Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  CHAMII+ & Bally S-6000 Settings
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHAMII+ & Bally S-6000 Settings  (Read 38300 times)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »

From the PSP manual

Bally
Older machines (E series) were only capable of one progressive JP, so they used the short coin, long JP method. Recommended machine type is M-00 or M-05.
Newer machines (5000 and newer series) support two interface styles. One style is a relay board capable of up to three JPs. Recommended machine type is M-00 or M-05 if coin and JP0 are multiplexed on the same line, or M-02 if coin and JP0 are on separate lines. The other style interface is an RS-232 port. This is used with the Multicomm and supports multiple JPs and Nevada Reg. 14 signals. Recommended machine type is M-05 with machine serial set for MS01.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
m79crew
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

never forget

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 01:19:24 AM »

Hi all,

Some info to think about
A TYPICAL RS485 network requires terminating resistors on the line to allow the processor to know where the last node is.
Most devices today have the resistor built in and is activated by a dipswitch. I'm no expert on this.
See link for more info on this subject.

Good luck as networkiing devices can always be a pain in the  SpongeBob Butt

Markhttp://www.newlifegames.net/uploads/up/rs485.pdf
Worldwide Gaming
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: -11

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »

IT'S WORKING!!!  With the settings listed above.

Clap

The 485 link was fine - the issue was in the serial link. Turned out that the optocoupler installed was the WRONG model!   bust gut laughing

It was in a final bout of frustration that I pulled the thing out to stomp on it - and noticed that the silkscreening looked different than what I had seen previously.  Replaced it with the correct model and POW, everything started working  Cry Laughing

stormrider
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »

Glad to hear  applause
I knew it was a matter of time  Clap

Tim

The Wave
Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »

I think this calls for a celebration involving beerz...   yes   yes   yes

Who's all coming?

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2010, 07:29:01 PM »

IT'S WORKING!!!  With the settings listed above.

Clap

The 485 link was fine - the issue was in the serial link. Turned out that the optocoupler installed was the WRONG model!   bust gut laughing

It was in a final bout of frustration that I pulled the thing out to stomp on it - and noticed that the silkscreening looked different than what I had seen previously.  Replaced it with the correct model and POW, everything started working  Cry Laughing
Congratulations  on getting it going!  applause applause
What model chip was the wrong one and what was the correct one? Scratch Head

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Slottex

Total Karma Storms: 120

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »

Stat, Is your Opto part# 4N35 and is located in the right place on jackpot 1 ?
StatFreak

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »

I just double checked, and the answer is yes to both questions. yes
Do the coin out pulses go through the optocoupler, or only the jackpot signal? The wiring diagram would seem to suggest that both do.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »

4N35 is the correct chip

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »

Dancing Party Ecstatic / Top Award Congratulations

Great great job Kar!!!! Clap Clap Clap Clap applause applause applause
I'm so happy you go it going!!!!
You saved it from the Mississippi!!!!  Crazy Whee!!! Tongue Out
Slottex

Total Karma Storms: 120

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2010, 09:31:53 PM »

I do not know about the pulses , I remember a few years back that i was told that Bally 18 setting had to be set to 1 to trigger some units , I had the problem your having and it bailed me out ( GO FIGURE THESE DAMN THINGS  no)
StatFreak

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010, 06:18:42 AM »

As soon as I get my new cable finished I will try all of the 18 settings and see what happens. Here's hoping..  Jumping for Joey (or is that hopping? Tongue Out)

Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »

You saved it from the Mississippi!!!!  Crazy Whee!!! Tongue Out

I was actually starting to look forward to booting it in there.  Now I've got to find something else....    Hmmmm.....   Scratch Head

Firebird

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2010, 04:37:25 AM »

Hi Stat, I have 4 of the bally 5500's all with standalone progressives, on the backplane boards of all 4 games there are 2 relays on every one, one is in the jackpot1 slot and the other is in the total in slot, does your games have 2 of these relays or just the one. I have found out that one of these is for the coin in, and the other is to trigger the jackpot on the chamII.
StatFreak

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2010, 07:59:39 AM »

Hi Stat, I have 4 of the bally 5500's all with standalone progressives, on the backplane boards of all 4 games there are 2 relays on every one, one is in the jackpot1 slot and the other is in the total in slot, does your games have 2 of these relays or just the one. I have found out that one of these is for the coin in, and the other is to trigger the jackpot on the chamII.

I definitely don't have a relay in the Total In slot. There is nothing in the manual or printed on the board to indicate which pin holes the relay would even plug into. Scratch Head
Is it the same type of relay (4N35) and is it plugged into the same group of pins?

Firebird

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »

it is the same relay, plugged in the same way as the jp1, ours will not work without the second relay
StatFreak

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2010, 09:42:39 AM »

it is the same relay, plugged in the same way as the jp1, ours will not work without the second relay

Perhaps I should order a new relay from Mouser or MCM and see if it makes a difference. stir the pot / get cooking

Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2010, 01:03:08 PM »

Changing the spot the relay went in was one of the early steps I took in trying to get my sign working.  Of course, at that time, I didn't know that I had the wrong optocoupler plugged in...  I didn't try a replacement part in any of the remaining spots after I got it working.  However, my understanding was they were for signaling additional levels of jackpots beyond the standard setups.   Scratch Head

Firebird

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2010, 09:38:10 PM »

hey stat, if you get some of those relays, get 2 of them and put one in the jp1 slot and put the other in the total in slot, let me know if this works for you
StatFreak

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »

hey stat, if you get some of those relays, get 2 of them and put one in the jp1 slot and put the other in the total in slot, let me know if this works for you

I already have one in the JP1 slot. I was going to order one to put in the Total In to see if two relays would solve my problem. I have my fingers crossed. stir the pot / get cooking

Firebird

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2010, 05:02:26 AM »

I also have the settings we use for our 5500's, the settings we use are- 02-0002, 07-0001, 18-0003, 78L-0001, the mikohn setting we use are on page 1 of the psp program and are as follows  F1     F2      F3     F4      F5      F6      F7     F8       F9      F10
                                                    send   load   sngl   m-02   4sec   jpo    $$$$  nofl     help    exit
these are the setting for our 5500's and all of them have the chamII+ boards in them, give these a try and let me know what happens
StatFreak

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:17 AM »

Does anyone know the exact part number from Mouser? There are way too many variations of the 4N35 to know which one to buy. Scratch Head

StatFreak

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2010, 01:17:58 PM »

<EDIT>

I posted my resolution here earlier this morning, but Bunker reminded me that my settings were for the 5500, not the 6000, so I split the posts into a new thread.
CHAMII+ & Bally S-5500 Settings

Thanks again guys. wave applause

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:42:12 PM by StatFreak » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.