Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  New GigaTouch Issue's (Looks like its pressing spin by it self) and Bill accept
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New GigaTouch Issue's (Looks like its pressing spin by it self) and Bill accept  (Read 4094 times)
samvong714
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 13, 2010, 05:27:46 AM »

Hello all, Thanks to all that help before with this game it seems as if this has become more of a headache then profitable. any ways.  I got the touch screen up and running and it is working great the game on here are awesome. 
But for some strange reason its acting like it's pressing the spin button by it's self  but i verified that the spin button is not being pressed.  I know this is happened because when i was able to get the screen working and able to select a game to play and once i put an amount on the bet it continuisly spin. I tired to even unplug the entire IPAD witch is a usb harness type this that plugs into the board and has the buttons stuff with  and it still did it. Anybody have any idea's? Also Could it been because i don't have the bill acceptor hooked up yet. and how do i hook up the bill acceptor . I know i have the harness for it and I'm pretty sure  it is the right plug for the bill acceptor. But i cant seem to find a bill acceptor to fit it  any idea's on that . Thanks all
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 01:12:14 PM »

Hello all, Thanks to all that help before with this game it seems as if this has become more of a headache then profitable. any ways.  I got the touch screen up and running and it is working great the game on here are awesome. 
But for some strange reason its acting like it's pressing the spin button by it's self  but i verified that the spin button is not being pressed.  I know this is happened because when i was able to get the screen working and able to select a game to play and once i put an amount on the bet it continuisly spin. I tired to even unplug the entire IPAD witch is a usb harness type this that plugs into the board and has the buttons stuff with  and it still did it. Anybody have any idea's? Also Could it been because i don't have the bill acceptor hooked up yet. and how do i hook up the bill acceptor . I know i have the harness for it and I'm pretty sure  it is the right plug for the bill acceptor. But i cant seem to find a bill acceptor to fit it  any idea's on that . Thanks all

if your using the touch screen to activate the "SPIN FEATURE"  ?
 it sounds like the touch screen mounting of bezel against glass is not isolated enough with foam -or rubber composite material ?
sending a constant press signal !! this happens on older desk top touch screens after heat and yrs of time get to them .the touch screens are tossed out !
when in fact its a simple fix to remove bezel and re-apply a barrier between bezel and touch screen ! the rubber welting sags and causes all sorts of funky actions !!

hope this clears that problem ??

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
samvong714

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 04:33:54 PM »

actually the bezel is not  on yet I havnt ordered it  yet. In fact I recall this happening in testing right when I simply had the monitor plugged up laying ontop of a box. any Ideas?
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »

actually the bezel is not  on yet I havnt ordered it  yet. In fact I recall this happening in testing right when I simply had the monitor plugged up laying ontop of a box. any Ideas?

well what type of touch screen are you using ?? and what type of monitor is it on etc .??

meaning if its a LCD with no bezel its a OPEN FRAME TOUCH SCREEN !! which looks like a peice of bare metal with LCD UNIT & TOUCH SCREEN ATTACHED THATS IT .

If its a desk top touch screen like a H/P  ETC its sourounded by the plastic its held into the frame with !!

if its a CRT UNIT ?? ===CATHODE RAY TUBE -- LIKE THE MONITOR ON A TELEVISION FROM 60'S 70'S to be safe to explain !i

s that just open framed ?? with a  3M MICROTOUCH  TOUCH SCREEN ON IT ?? OR A ELO TOUCH SCREEN ON IT ??
held on in most cases by double sided tape ??

a picture always helps ??

if the double sided tape is not tight or some company's I have actually seen just the four corners taped --  it wont respond well
if its sagged off from basic center --even on getting touch points --they still act funky at times ??

a little more info would solve that problem !!

rocket

modified --I have in possesion and have seen JVL CO. on there early JVL COUNTERTOP ARCADE GAMES
use just four small peices of double sided tape to hold on there screens .. this was done only to save money !!!
the haunting part of it is since they are dust collectors as a rule !! if a peice of lint dust falls between the touch screen and monitor ..
 it looks like  muted muted :58-IT ! plus the only way to get clean is blow gun out the residue --or remove screen totally and re-instal taping the entire touch screen in place !!

for test purposes I dont even do four sides anymore !! YES 3M "RED" DOUBLE SIDED TAPE IS EXPENSIVE !! but not having the calibration work is NO GOOD !!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:32:47 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
samvong714

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »

it is a bestech 3m microtouch usb open frame lcd . Actually i `can unplug all the input devices and it will still spin by self but i am out of credits right now and i don know how to install the  bill acceptor . But it still presses spin i can test it by playing keno and selecting numbers . and it will make the play sound same with all the other games
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 12:16:32 PM »

it is a bestech 3m microtouch usb open frame lcd . Actually i `can unplug all the input devices and it will still spin by self but i am out of credits right now and i don know how to install the  bill acceptor . But it still presses spin i can test it by playing keno and selecting numbers . and it will make the play sound same with all the other games

it must have some buttons on game ?/ i keep saying pictures are worth a thousand words ??  myself and everyone else is blind here trying to solve a problem typed out ??

the spin problem sounds like a stuck micro switch ?? as far as the dbv --it must have a harness that comes off the main wireing harness that has plugs ?
like a common are a 18 pin connector or 6-pin connector for the dbv on the arcade unit bill val.

shoot us some pictures ..

you dont need the dbv hooked up to ad credits if you show us the plugs ??

depending on which one you have a paper clip touch at the correct two pins will send the signal that a bill or coin has been entered .

"""""of course """"" you do this """"""""at your own risk """" if you dont know what your doing ??
you can blow up alot of stuff by crossing the wrong ones !!

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 12:20:41 PM »

new new new FAMOUS LAST WORDS   new new new

oh shoot !! i crossed the wrong wires   Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor

Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post

samvong714

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »

Thanks for the help. I found out what my issue was with the auto spin. there was a auto spin feature activated . All i had too do was disable the autospin feature. as the the Bill acceptor the harness looks like  a post connector  I think i shoul dbe able thook it fine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.