Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 09:17:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Hopper Bench Test Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Hopper Bench Test Question  (Read 5010 times)
brazoot
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

« on: October 21, 2008, 08:57:27 PM »

Hi Guys, I want to bench Test a balky S+ Hopper (.25)   .... When viewed from the rear there is a seven (7) Pin connector which mates with the female connector inside the machine. When looking at the rear of the Hopper there are 3 pins on the left, which I will call one, three, and five....and three pins on the right which I will call two,four and six, and  a pin which sits in the middle of the connector between the two Verticle rows of pins.......... Where do I connect a current to ?.... I want it to run constantly and spit out coins so I can observe a jam when it occurs.  It counts fine, it just jams alot.....Thanks...Tom   

Brazoot
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:10:31 PM »

If you have replaced your hopper knife, check your shelf wheel for out of roundness.
tophat79
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:25:17 PM »

When we test a hopper after changing it from any donimination to a quarter we took a cord and cut one end off and put aligator clips on it and when we test a hopper you take the two wires off of the hopper motor.  Put one clip on the top and one on the bottom, put your quarters in and plug your coard in to an electrical outlet.  It will run untill you unplug it.  You can only do this to an IGT S+ hopper though.  Or you can put it in your machine and do it with the hopper test mode, they only problem is that it will count out ten quarters and stop.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:32:41 AM »

That's when you loosen the bolts for the hopper's optics and push it to the side...
 rotflmao It never gets to count to ten!
However, the optics will send a timed out signal  ( I think it's 8 seconds) and you'll get a "empty hopper" code.
so, the best thing to do is strip the hopper down, take out all the garbage inside AND behind the wheels.
Clean it like your baby's bum!
Adjust the knife so it just touches the pinwheel shelf and tighten it good.
Make sure your knives are nice and flat so the quarters dont fall off. Sometimes a little flat sanding helps too.
Even the "wiper" needs periodic adjustment. It needs to just let the coins thru without touching.
The wiper is just a guide so only one coin goes thru and helps a coin stay flat against the pinwheel.
Have fun cleaning it up and you should have a smooth running hopper!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 01:50:58 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
brazoot

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:26:32 AM »

Thanks to all. I'll do all of the above.  The pin wheel that is in the hopper now doesn't really have pins like my other hopper in another machine but about 1/2" long raised ribs. I wonder if it is causing the issue. Thanks again very much...Tom

Brazoot
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 08:11:11 AM »

The original factory quarter pinwheel used in later IGT hoppers is a 14 pin using the long type pins like you mentioned, usually the dot type pins were on older hoppers, ballys, smaller (16 pins) or larger (10 or so) coin (tokens), look at the stainless deflector under the knife if the shelf wheel isn't out like Ken mentioned, it could be bent up letting the knife not sit flush with the pinwheel and let coins get under the deflector or knife

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
brazoot

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »

I understand Jimbo.  I'll check it tonite. Thanks....

Brazoot
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.