Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Quarter Mania
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quarter Mania  (Read 7783 times)
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« on: April 01, 2010, 11:10:20 PM »

Does anyone know if they made a game to match this topper or is Quarter Mania just a term used for quarter slots in general?

I didn't see anything listed on IGT's S2000 site. Any one got pics?

Rob

* IMG_4201.JPG (272.13 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 389 times.)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:23:44 PM »

Rob, everything I have been able to find say that "Quartermania" is an IGT WAP bank progressive for quarter machines and "Megabucks" is the same for dollar machines. I could not find any pics of any machines but I could have sworn I saw belly glass somewhere for a slot with that on it, maybe I'm just mistaken.

Dan (tacman)

Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:12:07 AM »

Quartermania was the first WAP slot from IGT in the 80's. They were 2 coin machines, jackpot reset of $200,000, all of them used a deluxe theme, double diamond deluxe, triple diamond deluxe, etc. back then. They've evolved into a game with a huge top box with 3 price is right type spinning wheels up there now. Here's a shot of the reel strips.

* SNAG-0040.jpg (46.75 KB, 580x431 - viewed 388 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 01:42:08 AM »

I used to play QuarterMania in Reno, but I remember it as being one word like the picture that Brianzz posted. I don't recall any signs that looked like the one that you have Rob.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
westec1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 01:54:24 AM »

Rob, like Dan (tacman) said, there has been belly glass come up on Ebay every now and then,
but I've never seen a machine for sale

nice topper yes

Wes

Wes propeller
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:45:32 AM »

Thanks Wes. We really like the topper too.   yes yes yes

I found this on eBay tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quartermania-slot-glass-IGT-new_W0QQitemZ260579168978QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3cabba92d2

Kind of plain looking though...

Rob

* QM.jpg (51.56 KB, 495x368 - viewed 328 times.)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 01:13:28 PM »

Quartermania was the first WAP slot from IGT in the 80's. They were 2 coin machines, jackpot reset of $200,000, all of them used a deluxe theme, double diamond deluxe, triple diamond deluxe, etc. back then. They've evolved into a game with a huge top box with 3 price is right type spinning wheels up there now. Here's a shot of the reel strips.

the ones I have seen and have except the reel & game chips were 4 reeler quarter mania S-PLUS early side main board design .. I have the complete door off of the machine with complete wiring harness and payline glass with 4 reel spots . early S+  or could even be a "M" ? not sure if  quarter mania was made in M SERIES ?? I  highly dought it !!

also have all the glass for 2-coin quartermania S-PLUS  for progressive .
some day the chips will arive with the reel strips .. ya you know who lol was sending me them ?? when 3 yrs ago ?/
waiting ..

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »

new new new NICE PICTURE OF VINTAGE IGT  new new new

QUARTERMANIA -4-REEL -3-LINE GAME-S-PLUS 
early design s+ with main board on left side of cabinet when door is open !!

can post the newer quartermania late 90's  2 coin single line game glass . once i dig through the pile !!
(not for sale )

rocket

* QUARTERMANIA 4 reel igt 3-line.jpg (68.15 KB, 600x450 - viewed 401 times.)

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »

Hey look at that! The Ebay auction fairy is perusing NLG again!!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Dan (tacman)

Paladin
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 63

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:54:34 PM »

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but a 4 reel Quartermania is listed on my local Craigslist in a package deal with a Double Diamond and a video poker.  The ad states that they all need work.  I've sold off all my slots and was tempted to pick these up just to see if I could get them running.  I did a search here to see if there was any info on Quartermania but pretty much only found this thread.  I figured the least I could do was post the picture from the ad since it doesn't look like the one already posted here.

* image.jpg (61.76 KB, 308x450 - viewed 332 times.)
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 10:01:55 PM »

That is a good buy for the three including Quartermania at 500.00.  Surprised no one has grabbed them yet.
Paladin
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 63

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 10:26:47 PM »

Must be because they all need work.  He says the DD takes quarters but there's no hopper, bill validator or coin slot.  How would you put a quarter in?  Is it some type of tournament setup?
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 12:03:50 AM »

I noticed that too, he mentions no hopper in the one, and I notice there is no coin entry on the button deck, so no hopper needed.  I wonder if the bill acceptor is one of those mounted to the lower right side like they did on the early S Pluses.  Could not see in the photo. 

You should grab those, I bet he would take 400.00, nobody in our area fioxes these it seems, so broken machines go cheap.  I would have gone after it, but the stable is already full here, although I do love repair projects.  That 4 reeler is awesome looking!  And I thought I had some cool S-plus games, but no 4 reelers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.