Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  GigaTouch Windows Based Game
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GigaTouch Windows Based Game  (Read 4813 times)
samvong714
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 04, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »

Hello all,  I am new to NLG and not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. But anyways I am needed assitance with these windows based game slot system. I own a gigatouch game witch is  a muilti game system run off a windows embedded pc. My question is how do you get the darn bill acceptor to work. how do connect it to the harnesss.. when i bought it didnt not come with any manual or anything somebody please help thanks.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »

Welcome to  nlg, Samvong.

I'm not familiar with a GigaTouch machine.  A quick Google search suggests that perhaps it's a cherrymaster/8-liner type of game?  If you could post a few pictures of your machine, that might help our members recognize what you're working on and perhaps be able to give you some assistance.

Please Post Pictures

Edit: I'm not familiar with the company, but I found a company that sells the machine you're talking about -- if nothing else, perhaps you can obtain a manual and/or get assistance from them in getting your bill acceptor up and running: http://www.glastore.com/game/giga-touch

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
samvong714

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »

Unfortunalty i dont have the machine set up currently i am also having issue's related to the touchscreen controller not being microtouch compaitble.  I will post some pictures shortly when I have it all together. I tried contacting the manufactur but with those guys it's like pulling teeth trying to getting information about it what will work and what wont . I think they just want me to buy the products from them and not no other company where i can get the some parts cheaper. But basically it is  windows machine that runs of a typical PC motherboard and has hard drive  and another small PCB board that hooks up to a usb port that plugs into the usb port of the motherboard the wiring harness is hoooked up tooo  i am geussing the bill acceptor and extra buttons and such hook up to this thing some how...
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 12:03:17 AM »

from memory giga touch is a hard drive based game --similiar to a MERIT COUNTERTOP --JVL-COUNTERTOP MIDWAY INFINITY COUNTERTOP ETC ..

every machine from every co. normally buys parts unique to that game .

in simple terms JVL may only use a 3m microtouch screen .. if you try a ELO touch screen it will never work !!
the software was never written into the software to recognize it etc .

as far as the old standby MERIT COUNTERTOP models --they installed drivers for both ELO & 3M MICROTOUCH TOUCH SCREENS ON MANY MACHINES .

JVL USED ELO & 3M IN THERE CONCORDE 1 & 2 MACHINES .. then discontinued use of the more expensive ELO SCREEN .

MIDWAY/WILLIAMS ARCADE touch screens USED 3M MICROTOUCH TOUCH SCREENS .

AS FAR AS THE GIGA TOUCH ?? are you running a complete factory game or a partial part of the game hoping it will work ??

in simple terms are you running the hard drive or cd-rom etc connected to a aftermarket touch screen ?? if so it may be your using a ELO TOUCH SCREEN

when the machine only works with 3m microtouch !! hope your understanding how this is going ???

if its similar to a JVL machine and runs a cd-rom with a flash drive card -same as simm card in some camera's the game boots off the cd-rom then alternates to the flash drive so there are no moving parts etc . which was the downfall of all the counter top games --running a cd-rom spinning away all day long !!

then some went to hard drive ==same affect spinning away all day long ..
 JVL made the best set up to date and were the first out with cd-rom -then flash card memory !!

as to hooking up a bill val. or dbv etc it sounds like you only have a partial part of the giga touch game -
hoping if you just hook up a touch screen it will work ?? there is alot more to the games than you may think !!

pictures always help and parts used and part numbers always help .

AS I TELL ANYBODY UNSURE OF WHAT YOUR DOING TAKE A DIGITAL CAMERA AND TAKE 100 PICTURES OF EVERY PLUG -WIRE - BUTTON -ETC
once you take it appart and forget how it goes back together this will save you .

HAVE A LINK TO GAMES SIMILAR TO GIGA TOUCH GAMES --THEY ALL RUN CODEC KEYS ALONG WITH THE HARD DRIVE !!

so to start discussing CODEC KEYS lets find out what ya got with some pictures .. then myself or some other member can explain why "CODEC KEYS " ARE USED ..

one reason CODEC KEYS are used  is so you cant copy the hardrive or cd-rom and play it on your computer lol

hope this helps
rocket

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 12:18:44 AM »

to put the fast answer to a codec key
the man woman --people who wrote the software on the hard drive made it so it will only open with a part called a CODEC KEY !

