Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 10:04:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  EBay and other online auction sites news and info.
| |-+  Craigs List (Moderator: Brianzz)
| | |-+  Found on Craigs List
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Found on Craigs List  (Read 422143 times)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #475 on: January 12, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »

This isn't too bad -- a PE+ slant top with a superboard for $200 in Minneapolis.  The downside is that it's in a basement and has to get up a flight of stairs.  Duh!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/1547336641.html

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Gusco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 19

« Reply #476 on: January 13, 2010, 01:48:49 AM »

Holy cow! it says its 750 lbs. (typo ?)  i cant see it being that hevy. Maybe 350-400 lbs. Then again i never had to move one so i dunno.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  —John Wayne
Brianzz
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #477 on: January 13, 2010, 01:51:57 AM »

My last slant was 374 pds but it was a reel.. maybe more for video? Although I'm not seeing an additional 300 pounds

But pulling 375 pounds up steps could feel like 750... I only had 2 steps and I thought I was going to die
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #478 on: January 13, 2010, 03:47:33 AM »

The load could be lightened by removing the monitor, the hopper, the coin-in parts, and the belly door.  It'd still be heavy, though.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #479 on: January 13, 2010, 05:43:54 AM »

One more -- a flip-card draw poker machine.  I've only seen one of these before, and it wasn't this one (the one I saw had a small monochrome monitor in it).
I should view this topic more often - nearly missed this one.

The machine for sale is an Atronic. I don't know how many of these are in the USA, they're not sold commercially here. I know of one, looking exactly like this one, that was awarded as a prize for something or other, some years back. It's been resold at least once before, if it's the same one. The flip cards are a German design - Bally Wulff originally, later owned by Gauselmann, which is associated with Atronics, though I'm not sure if G owns A or vice versa. Anyway, I have a flyer - this German Stella (below) looks awfully similar.

The other flip card machine you've seen, with the small monochrome monitor in it, was made by Games of Nevada in about 1985. These are quite rare. Only about 100 were made and most of them were broken up. Here's a cutting (slightly water damaged) of Mickey Wichinsky standing next to one at the exhibition where it was launched.

* stella.jpg (69.07 KB, 528x678 - viewed 308 times.)

* Mickey2.jpg (89.89 KB, 612x783 - viewed 294 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #480 on: January 13, 2010, 06:39:16 AM »

Thanks for the info, OpBell!  I couldn't remember "Games of Nevada" when I posted, but yeah, that's the one.  A friend of mine in Minneapolis has one of those machines -- serial number 1, by the way -- in his shop.  Neat stuff.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »

Knagl, with that serial number, I wonder if your friend has the actual machine that is in the picture that Op-Bell posted?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Op-Bell

« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2010, 06:04:54 PM »

I'd be interested to know how one got to Minneapolis! Maybe your friend used to work at Games.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #483 on: January 13, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »

SF- Could be!  I don't know that we'll ever know, though.

Op-Bell- I don't think he did, but I'm sure he knows how he got a hold of it -- I'll ask him about what he knows of the history of the machine next time I see him.  Stolistic and I have a planned trip to his shop this Friday.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #484 on: January 14, 2010, 01:27:47 AM »

That would be a fantastic addition to any poker player's collection!!! wow!
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #485 on: January 15, 2010, 12:29:07 AM »

Flip poker in action. 

object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGu9y94leDM&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dGu9y94leDM&rel=0</a>
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #486 on: January 15, 2010, 01:16:51 AM »

great video, inspiring to us slot heads.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
StatFreak

« Reply #487 on: January 15, 2010, 03:35:42 AM »

Thanks,
Wayne

I'd recognize OpBell's hand anywhere!  Crazy  Rumor has it that I've even shaken it once or twice.  frying pan Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Op-Bell

« Reply #488 on: January 17, 2010, 06:50:36 AM »

I'd recognize OpBell's hand anywhere!   Crazy  Rumor has it that I've even shaken it once or twice.
'Tis true! I got the card units from Games of Nevada when they cleared out the factory. There were two palettes of them, just tossed anyhow in cardboard boxes. I don't know what happened to the rest, but if I ever track them down I intend to make them into little table-top poker games.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #489 on: January 17, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »

