Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:19:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Slant Top Vaildator door access problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Slant Top Vaildator door access problem  (Read 8970 times)
sgtvan
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

The cheese stands alone

« on: March 08, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »

I just got a IGT S+ slant top.  I have the S+ manual for the non-slant top version and have had great success in getting it tweaked out and running great.  However...  I can not figure out how to access the bill validator.  There is a hole where it appears a lock should be.  I have stuck my finger in and felt around and do not understand how the latch mechanism works. My manual, has no slant top unique diagrams or instructions.

Please forgive the noob nature of the question, but how do I gain access to the bill validator/stacker door if there is no lock installed?  the door does not simply pull open.  perhaps someone can describe or show a picture of an open door so that I can figure out how to activate the latch by perhaps drilling a hole near it.

I have researched on here and other places and can not find any help to this specific problem.

Thanks in advance for helping me!
sgtvan

The cheese stands alone

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:19 PM »

I just got a IGT S+ slant top.  I have the S+ manual for the non-slant top version and have had great success in getting it tweaked out and running great.  However...  I can not figure out how to open the bill validator door.  There is a hole where it appears a lock should be.  I have stuck my finger in and felt around and do not understand how the latch mechanism works. My manual, has no slant top unique diagrams or instructions.

Please forgive the noob nature of the question, but how do I gain access to the bill validator/stacker door if there is no lock installed?  the door does not simply pull open.  perhaps someone can describe or show a picture of an open door so that I can figure out how to activate the latch by perhaps drilling a hole near it.

I have researched on here and other places and can not find any help to this specific problem.

Thanks in advance for helping me!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:13:57 PM »

There is a S+ slant top mech parts manual in the Submit a new file section.
Hope it will help you out.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »

Since there's no lock in the hole, there's also no latch
because the latch attaches to the end of the lock.
Stick a wrench in there, turn it 90 degrees to grip both
sides of the hole and yank on it!
The door should come flying open!
It's only held closed by a squeeze tab on the side.
sgtvan

The cheese stands alone

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:01:54 PM »

Very Awesome.  I will give it a shot.  Thank You so much!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »

Been there and done that... The first one is always the hardest! It is really an ART! Duh! Duh! Duh!

You have to stick your finger in about an inch plus or minus and bend it so that it is parallel to the door. Then slide your finger down (or up, don't remember) until you hit a metal piece that you have to push to release the latch. It takes some pressure as the spring on the latches are usually pretty strong. Once you push this lever the door latch will release and you are in like flynn! You will probably install a lock pretty quick as it is tough on the old finger! Crazy bust gut laughing

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »

Welcome to  nlg!

I only worked on a slant top once, and really can't remember if there's a latch for the bill door or not.  (Edit: I see that  CaptainHappy knew the answer for you!)

For what it's worth, another thing on the slant top I had trouble figuring out was how to open the area where the award glass is.  It swings open -- the hinge is at the top of the machine, and if you reach in where the player tracking bar is, there's a pin at the bottom center of the glass.  Pull the pin down and the "door" of the glass will flap open.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »

Use you little finger and stick it in the hole and back toward the door, then lift up on the small shelf you feel as it slides down to latch the door, if you put a lock in it make sure you put a 180 degree turning lock in there, the cam will lift that sliding shelf, pics attached the first one is door open and upside down, second the way to get it open with your finger, if you have done the wrench thing and need a door, we have them

* Trip Dia Backlit Strips 007.jpg (162.5 KB, 480x640 - viewed 348 times.)

* Trip Dia Backlit Strips 009.jpg (127.21 KB, 480x640 - viewed 317 times.)

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »

Welcome to  nlg, sgtvan.

Your question was also answered by different folks here, as you posted the exact same question in two different places.  In the future, please avoid doing that as it can create exactly what happened here -- multiple people responding to your question even though it had already been answered.  Our members routinely check out all of the sections of the board, so even if your first request was miscategoriezed, it will be noticed and moved (if necessary) to the appropriate section of the board by an admin.  Not a big deal, but just letting you know.

