Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:42:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Saferam clear problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saferam clear problem  (Read 9194 times)
idylewild1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« on: October 19, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »

I have a V7000 gamemaker and did a saferem clear. With the clear chip intalled and switch 8 on I powered on the machine. A message appear saferam clear enabled. Swithed audit key and machine said saferam cleared restart machine. I remove the clear chip from P10 and reset switch. Reinstalled MPU and turned on machine. A message appears "graphics changed use old grapgics to view meters, or clear saferam to use new graphics". I have tried this five or six times with same results. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 06:19:18 PM »

you need switch 6-7-8 to do a full ram clear  yes

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
idylewild1

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 06:30:53 PM »

Tried saferam clear with 6,7,8 on ---- same results. Any ideas.

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 09:00:57 PM »

Check your battery voltage.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 09:29:47 PM »

Just checked the maual and it says dips 1-8 on with your clearchip in P10. Then keyswitch, turn machine off, all dips off and replace game in P10 then turn on and go into the setup. Some Mains are finicky so I have always flipped all dips everytime, easier to remember too!

Dan (tacman)

idylewild1

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 01:40:49 PM »

Battery low voltage was the problem. Thanks a69mopar for the input. Thanks to all for thier help.

a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »

No problem, I'm glad you got it working.

Thanks,
Wayne

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 09:33:02 AM »

Pardon me for reviving an old thread, but does anyone know what each of the SW1 switches is doing during a SafeRam clear?  The instructions that I downloaded from an older post state to use only 7 and 8, and that seems to work for me, but the manual says to use all of them -- so that has me wondering what the others are for?

I'm also wondering if it's possible to do a game change without a complete SafeRam clear?

Thanks.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
whinkle
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

V Rocks!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »

Hi Stat... I don't know too much about this game because I just got mine also.  I think it must depend on your version of mains because I didn't have to use my set/clear chip at all when I changed out my games.  All I did was turn all my dips on, installed my new games, turned the machine on, turned it back off, turned the dips back off, put the mpu back in, turned the machine back on and just had to enable the new games.  I was all ready to put the set/clear chip in but it never told me to install it and when I turned the machine back on, all my new games showed up.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:47:59 PM by whinkle » Logged
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »

Stat, if you look at the manual it will give you a list of at least a few dips. I think #2 is for sound and #4 is for bet deck??? I think. I just flip them all up on both clear procedures because then its easier to remember to flip them all down afterwards and not forgetting one, but thats just me.  arrow

Dan (tacman)

Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 112

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »

When you do a complete clear on the Gamemaker, you use 7 & 8 on dipswitch 1.  When you are changing out a game, just use #8 on dipswitch 1.
Pokernut
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »

When you flip ds1 sw7 (as well as 8) and do a clear, it clears the flash memory for the cabinet type etc.  without sw7 it retains that info.

Thanks,
Wayne

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 03:15:51 AM »

When you do a complete clear on the Gamemaker, you use 7 & 8 on dipswitch 1.  When you are changing out a game, just use #8 on dipswitch 1.
Pokernut
When you flip ds1 sw7 (as well as 8) and do a clear, it clears the flash memory for the cabinet type etc.  without sw7 it retains that info.

Thanks,
Wayne

I tried a partial clear using switch 8 only, and it works as long as only 9 games are used. It did allow me to configure the multi-denominations for the new games, but the catch-22 is that I can't configure the last game in P10. It doesn't have a game there to set, and it doesn't remember any chip that is removed for the clear.

I even tried putting the clear in P9 after setting up games 1-9 with the clear in P10. This worked and allowed me to set up the chip in P10, but, of course, when I replaced the P9 game, it had lost it's settings. The cool thing that I learned is that it really doesn't matter into which P slot the Clear chip is inserted. The machine seems happy to find it anywhere.

However, to have all 10 games running after any game change does seem to require a full clear, at least with the 22 mains that I'm running. Since the only setting required for the new games is to choose the denominations for the game, it would make sense that the partial clear using only sw8 would work with single denomination mains.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Slotmaster

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »

Does anyone know how to get past an options locked after clearning?   I have one board that I can't get it to unlock the options, I changed the mains and Graphics but that did not help etc.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »

Thanks,
Wayne

also always check your battery voltage on them as it can cause problems.

Thanks,
Wayne

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.