Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Esprit Update
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Esprit Update  (Read 5246 times)
wutsit4
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 12, 2010, 04:09:20 AM »

Greetings again,
My Aristocrat Esprit is still up and running, minus a few odd functions.  I started getting a lot of "Tilts".  Looked at the optics.  Looked at the wiring harness.  Looked at the connectors.  Everything looked good.  Ran the diagnostics to read each reel position.  All looked good.  My wife really enjoys this machine, and I wanted to get it running again.  Decided to look at the computer boards, and cleaned the edge connectors.  They looked pretty good before I touched them.  Decided to remove the motherboard from the cage, and get out the big magnifier light.  The pins all looked to be well soldered in place.  Examined the sockets that the boards plug into... Looked like there was not a lot of tension on the connectors that mate with the boards.  I bent all of the tabs out a bit and put it all back together... Has not tilted since.
Now for a new question.  Using the manual, I can trace functions back to the individual 6821 chips on the computer board.  Replacing these chips got the machine to start working.  Now I have some issues that I think are bad transistors.  The insert coin light never turns off.  The cash box meter will work, but never seems to get the signal to count.  How do I figure out which transistor handles which function.  I followed a wire to a computer pin and tried to follow the trace, but I am not confident doing this by eye.  Can transistors be tested while still on the circuit board, without being powered?  I ran an ohm meter across each one, and all seemed consistent except for one.  I'd like to get the sheet that says what each output device is connected to by part number, before I start swapping them on a hunch.  In case anyone is interested, I've included my latest tally sheet from this machine.
Thanks again for all of your past help.
   Keith

* Slot Log 2.pdf (109.63 KB - downloaded 202 times.)

Basement holds Bally Eight Ball, Williams Grand Prix, Stern/Seeburg Dragonfist, Gottlieb Diamond Jack, Midway Chopper (helicopter), Williams Bonanza (shooter), United Shuffle Alley, Seeburg 222 jukebox, IGT Aristocrat Esprit that was recently resurrected,  (Only took 10 years to get the Esprit running), and a Bally GameMaker.
imbeyondhlp
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »

can u help me with some manuals 4 mine
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »

Greetings Imbeyondhlp,

Unfortunately those manuals are hard to come by in E format.  I had to buy a paper copy off EBay for mine.  But it doesn't hurt to keep asking. 

Good luck with your machine.

Mark   

Its Always Something...
imbeyondhlp
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 06:49:13 AM »

do you by chance know the values of the 3 big power resistors on the powersupply specificly r-7 its the one with only one ceramic leg on it mine is burnt in half on none of the drawings have values on them thanx
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 11:55:59 PM »

Hi Carl,

Here is the info you are looking for:

R3 says:
XW2
270R
K
It reads 270 ohms on my meter.

R4 and R7 are the same, it says:
XW2
R22
K

They both read almost a short, about 0.3 ohms on my meter.

Good luck.   Burning Resistor

Mark

Its Always Something...
imbeyondhlp
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 04:24:50 AM »

thank you verry much mark! the smoking resistor is a nice touch too, lol! i guess thats what happens when you wrap tin foil around the burnt out fetoon lamps that dumb @#$%! the previous owner that is. now i can se what else is burnt.
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 02:40:36 PM »

Glad to help.  I guess its a little understandable that those lamps might be mistaken for a fuse.

On mine I removed the festoon lamps and installed LEDs, with a resistor, on the "top" side of the board, it gives much nicer illumination.

Good luck.

Mark

* before.jpg (10.62 KB, 640x204 - viewed 210 times.)

* after.jpg (19.42 KB, 640x284 - viewed 220 times.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:27:45 PM by MarkInAz » Logged

Its Always Something...
imbeyondhlp
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 01:42:47 AM »

good idea mark thanx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.