Again, welcome to the site -- you'll find a lot of great people with a lot of great information for home ownership of slot machines here.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:02:33 AM by StatFreak » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 09:25:06 PM »

Ooops, I guess the wrench thing was no good!  rotflmao Crazy
Thanks Blueridge! Hail applause
sgtvan

The cheese stands alone

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 09:59:24 PM »

Welcome to  nlg, sgtvan.

Your question was also answered by different folks here, as you posted the exact same question in two different places.  In the future, please avoid doing that as it can create exactly what happened here -- multiple people responding to your question even though it had already been answered.  Our members routinely check out all of the sections of the board, so even if your first request was miscategoriezed, it will be noticed and moved (if necessary) to the appropriate section of the board by an admin.  Not a big deal, but just letting you know.

Again, welcome to the site -- you'll find a lot of great people with a lot of great information for home ownership of slot machines here.

I apologize.  I'll refrain from double posting in the future.  I had meant to delete the first post, but realized too late that wasn't an option.   Sad

I am super impressed with the repository of knowledge here.  I'm still stuck at work and am about beside myself waiting to get home and dig into my machine.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:02:15 AM by StatFreak » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »

You don't go sticking any wrenches in there!! lol
I'm sorry, I thought the doors were like S+'s or S2000's.
I didn't know there was ANOTHER LATCH in there!
Jim's a lifesaver! He saved my behind...and he'll probably save it many more times too!  Tongue Out

You see how he posted good high def pictures of the inside of a door?
You need to pick up a nice camera on the way home...lol
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »

I apologize.  I'll refrain from double posting in the future.  I had meant to delete the first post, but realized too late that wasn't an option.   Sad

I am super impressed with the repository of knowledge here.  I'm still stuck at work and am about beside myself waiting to get home and dig into my machine.

No worries.  Glad you didn't force the door open with a wrench!

Sounds like you've got the Slot Machine bug that most of us do.  Smiley  You've barely scratched the surface of the knowledge here, and we'll be ready and able to help if you need more information about your machine.  Welcome again.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 02:59:08 AM »

Welcome to  nlg, sgtvan.

I thought that it was Deja Vu!!!!  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I merged the two topics so that all of the posts are in one place now at least.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:01:51 AM by StatFreak » Logged

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 04:07:15 AM »

I removed the circular reference from the three posts that pointed to the old thread before the merge.

That way people won't be clicking in circles. Crazy Weird Eyes

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »

I removed the circular reference from the three posts that pointed to the old thread before the merge.

That way people won't be clicking in circles. Crazy Weird Eyes

SF garfield

I thought about it as well, but I decided to leave it in as a game!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing You are just a NICE guy!!!  Crazy Crazy Crazy K+

CH CaptainHappy

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »

Very Awesome.  I will give it a shot.  Thank You so much!

So, SGTVAN, Do you have magical fingers now???  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

We hope that it worked, and must warn you that the fun has just started here for you!!! bust gut laughing We like to have fun and learn at the same time!  Clap

CH CaptainHappy

sgtvan

The cheese stands alone

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 03:52:03 PM »

Yea! It worked!  I was fearing the worst.  On my vending machines if I cant get in with the keys it means an hour of drilling.  Ack. 

Although I've been able to play some on it, I've found some issues needing correction.  Good Times.  It seems to be a Russian nested can of worms. 

It took four of us and two cases of beer to carry the B*****d in so I'm commited to it!

I did print out the slant top manual referred to above for future reference.  I had looked on there before, can't beleive I didn't see it.  I guess file searching is like shooting the squirrels breaking into your truck, you shouldn't do it when you're tired.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 05:11:32 PM »

I'm wondering if the machine would of been lighter without the 2 full beer cases on top
but I'm sure it could not have been done any other way.... bust gut laughing
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:43:43 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »

I'm wondering if the machine machine would of been lighter without the 2 full beer cases on top
but I'm sure it could not have been done any other way.... bust gut laughing

Don't forget the weight of the other three people on there, too.  Must have been a bear to move.   rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.