Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ payout
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ payout  (Read 5415 times)
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: February 27, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »

I put new game chips in my slot machine and now the credits don't accumulate, they are immediately payed out.  How can I change the game so that the credits accumulate?  Help
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »

Press the cash/credit button one time for the quick fix, or go back into settings for the chip in question and select the correct credit option. Tell us what game chip you have and we can tell you exact instructions on how to change it to what you want.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 12:34:24 AM »

Chip is an 0872 for a 5 times pay slot.  Could you please explain how to set the correct credit option.  Thanks
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 02:16:35 AM »

Turn off the machine.
Pull out the hopper.
Remove the MPU tray located against the back wall by pulling straight up on the black knob on the tray.
Check the DIP switches located in the lower left corner of the board.
Make sure that switches 1-3 are turned ON, and 4-8 are turned OFF.
Replace the board. Make sure that it is well seated in the motherboard. It's the small board on the floor of the machine that the MPU plugs into.
Replace the hopper.

Turn on the machine.
With NO credits on the machine, open the door and press the white test button three times. It is located next to the power switch or mounted on the back side of it.

You should see "5  n*" in the credit (or winner paid) window and "0" in the coins-in window.
* where n = 0 to 3.
Press the spin button until you see "5  0" in the credit window.

Turn the jackpot reset key 3 times -- until you see "8   n" in the credit window, and "0" in the coins-in window.
This time n = 0 to 2.
Press the spin button until you see "8  1" in the credit window.

Press the white test button about 9 times, until you see a "7" in the coins-in window for the first time.
The number in the winner paid (or credit?) window is the hopper limit.
 -- Pressing the spin button changes the flashing digit. Turning the jackpot key changes the selected digit.
Set the hopper limit as you wish. Any single win over this value will be treated as a jackpot and the machine will go into a handpay. Any smaller wins will go to the meter or the hopper. This value is also the maximum number of credits that you can have on the machine.

Press the test button once. There should still be a "7" in the coins-in window.
The number in the winner paid (credit?) window is the bill validator limit. Set this as above.

Press the test button once. The coin-in window will read "8"
The number in the WP/Credit window is the number of coins paid to the hopper/credit meter when a jackpot occurs. (partial pay)
Set this as you wish. Most of us set this to 0.

Press the test button once.
Close the door.

You're done.

SF garfield
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:24:03 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 02:22:23 AM »

Check the "Submit a new File" section for a copy of the PSR for your SP872. propeller

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »

I was able to get my machine to build up credits but I was not able to change the amount of payout.  I was able to change several of my other machines to the payout I wanted, but not on this machine.  When I get to the credit amount already in the machine it is set on 600 coin payout, I get no flashing digit to change the payout.  I hit the spin button and nothing happens and  I have tried the reset key to advance the digit but no flashing digit to reset. Any ideas on what might fix this I can live with the lower payout but would like to get it up to 1000.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:48:56 PM »

You need to turn on DIP switches 1 and 2

Open Door.
Turn Power Off (you dont you will be sorry)
Remove Coin Tray
Remove Hopper
Remove the MPU
Find the DIP switch
Turn on 1, 2 is already on
Install MPU
Install Hopper
Install Coin Tray
Turn Power on
wait for it to boot and change the setting
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:54:04 PM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 12:15:17 AM »

Could you tell me the location of the dip switches on the mother board and what they look like?  Does it say off and on, or is it just the position of the switch?

Thanks
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 12:25:06 AM »

These changes have to be made with NO CREDITS on the machine. Pull out the MPU board (silver tray in the back with a knob in the middle) Lable is on the tray most of the time telling you the switch settings. The dip switch is a small blue or black box with little white switches. on and off is marked. Remove and install this board with power off !!!!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »

Eight (8) little tiny small switches...
use a magnifying glass...there's usually a tiny, tiny little small arrow
painted on top that shows you which way is "ON" or "OFF".

* dipswitches.png (150.21 KB, 525x443 - viewed 284 times.)

* dips.png (185.14 KB, 178x416 - viewed 297 times.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:03:12 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 01:30:44 AM »

Thanks, that fixed the problem.   I noticed that on another post in this section it was stated that dip 1-4 on 5-8 off.  What is the difference?  Hail Hail Hail
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:00:06 AM by B-52BadByron » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 03:59:54 AM »

The switches have slightly different uses or are not used at all, depending the the SP (game) chip that you have installed. There is usually a sticker on the MPU tray that shows the most common settings that apply to older SP chips for the switches, however their use will vary by game chip. The PSR for each game chip gives the definitive answer as to how to set them when that chip is used.

You might also want to check out Rick's FAQ section. It has lots of information on the S+ that you might find helpful.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.