Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  Should I bother VLC 8825
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should I bother VLC 8825  (Read 8222 times)
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« on: February 06, 2010, 11:15:34 PM »

My first slot about 5 years ago was a VLC winning touch 8825. My wife loved it but about two months after we got it the screen went blank and the machine never turned on again. Can anyone help me get this going again?
ruttrunner1
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:18:40 AM »

Your battery is now likely dead. If it is like any other machine I have had it will need some type of Ram cear chip and you will have a hard time finding one for a VLC.
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:36:52 AM »

My first slot about 5 years ago was a VLC winning touch 8825. My wife loved it but about two months after we got it the screen went blank and the machine never turned on again. Can anyone help me get this going again?

WOw, I hate to poop in your cornflakes....
But the VLC's are a pain in the ass to deal with.
VERY few people have the chips to "Clear/reset" them. It's expensive to buy parts for them.
The VLC's dont have much to offer, poor graphics,not great sound. (I have owned 3 of them)
The guys are right, the battery is dea (at the very least) The 8825 has THREE coin style batteries in a piggyback memory board.
By this time the monitor is usually tired, the fans worn out.Hopefully the touch screen is still working..
I wouldnt drop much money in it. Bally Gamemakers and IGT Gamekings are available cheap these days...

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
nphra
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:53:04 AM »

Tell exactly what happen to the machine.
Most likey is your power supply or your power distributor. I study alots this machine. if you need to clear ram. I know a guy.
But first let me know what happen .
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:39:56 AM »

Well my wife and were playing the game for about two months after we got it then one day my wife went to turn the machine on and nothing no sound no picture but the fans come on.

Thanks for any help in getting this going.

Blake
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 12:22:50 AM »

I now own this machine..... I will be working on it in a few weeks if anyone has any ideas what to look into.

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
Fixer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 12:55:07 AM »

Take a peek at the main mother board.  There is a green led on it that should be on steady.  If it is flashing it spells trouble (probably dead batteries).  If it is off completely and you see no signs of life on the board, check your power distribution board or perhaps fuses on the main transformer.
With no sound or video I suspect power issues.
rickh

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 01:05:59 AM »

I have not messed with it yet other than day one.... we powered it up and no video, but the counter was clicking away..... for hours, we just let it go. It finally stopped after several hours and still no video. We saw a pull out drawer with a board in it and 3 batteries.... first thought was replace those.... but we didnt. I decided to cover it and wait till after my trip on the Harley for 2 weeks was over, which it is now. I will try to remember to get some pictures tomorow and some model numbers.... see if its fixable or not.

Thanks fixer Smiley

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »

I have a pile of misc parts for atleast two complete machines .. if some one needs a particular board or harness or power supply

>>except the isolation transformer i kept<< in both machines. I then i gutted them out used them for organ donors for pot of golds
they had 25 miles of wre in each machine . good thing is belly glass is about standard IGT size. monitors had the touch screen epoxiied on like in a bally game maker from factory >>so its a no removal deal <<<--although they both had ELO touch screens the better of the  two brands 3m or elo ...

they were a pain in ass and did not support great graphics--- but in there day they were a good machine .. dont forget its 20 year old technoogy .
they are great for a organ donor steel cabinet with already installed isolation trasformer and tube lights in upper glass and belly glass . and tiny light bulb inside machine when door opens .

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Fixer
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 09:54:15 PM »

Do not pull any batteries.  loosing power on the memory chips will require you to find someone with a zero pal to reset all the memory (see other threads in this forum).
As far as looking at the main board, yes, it is the one on top with the slide.  You should not need to pull it out very far as the green led is towards the front.
I forgot you mentioned the counter clicking away...  It may be a video issue along with something else that is failing before it makes any sound.  It is difficult to see the back of the tube looking for filament glow but perhaps you can detect the screen grid charge building up (some soft crackling followed by a static charge on the front of the tube)  this is difficult as well due to the touch screen but you may see it and be able to tell that the tube is at least getting power.
The biggest overall indicator is what that green led is doing on the main board.

rickh

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »

I hope to look at it this weekend.

rickh

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:20 PM »

There are 3 green LEDs on the front right corner of the board and they are lit up. There are 3 batteries next to the LEDs, I have NOT removed them.

We see also a 12 volt power supply plugged into an extension cord laying in the bottom of the cabinet, plugging into the board on the lower back of the cabinet. I have not checked yet to see if it is working. That is next.

The video screen does not show anything, but touch around the screen and you can hear "clicks" as if it is selecting something. It is a nickel machine, but does not accept coins, they pass right thru.

Fixer
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »

The green led on the left is labeled WD for "watch dog". is it flashing or solid?  Flashing is bad.
The click you hear may be coming from the touch screen controller and not the main mother board.  Durring game play, the sound is sent from the main board to the power supply board.  The power supply board amplifies it and sends it to the large main speaker on the lower half back of the cabinet.   Getting back to the touch screen controller, all that is required for it to make a sound when you touch it is connection to the touchscreen itself and 5VDC.  Take a look at the power distribution board.  It is located under the main board.  You should be able to carefully slide the boards out on the carrier they are mounted on.  There is probably a metal tab on the left side of the chassis that needs pulled up and out of the way.  It is still sounding like a power issue.  Looking at the power distribution board, you may find the problem.
rickh

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 12:00:13 AM »

It is solid.... and we did not remove any batteries....

I will get some pictures.... plus we found a wire that seems torn out of a connector....

Fixer
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 01:23:06 AM »

With a solid green WD light you should be in good shape.  The problem may be isolated to the video circuit itself.  Hopefully fixing the bad wire you found will get it running again.
rickh

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 02:00:07 PM »

FYI... I am making a new post for this machine repair.... it is my project for the day. I have lots of pics, anyone interested in inputting ideas, jump on in. Look for the new post tho.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.