Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:30:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  stacker problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: stacker problem  (Read 4748 times)
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 33

« on: March 22, 2010, 04:55:08 PM »

Hey Guys and Gals,

I got a "bill validator error" this afternoon on my 044 Igame.  First thought was it was the validator(wba-12-ss) so I swapped it out for another. Still got the error. I checked all the wires, connections, etc and swapped it out for a third and got the same error message.  I changed out the stacker and the error went away.

When I install the stacker the validator does its check and I can hear the gears slow down and whine like maybe a belt is too tight. The rollers and gears on the stacker seem to be ok, at least I cant see anything broken or cracked and everything can be turned by hand.

Anyway I changed stackers and all is well with the machine I was just wondering if this a common problem?    Scratch Head  Any sense in trying to fix the stacker or better just to get another?

Thanks

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:06:31 PM »

sometimes the metal ends get banged in and rub against the white wheels that drive the unit.  sometimes the wheel cracks,  you can remove the gear train by removing the two screws ,and that internal unit will slide out for a closer review. you can actually turn the wheel and watch it go through its motions. CAUTION   the screws are metric and strip out very easy, use a # 1 Phillips with a hardened tip. with the unit opened(as too remove the money) you will see the two screws I am talking about.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 05:44:09 PM »

What metal ends?   

Please Post Pictures

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »

Sorry Im not the greatest photographer but I think you can see good enough to get the idea. 

The metal ends I believe Jim is talking about are part of the case and can be seen next to the white plastic wheels in pic 2116. The wheel on the right operates the rollers and the wheel on the left operates the arm that pushes the bills down into the the stacker.  The case is a bit beat up on the left side but not causing any trouble.

I found that the problem is with the metal bar at the bottom of pic 2114 and can also be seen in pic 2116   This bar has been bent out of shape a little bit and was rubbing against a couple of the rollers just a enough to to keep them from turning.

After a little gentle persuasion the bar is back in shape and stacker is working fine.

Thanks for the help.

* HPIM2114.JPG (420.12 KB, 800x600 - viewed 314 times.)

* HPIM2116.JPG (379.64 KB, 592x800 - viewed 325 times.)

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.