THE CODEC KEY CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED FROM THE GAME MAKER !!! MEANING GIGA TOUCH --MERIT -JVL--MIDWAY ETC .
if you dont have the codec key or some call it security chip ? the game will never open up and play !!

every time you update the game software it has a new codec key to use so that its uniquie to that game . putting a stop to pirating games !!

CODEC KEYS ARE GREAT !!>>>>>> i have a peculiar mind at times <<<< to build a item with a particular codec key I only know the code !!
its used in many applications as you can imagine to save games from being copied to save missiles from exploding !!!

but each game maker MERIT -JVL-MIDWAY/WILLIAMS -POT OF GOLD -- ALL USE A TYPE OF SECURITY CHIP OR CODEC BUTTON .

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
samvong714

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »

from memory giga touch is a hard drive based game --similiar to a MERIT COUNTERTOP --JVL-COUNTERTOP MIDWAY INFINITY COUNTERTOP ETC ..

every machine from every co. normally buys parts unique to that game .

in simple terms JVL may only use a 3m microtouch screen .. if you try a ELO touch screen it will never work !!
the software was never written into the software to recognize it etc .

as far as the old standby MERIT COUNTERTOP models --they installed drivers for both ELO & 3M MICROTOUCH TOUCH SCREENS ON MANY MACHINES .

JVL USED ELO & 3M IN THERE CONCORDE 1 & 2 MACHINES .. then discontinued use of the more expensive ELO SCREEN .

MIDWAY/WILLIAMS ARCADE touch screens USED 3M MICROTOUCH TOUCH SCREENS .

AS FAR AS THE GIGA TOUCH ?? are you running a complete factory game or a partial part of the game hoping it will work ??

in simple terms are you running the hard drive or cd-rom etc connected to a aftermarket touch screen ?? if so it may be your using a ELO TOUCH SCREEN

when the machine only works with 3m microtouch !! hope your understanding how this is going ???

if its similar to a JVL machine and runs a cd-rom with a flash drive card -same as simm card in some camera's the game boots off the cd-rom then alternates to the flash drive so there are no moving parts etc . which was the downfall of all the counter top games --running a cd-rom spinning away all day long !!

then some went to hard drive ==same affect spinning away all day long ..
 JVL made the best set up to date and were the first out with cd-rom -then flash card memory !!

as to hooking up a bill val. or dbv etc it sounds like you only have a partial part of the giga touch game -
hoping if you just hook up a touch screen it will work ?? there is alot more to the games than you may think !!

pictures always help and parts used and part numbers always help .

AS I TELL ANYBODY UNSURE OF WHAT YOUR DOING TAKE A DIGITAL CAMERA AND TAKE 100 PICTURES OF EVERY PLUG -WIRE - BUTTON -ETC
once you take it appart and forget how it goes back together this will save you .

HAVE A LINK TO GAMES SIMILAR TO GIGA TOUCH GAMES --THEY ALL RUN CODEC KEYS ALONG WITH THE HARD DRIVE !!

so to start discussing CODEC KEYS lets find out what ya got with some pictures .. then myself or some other member can explain why "CODEC KEYS " ARE USED ..

one reason CODEC KEYS are used  is so you cant copy the hardrive or cd-rom and play it on your computer lol

hope this helps
rocket

Thanks for all the help You must be very knowledgeable in gaming  systems . Actually  I have about  15 years in IT PC/Linux unix systems adminstration and just barely  learning the arciac systems  and how slots  are made and maintaned. I am really knew to builidng slots and still learning the ropes and terminology .  i chose gigatouch system to building because the similiarity to fatman games we have here in the texas market .  To resolve the monitor issue I am having I just ordered another monitor that is 3m microtouch capable and after speaking with the manufacurer of the game they said all 3m microtouch monitors will work with the system ..  I am running a complete system i purchased the kit witch came with the motherboard hard drive and a windows embeded dinkey usb (CODEC KEY) , wiring harness PCB , wiring harneses (buttons , in and out meter, knock switch,) and Power supply. I wsas told all i needed was a cabinet monitor and bill acceptor.  I will post some pictures later in the day on  the questions I was having regarding the bill acceptor.  I've actually never hooked up a bill acceptor because the other 5 gold touch/ southern gold games already had them working . But i seeing the same type of conecction in the wiring harness ass the gold touch games.  Thanks for all the help everybody
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.