Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:46:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  What is it?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it?  (Read 4223 times)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« on: March 19, 2010, 12:07:08 AM »

Hi all.
 Can anyone identify this TV Poker machine?

* TV POKER.jpg (182.2 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 241 times.)

Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 04:43:53 AM »

Compare the cabinet with the picture here - coin entry, belly shape, top flash, money tray, stand - even the "call attendant" switch on the stand to the right of the machine. I think it's beyond doubt that they're related.

This machine (below) is a "Computer Poker" made by Bally Distribution Co, which was Si Redd's company that eventually became IGT. I would guess that your machine (above) is the next generation, a very early video poker. I doubt if it was the first video poker, because Si Redd was a great copier. Fortune Coin probably did the first one. Si bought Fortune Coin later and held a monopoly on video poker for many years thereafter.

Is it color or B&W?

* Bally Computer Poker (VCA).jpg (286.17 KB, 450x600 - viewed 236 times.)
CVslots

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »

What a excellent observation,  I'd say you were right on Hail
I though the "Poker TV" dated it pretty good. Amazing when you compair it to what  we have now. I have a Dale and assocates poker machine that is pretty old but I think this pre dates it. Do you know anything about Dale?

Op-Bell

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 02:00:40 PM »

If you mean the Dale Pokermatic,, Dale is the older by many years. Pokermatic was the first automatic paying draw poker, 1967. The Bally Computer Poker above was a 1973 copy of it, after Si Redd hired Dale's designer. Neither of them had a microprocessor inside, they were too early. The first microprocessor was invented in 1971 and the first practically useful micros came out about 1975, but in 1975 a single 8080 chip cost over $300 and there were probably only about 100 guys in the country knew how to use it. Video had to wait a few years until people got more familiar with micros and they got a little cheaper. At a guess, I would say circa 1978 would be about right for your game.

I also have a Pokermatic, and for good measure I know the Dales - Dale Rodesch, former owner of Dale Electronics, and Dale Frey, designer of the games.
CVslots

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »

I think your Pokermatic is older that the Dale I have. This one is a Dale & Assocates. Would  you by chance know witch Dale made it?

* Dale VP3.JPG (144.46 KB, 561x1000 - viewed 223 times.)

Op-Bell

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »

Ah, I've never seen that one. I thought Dale was out of business before videos came along - well, you live and learn. Here's a picture of the 1967 Dale Pokermatic:

* Pokermatic1.jpg (298.37 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 245 times.)
CVslots

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 02:32:52 AM »

What an awesome treasure applause applause and super clean. Not much information out there on the history of the old stuff. k+ for the picture.

Op-Bell

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 04:47:51 AM »

It is an awesome treasure - not many of those left - and it's in full working order too. True there's not much out there on the old stuff - well I would say on the middle stuff, say 1955-1985. There's reams written on the older stuff and manuals available for the newer, but that middle period is like a lost generation. All anyone knows about is Bally EMs. Yet those years were the period of greatest change and the most rapid development in the whole history of slot machines, when the old manufacturers were at the end of their lives, the new leaders hadn't emerged yet, and a whole bunch of upstart newcomers were filling the vacuum. I mean, who's ever heard of Gamex? Nobody has a Gamex machine. Yet they were the company that developed the stepper slot. Incidentally, Dale Rodesch's name is on the patent.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.