer backside #4.jpg (233.61 KB, 640x480 - viewed 339 times.)

Jim
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »

rslots- Excellent pictures, hopefully that will help Goldfinger.

Are you able to hook a keyboard up to it and get into the BIOS before the top box boots to see what the BIOS settings are for Goldfinger (boot order and the like)?

rslots

I can fix it!

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 07:37:42 PM »

Don't know what else I can do at this point.  Heading out town for a week. 

Jim
Goldfinger
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 08:24:08 PM »

thanks a lot the pictures are helpfull I will print them out and take them to the shop so try and see what I have missed but the bios settings would be a big help.
thank you for your great help and K+ to you  Hail Hail Hail
Goldfinger

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.