Thanks,
Wayne

I'd recognize OpBell's hand anywhere!  Crazy  Rumor has it that I've even shaken it once or twice.  frying pan Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

SF garfield

WHAT have you shaken once or twice??? Tongue Out Crazy Duh! Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #490 on: January 17, 2010, 11:24:36 PM »

Interesting ad.
Would have to say it's some sort of scam as slots are illegal in Hawaii.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/clt/1557424755.html

And, looking for a slot to take on a plane??   Cry Laughing   Cry Laughing   Cry Laughing
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:42:16 PM by uniman » Logged
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #491 on: January 17, 2010, 11:41:35 PM »

I'll bet you that there are a lot of illegal slots in Hawaii, NYC, CT, SC, IN, and all the other illegal states. It's all underground both illegal gambling in clubs and home users. If they ever took a poll, it would probably shock you.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
StatFreak

« Reply #492 on: January 18, 2010, 01:21:34 AM »

Also looking for a machine that can be brought on the plane.

Is he kidding?!  ttth frying pan bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

"Excuse me sir, why does your overnight bag weigh 250lbs?" arrow
"I'm smuggling an illegal slot into Hawaii for a stranger that I met on Craigslist."  Tongue Out
"Oh, no problem then, as long as you're not carrying any explosives. That'll be $400 in excess weight fees, sir."   frying pan Duh!

I'll bet you that there are a lot of illegal slots in Hawaii, ...

I would think less so in HI, since the slots would have to be smuggled in on private boats and planes. It's hard to dive a truck over the state line between California and Hawaii. Weird Eyes

racergiant

Total Karma Storms: 105

« Reply #493 on: January 22, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »

Military families get their belongings crated up and shipped in containers on container ships when they get transfered to hawaii.

On moving day, the movers grab everything and throw it into the crates.  There are stories that movers have even thrown the families garbage and luggage into the crate.  That's why they recommend the families to remove anything from their homes that they don't want packed.

I could see slot machines getting shipped over there.  How many of those moving people know that slots are illegal in hawaii?  All they know is to put items into crate - they don't necessarily know where you are moving to.
Op-Bell

« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2010, 11:09:10 PM »

It's hard to dive a truck over the state line between California and Hawaii.
I suppose it is! But then, can someone please tell me, why does Hawaii have an INTERSTATE HIGHWAY?!?   bust gut laughing

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »

They do? How ridiculous... Tongue Out
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2010, 11:19:31 PM »

perhaps they're planning to build a bridge in the future....

Tongue Out

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Op-Bell

« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2010, 11:26:33 PM »

Oh, this is just so wrong.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/for/1563180134.html

Not surprisingly, this machine was sold within minutes for the posted price, $750. It is probably worth $3-4k at a collector's auction.

For those who don't know what they're looking at, it's a 1930s Jennings Century, all original with original paint, reserve jackpot and a mint vendor front. The small knob, lower right, dispensed a roll of mints for every nickel if you bothered to turn it. This meant the operator could describe it as a "vending machine". For good measure, the reel strips also made it a "fortune teller". Neither would hold up against a determined prosecutor but they allowed operation in some gray areas.

I'm posting a pic for when the original disappears.

* jennings century.jpg (116.5 KB, 670x894 - viewed 312 times.)

* jennings century detail.jpg (164.39 KB, 1023x683 - viewed 283 times.)
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #498 on: January 23, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »

I spent 4 years in Hawaii in the marines and there are actually three interstate highways on Oahu. 1 around the north side , one around the south and one through the middle of the island.  And yes the packers do pack EVERYTHING. They are regular movers that have contracts with the military to come in make a list of everything and crate it up. You call them when you get to your next duty station and they deliver the crates and even unpack them so you can check everything off the manifest they made previously. I even had my truck shipped when I left. Took a month but it came from Hawaii to Norfolk, Va without a scratch

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #499 on: January 23, 2010, 03:03:41 AM »

The Interstates are H1, H2, and H3.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 39 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.